Metheus Puzzle Part 3 (Spoilers!!! Updated With Chest Answers).

27 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

The total number of glyphs is 32. A legitimate number for an alphabet, for example. Most of the glyphs on the mural appear in strings of 2-3. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

But how would that help us to put items into the chest? Would the symbols spell a word? Because if not, we'd be starting over with the chest theory.

It seems that this alphabet is probably pictographic. This gives us a very limited number of words, even if they can be combined as modifiers. Alternatively, we have distinct symbol groups - The blocks, the black-code and the gold-code being the main distinct sets. The blocks seem numeric, and base-13 would seem in keeping with Klei logic. Special characters in this set for stack-size limits would also be in keeping. If these are distinct sets, the gold-code symbols could be syllabic (who's to say the ancients used the same sound set?) and the black-code pictographic. The Fuelweaver "speaks", but also has telepathic abilities (mind control), so there is little reason to suppose it has a common language.

Regarding the "staff", is there reason to think it could not be the Shadow Thurible? This would limit the chest solution to mature worlds where the Fuelweaver has been defeated (cheats aside), and it bears a fairly direct association. Klei puzzles are usually clear from the back-end, even if difficult to decipher immediately, and this seems like a reasonable leap.

I don't know that Klei would force those on unreliable connections (generally played as local games) to join wider servers in order to meet their puzzle-partners from earlier stages, without providing capacity to relink accounts. Alternatively, this might be a deliberate strategy in order to try to foster (force) players to expand into wider communities.

There are three potential cases for the victory condition and relating to the player count: Require multiple players, allow multiple players, prevent multiple players. Pairing may play a role here. We have no information on that. However, "prevent" would stop this puzzle becoming a stealing tool for those on public servers, while "require" would be in line with earlier puzzles.

These are my considerations on the topic for the moment - do with them as you will. I haven't been around for any previous puzzles, so this may-or-may-not be useful. The though also occurs that the wild theories these puzzles generate, appropriately mixed, would provide a rich ore to distil new lore from.

7 minutes ago, Whisperr said:

ok this is as far as me and my friend got
 we cant go any farther , any ideas ? 

please don't post me this 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IQ8pFhdRU1EQaisSea_-ckvhYq1ryI_ZJ2hcsxyX6DA/edit#gid=0
i already tried it , it didn't work ....

The point of the spreadsheet is to figure out the answer, it doesn't tell you it :P. None of us have figured it out yet.

My friend and I noticed parts of our mural filling in (we have completed part one a two and the chest has appeared in the world), symbols in the creatures, like the one with the carrots and gems, do we know what that is about yet?

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 10.24.43 PM.png

excuse me, I have a little issue, did you saw the new symbols on the obelisk?,wellI was trying but I can't scroll to the top of the obelisk, this seems as some kind of glitch I can scroll to the bottom but not the top, I see an incomplete picture, I can zoom out to see the full image but I the image is very small now, anyone had that issue?

2 minutes ago, Rily said:

excuse me, I have a little issue, did you saw the new symbols on the obelisk?,wellI was trying but I can't scroll to the top of the obelisk, this seems as some kind of glitch I can scroll to the bottom but not the top, I see an incomplete picture, I can zoom out to see the full image but I the image is very small now, anyone had that issue?

I have the same issue, I use safari and I go to View - Zoom Out and it makes more of it visable. Should work in chrome too.

3 minutes ago, Rily said:

https://metheus.dontstarvetogether.com/l/obelisk1.png

Change the number from 1 upon 4 to see the obelisk. Your welcome.

Anyone having this same issue? i already completed the second part of the puzzle but now everytime i enter the site it shows like this, does your friend need to be online on steam for it to show complete or what's going on.
S7JU2GB.jpg

14 hours ago, Tumalu said:

From what other threads have figured, the most probable solution is:

You need the combination that results in 6 lights on the Metheus website puzzle. The set of 6 blocky things have notches to indicate how MANY for the stack. The set of 6 shadow letters translates on the mural to what kind of item to put in that slot.

Match the symbols to the correct items on the mural and we should have it solved.

The chest calls for your id, so yes, you need to solve the puzzle on the site and get your own personal solution with your partner. There most likely is no "one" solution that will work. It has to be YOUR solution.

Whether this turns out to be accurate or not, this is really helpful with logically grasping the second puzzle. Each item being a certain number of a certain item going into a certain chest slot.
Much easier to do that way.

12 minutes ago, Canal_WP said:

https://metheus.dontstarvetogether.com/l/obelisk1.png

Change the number from 1 upon 4 to see the obelisk. Your welcome.

thanks I was doing that, nothing will stop me to discover the end of the puzzle, but I would like to made it as it was intended, in this way the puzzle feels a bit flawed

edit:
maybe those symbols are the real number, I mean, one thulian shrimp thing have a symbol and "4" carrots and the other one with the other symbol have "3" gems

14 minutes ago, Tumalu said:

Oooh, so the obelisk symbols are just the murals. I see, that makes sense they'd show up in a "normal" fashion eventually.

the murals have been on the obelisk sense we saw it but it looks like the murals are changing seems like white tiles and symbols have been added

To the video/painting symbols...
The painting symbols next to the Staff are (speculated to be) "Key/Staff/Caves".
Using the translation of those with the symbol we already knew, the video version shown next to the Moonbase is "Key/Staff/Tenebrae".
One interpretation of "Tenebrae" is "Darkness".

"Key/Staff/Caves" - The KeyStaff in Caves.
"Key/Staff/Darkness" - The KeyStaff in the Darkness.
Take the KeyStaff from the Caves, and put it in Darkness.

Alright.
Step back for a moment.

The items we put into the chest seemingly always include what has been interpreted as the Walking Cane, and some amount of Nightmare Fuel.
Of interesting note, the Cane anim files were recently updated, and accompanying cane_shadow_fx, which is a collection of shadows seemingly dripping off of some cane-like object, unseen in that file; ie it's an overlay.
I'm going to assume that what we get out of this will indeed be the in-game Staff people data-mined, acting as an alternate Cane 'skin'.

Back to the puzzle.
We probably get the staff from doing the chest puzzle right, which will likely involve that other topic that's figuring out the symbol meanings. They're getting Klei shadowedits, btw.

Anyway...we know that both the New Moon and Full Moon have power in DST. The Moonbase channels the "moon's" power.
'Take the KeyStaff from the Caves, and put it in Darkness.' could mean...
Wait for a New Moon (empty, black moon, already has some stuff to do with Shadow empowerment).
Put KeyStaff (what we probably get from the chest) into the Moonbase during that night.

If anyone manages to correctly solve the chest puzzle, please try this.
I'm not sure what it will 'unlock', raining shadows down on a shadow staff...but it should be interesting.

1 hour ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

Whether this turns out to be accurate or not, this is really helpful with logically grasping the second puzzle. Each item being a certain number of a certain item going into a certain chest slot.
Much easier to do that way.

A very valid point. Plus, the Sacred Chest seems to have appeared in-game after compleing the 2nd phase on the website.

Hence, it is a super strong indication that it is the next step.

Archived