Metheus Puzzle Part 3 (Spoilers!!! Updated With Chest Answers).

2 minutes ago, Toros said:

In the sacred_chest.lua you have three possible params.  1 is a failure state, 2 triggers if there are <= 1 person within 20 units of the chest (roughly 4 turfs) and param 3 is a victory state.

You almost certainly need two people, the only question is whether it's any other person or specifically the partner.  I don't think it's just the partner.

If it locks the chest out for other players, maybe it won't for the partner?

Maybe partners both have to place items into the chest, who knows.

25 minutes ago, Silentdarkness1 said:

No you didn't. We only have guesses. Insaniam

The only one that is figured out for absolute certain is the one that looks like an @

Bottom right corner are the symbols in the mural. Each symbol represents an item in the mural, and since the symbols and corresponding images repeat we were able to discern which ones are which (everything except for the staff and Insanium)

@Silentdarkness1 Yes, it's less than or equal to one. But @Toros is correct:

if #players <= 1 then
		UnlockChest(inst, 2, doer)
		return
	end

If there are less than or equal to one person, then it terminates right there. It doesn't even go on to send the information to the metheus server. And the parameter 2 passed to UnlockChest makes it spit out your items, and then have your character say the line for ANNOUNCE_SACREDCHEST_NO.

About the that symbol , first i though it's and purple amulet (it makes you insane) . But in my code I have to put 2 of that symbol in the chest so it's surely stackable . = not the amulate

8 minutes ago, Escaped said:

Bottom right corner are the symbols in the mural. Each symbol represents an item in the mural, and since the symbols and corresponding images repeat we were able to discern which ones are which (everything except for the staff and Insanium)

We have no proof of what EXACT item is required, only speculation.

1 minute ago, Silentdarkness1 said:

So if there's only one person, you can even put the right combination in, and it'll still spit all the items back out at you, as if you hit the wrong combination?

Instead of simply being locked? @rezecib

Exactly. If it does go on to send it to the server (when there are 2+ people), the server replies with the code, which could be 2, also spitting stuff out. But if there are fewer, it always spits.

Just now, Ogrecakes said:

We have no proof of what EXACT item is required, only speculation.

Yes, but it can be very educated speculation. Symbol for key, symbol for "staff," and symbol for caves together. The only thing I can think of that's unstackable, related to the key, and exists in the caves is the Guardian's horn, and the king's staff, which we have no idea what it is. 

.........THAT IS STUPID.

No, i'm sorry Klei, but really, that's dumb. That's going to trip up many people. They'll spend a long time trying all combos and getting nowhere. There's no clue, outside of looking at the code that it's the case. They should've just had it be locked in that case.

That tripped me up. And I like to think i'm not a complete luddite. Imagine how many other people are going to get tripped up by this. And get ticked off.

Additionally, knowing that there's educated speculation for the staff and insanium doesn't help, when I need to decipher BOTH of these to finish my combination.

2 minutes ago, Silentdarkness1 said:

.........THAT IS STUPID.

No, i'm sorry Klei, but really, that's dumb. That's going to trip up many people. They'll spend a long time trying all combos and getting nowhere. There's no clue, outside of looking at the code that it's the case. They should've just had it be locked in that case.

That tripped me up. And I like to think i'm not a complete luddite. Imagine how many other people are going to get tripped up by this. And get ticked off.

Additionally, knowing that there's educated speculation for the staff and insanium doesn't help, when I need to decipher BOTH of these to finish my combination.

Thing is, they know we dig through the code and unless they are ambiguous word of mouth will transfer the solution quickly.

Once a few people succeed then the code will be cracked for everyone.

That's one thing, but even through that system, it's the better part of 2 days before that knowledge gets out.

This is more like just leaning on the community and saying "eh, go figure it out yourself, brainiacs."

Also I have no idea how they expect us to figure out what staff or insanium is. It gets no mention in the mural at all.

That's one thing, but even through that system, it's the better part of 2 days before that knowledge gets out.

This is more like just leaning on the community and saying "eh, go figure it out yourself, brainiacs."

Also I have no idea how they expect us to figure out what staff or insanium is. It gets no mention in the mural at all.

I've always assumed Insanium was nightmare fuel, it's the only ancient-era item left and the symbol's word meaning seems pretty self explanatory for nightmare fuel. 

Things that have occurred previously in the puzzles:

1. Typing in Latin phrases.
  2. Clicking on stuff in specific sequences.
  3. Tuning in and transcribing Morse code.

Regarding the murals: the total number of glyphs, their arrangements, as well as the strings/sequences in which they occur might suggest that it is some sort of alphabet, in my humble opinion.

59527e2c4de140989be19604f2075957.png

Posting this to confirm the following correlations,

5jgUlBA.png Has has matched at least one of the following in every single puzzle (and these symbols ONLY match this).
tHOkYDE.png3crghca.pngUzOBKPx.png2powCv8.pngD3d5gn6.pngE3xdbIy.png

A single tHOkYDE.png is present in every single solution code. You will ALWAYS have one.

There are a minimum of 2 5jgUlBA.png in every code, with some having up to 3. Figuring out column A could solve nearly 50% of every community members puzzle (If we're understanding this data correctly).

The following symbols have yet to be used in any solution answer, maybe you shouldn't consider them....

fXXHaMk.pngs0Cb0eY.pngUqTUejT.pngUXn0F16.png

xHeJvED.pngXcxGQ8z.pngbOOyit5.pngxGiaKEG.pngJ3IEKkG.pngi8k9gt0.pngkwRVaES.pngCGzGU74.pngv71B4tn.png68VmeDr.pngPTAm3gg.png

(Unless they have some sort of important hidden formula when in conjunction with ones that are used, are they used in murals?)

According to Google, Icelandic, Old English and Russian have 32 letter alphabets. :pp Latin seems to have fewer, though. Too bad I'm not a linguistic mastermind.

EDIT:

Don't forget the three glyphs from the trailer. They show up when the moon event gets activated. Anything related to 'moon' with three letters...?

4 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

The following symbols have yet to be used in any solution answer, maybe you shouldn't consider them....

fXXHaMk.pngs0Cb0eY.pngUqTUejT.pngUXn0F16.png

13-4 = 9

Perhaps these are just red herrings to mess with the number transcribers?

One of which would be a zero, since you can't submit a zero-sum item in the chest whereas the others might be negatives.

Can someone confirm that the 2 players have to be the same 2 players that solved Phase 1 and 2 of Metheus?

yes they do the first puzzle syncs the players together who knows you might also need them for part 3 but you do for sure need them for part 2

Can someone confirm that the 2 players have to be the same 2 players that solved Phase 1 and 2 of Metheus?

It would probably be safest to have the puzzle person with you you had originally. It unlocks it for the both of you after that point and puzzle-wise it makes sense. 

.........WHY

IS THIS NOT BEING BROUGHT UP SOONER

I feel like that would've also been pertinent information. That is AGAIN, not being talked about!

It seems pretty obvious to me, if it's a buddy puzzle that means that both people need to be together to get the reward, or next step. You can't solve this puzzle solo. 

@Silentdarkness1 It's impossible to know for certain, but the information it sends to the server is: item prefabs (in order), item stack sizes (in order), and a list of all nearby player's userids. The thing that makes the most sense is that it would look for the pair who completed the first two parts, yeah.

Archived