brummbar7    371

I forget in what thread it was, but someone posted a picture of a machine - apparently existing in code but not inserted into the game - which makes sand.  So if sand becomes semi-renewable (or at least able to be made with excess stone) that would help with air deodorizers. 

I'm also hoping there is eventually a machine that more readily makes gas liquification possible, as I really don't think it's great game design to require players to take advanced online ONI physics courses just to do something that is basically an only solution to a problem.  That is, I'm hoping for a machine that specifically condenses gases, rather than having to build giant pipe heat exchanger rooms.

turbonl64    14
7 minutes ago, brummbar7 said:

I forget in what thread it was, but someone posted a picture of a machine - apparently existing in code but not inserted into the game - which makes sand.  So if sand becomes semi-renewable (or at least able to be made with excess stone) that would help with air deodorizers. 

I'm also hoping there is eventually a machine that more readily makes gas liquification possible, as I really don't think it's great game design to require players to take advanced online ONI physics courses just to do something that is basically an only solution to a problem.  That is, I'm hoping for a machine that specifically condenses gases, rather than having to build giant pipe heat exchanger rooms.

Somebody mentioned if you put dirt in a roughly 400 °C environment, it will turn into sand. So that might be something for in the meanwhile.

Trego    23
3 hours ago, turbonl64 said:

Going back on using duplicants to get the polluted oxygen out: simply put it's taking too long (oh yes, I tried). Even with 25 (with 35 addtional ones putting in work around the new base) duplicants around the place and 15 cycles further, it has only diminished like 25%. 

Anyway, I think it'd better to avoid having duplicants living in polluted oxygen. In the current build this almost goes completely unpunished, but I think the game developers will change that eventually. Hopefully by then they both fixed this unlimited polluted oxygen generation, and gave addtional means for dealing with it.

Taking too long...only 45 more cycles and you'd be done!  But yea, I'm not trying to have a debate about what's better.  Every colony I make these days I come up with some artificial goals or limitations to add some challenge in, keeps it interesting for me, but when people are doing that better becomes not just subjective but dependent on all those arbitrary factors.I was just adding in option 4 to the list :)

stgo    0

Found one intersting solution : Find a void tile (ok that need a lot of luck) and then pump everything you don't like to it :D

turbonl64    14
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Trego said:

Taking too long...only 45 more cycles and you'd be done!  But yea, I'm not trying to have a debate about what's better.  Every colony I make these days I come up with some artificial goals or limitations to add some challenge in, keeps it interesting for me, but when people are doing that better becomes not just subjective but dependent on all those arbitrary factors.I was just adding in option 4 to the list :)

No no, it's a good solution. In the current situation it even is an advantage as you don't need to produce extra oxygen as long there still is polluted oxygen around. Just that aesthetic-wise I detest the yellow-brownish polluted oxygen and nothing seems to get rid of it fast enough xD. I got my liquidizer up and running, but even that takes quite a few cycles as the temperature needs time to get down to -183 °C. However, once it gets there it should put me in a much better position for future digging out bases.

I think it's mostly me going over all the options and feeling "that takes too long" at every step of it. I'm an impatient bastard.

Edited by turbonl64

Ketmol    1

I posted a youtubevideo about the Pufts that CodingKitteh talks about in his post. Thought I was first but apperently not :)

If you fint any Pufts around that is by faar the easiest way to deal with polluted oxygen and it has no real drawbacks...