The Tale of a Griefing Host (you read that right)

You did read that right.  This is the tale of a person who hosted their own server only to burn it down to the ground.  Here is the tale from MY end.

Another girl and I joined at the same time as the host did.  I actually had to wait a few seconds to select my character in order to wait for the host.  I decided to make a base by the portal, while the host went off somewhere else.  I had Wickerbottom, the girl had Wigfrid, and the host had Wickerbottom.  I was annoyed initially but didn't dwell too long on it.  I set out to get gold and rocks to make a firepit, alchemy engine, and a crock pot (the game started off with 3 treasure chests, one of which had a lot of food).  

I made a pickax and started breaking the rocks, and I made a torch for the night and to get charcoal.  I also went on a hunt for more twigs to actually make the crockpot and make a shovel/regular ax in order to chop down the trees and dig the logs up.  I got seeds from the chest, and I found beefalo, so I got the poop to make the agriculture book.  I found a Rhino chess piece and decided to get more grass and logs to make a spear and logsuit.  By the time I made the firepit, alchemy engine, and crockpot, the Rhino chess piece had been killed by the Wigfrid.  A Webber and Wendy entered entered the game.  I asked the Wigfrid where the gears were, and she replied "I put them in the chest."  I looked in the chest and did not find them.  I realized that the Webber might have gotten them because he planted a spider nest near the portal and got a pitch fork to dig up the grass by the portal.  Side note: I have YET to meet a Webber I like on Don't Starve Together.  They are generally either trolls, incompetent, or all over the place to the point that they're unreliable.  Nothing against Webber's because I LIKE his character, but a lot of Webber users fit that description above.  Anyway, this Webber was just holding on to the gears and stealing/using up all the resources.  It was annoying.  The Wendy wasn't any better, but they at least went out to get SOME stuff (like 10 cutting boards, 6 cutstones and 22 pigskins).  I decided to let it go and went on a hunt for silk (since the Webber planted a spider nest only to destroy it soon after).  Wigfrid came with me and just attacked a 3 tier spider nest (WTF?!).  She got hurt and decided to run away, so I used some of my rabbit traps and captured some of them (not before I lost a lot of health though).  I brought the silk and glands back home, and made meatballs with the monster meat.  I went out to get more silk in order to make a tent, only for the previous silk to be gone along with the spider glands and pigskins.  I was getting annoyed at this point.  Eventually Webber died, but Wigfrid got the gears back and went somewhere else with them.  Eventually, Wendy left as well, so I was alone at the base with Wigfrid and the other Wickerbottom gone.  

Later on, a Willow entered with another, completely different, Wendy.  Willow and Wendy entered the game and immediately went to collect twigs and grass for torches and various items.  I eventually got the silk and finally made a tent.  It ended up being used 2 times by both Willow and Wendy hopping in and out of the tent instantly for no reason at all.  Eventually Willow asked for the other base and left.  It was just me and a Wendy even more useless than the last; the last Wendy at least got cutting boards, cutstones, and pigskins (even if I didn't get to use the pigskins).  This Wendy did nothing but sit at the base and wait for me to bring food back.  I decided to hunt for rabbits and more silk, so I could use the cutting boards to make a Prestihatitator.  I aslo had a bunch of mushrooms, berries, and monster meat, but not icebox to put it in, so I eventually set out to hunt for gear people with Wendy trailing behind.  On my way there, I found Wigfrid and decided to follow her back to the main base.  I went there and saw three crockpots, tent, icebox, rows of grass/sticks, improved farms, firepit, alchemy engine, and treasure chests.  I immediately set out to make meatballs and made one meaty stew.  The time was night 13, so the hounds were coming.  I had an unused logsuit, and a slightly used spear.  I made the Wendy a spear so she could defend herself, and we all beat up the hounds.  In the middle of the hound fight, a random pig came out to join the fray, but Wigfrid killed it instantly and got the meat.  It was day 14 by the end of the fight, so I decided to make more meatballs.  

The next part was just confusing.  The host, Wickerbottom, set a tree on fire, next to the row of grass, and the fire spread to the rest of the base.  I thought it was an accident, and that she only did it to get charcoal but miscalculated how much the fire would spread (I've burned down a forest thinking that the tree was far enough away to only burn on its on).  I started getting burned in order to try to put out the fires, and Wigfrid helped me with this.  The host decided to set the row of sticks on fire and went around setting every thing on fire.  She couldn't set the icebox on fire, so she decided to hammer that one down.  Everyone was confused at this point.  I even said, "wtf?!  What's going on?  Why are you doing this?"  Wigfrid started hammering the burnt things down to salvage some of the stuff.  The host decided to leave the game, forcing the rest of us to leave.

Too Long; Didn't Read

I just don't get it.  She waited 14 days to troll and each game lasts 8 minutes.  She literally wasted an hour and 52 minutes, about 2 hours, just to host a game and troll.  I just don't understand the logic of going that far and wasting that much time.

19 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

I am confused as well. Was it not a testing server? See, when we stress-test mods, hilarity ensues. Then again we don't let randoms get caught in the crossfire.

It wasn't.  The server was normal and everything was going well.  All of a sudden, the host decided to burn down and destroy his/her own base like 14 days in.  I honestly don't get the point of putting all that hardwork into your base only to burn it down.  I also don't get the point of waiting almost 2 hours to troll.

Archived