Hype?  

568 members have voted

  1. 1. Hype??



Recommended Posts

Pyr0mrcow    1,239

Noticed this while scouring the murals for recognizable things.

Fountain Change.png

Murals 2 and 3, respectively. Bottom of the second; for the third, it's at Torchy's feet.
The triangles change.

 

By the way, here're those puzzle things in case anyone else wanted to have a look.
http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/4/images/dark-secrets.jpg
http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/5/images/maxwell-the-great.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cherryzion    385

original.png

I've been trying to figure out what the heck this thing is. It only appears in the first mural, but it does quite a bit. I was thinking maybe it represents ferns, but that would be kinda lame. Although after a bit of thinking, it does remind me of another symbol...

original.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pyr0mrcow    1,239

Yea I feel like the bright markings (mostly bunnies) are the characters painting, while the 'faded' markings are something else being revealed underneath a layer of dust. Maybe.

 

Another point for the Fuelweaver = Staffsalot thing is that Max mentions something about it regaining its memories near the gate. Buuut...Staffsalot himself raised a creature that at least looked similar to the Fuelweaver, in one of the murals.

I still feel like they're the Guardian due to the comment about Fuel changing it, and Staffalot's cloak matching its fur.
It's an Ancient Guardian, and the artists saw fit to put that furry-looking cloak on the 'nobles'...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mobbstar    13,075

@Cherryzion I really appreciate your work with the symbols, but maybe you should take a break :p

Considering the birds and aforementioned ancients-like ferns and/or critters, I assume the first "mural" is supposed to show how the bug people came to the land and developed up until the discovery of nightmare fuel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrxarous    105
2 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

*snip*

Considering the birds and aforementioned ancients-like ferns and/or critters, I assume the first "mural" is supposed to show how the bug people came to the land and developed up until the discovery of nightmare fuel.

From Wiki: 1º Mural- Depicts an old and underdeveloped civilization, composed of Insect(or likely Arthropod) people. They live in misery, suffering from hunger and fear. All before they discovered Nightmare Fuel.

 

Totally agree.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CatBurger    167

Ive missed too much. Can someone catch me up? I was able to see the metheus page while at school a few times and saw the bunnies and such, but i dont know any theories behind it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

Noticed this while scouring the murals for recognizable things.

Fountain Change.png

Murals 2 and 3, respectively. Bottom of the second; for the third, it's at Torchy's feet.
The triangles change.

 

By the way, here're those puzzle things in case anyone else wanted to have a look.
http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/4/images/dark-secrets.jpg
http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/5/images/maxwell-the-great.jpg

thought they were obelisks (yknow the pig king kind)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3,629
5 minutes ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

Yea I feel like the bright markings (mostly bunnies) are the characters painting, while the 'faded' markings are something else being revealed underneath a layer of dust. Maybe.

 

Another point for the Fuelweaver = Staffsalot thing is that Max mentions something about it regaining its memories near the gate. Buuut...Staffsalot himself raised a creature that at least looked similar to the Fuelweaver, in one of the murals.

I still feel like they're the Guardian due to the comment about Fuel changing it, and Staffalot's cloak matching its fur.
It's an Ancient Guardian, and the artists saw fit to put that furry-looking cloak on the 'nobles'...

And as I said multiple times, last surviving ancient. Ancient Guardian is talked about as exactly that, from Maxwell's quotes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pyr0mrcow    1,239
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 9screamingkittens said:

thought they were obelisks (yknow the pig king kind)

Ooh, they might be.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

And as I said multiple times, last surviving ancient. Ancient Guardian is talked about as exactly that, from Maxwell's quotes.

Yea, there're a lot of points for Staffsalot being the Guardian. I listed off a bunch in older posts. Just trying to give other theories credence :p

5 minutes ago, CatBurger said:

Ive missed too much. Can someone catch me up? I was able to see the metheus page while at school a few times and saw the bunnies and such, but i dont know any theories behind it

Someone else thinks it's the current DST group drawing their story.
I kinda think the same, but I think in doing so they're revealing stuff hidden underneath by dust or something (the current page has lighter markings alongside the bunnies).
One about the Ancients really hating bunnies. Would make some sense given that every mural but the last where everyone is dead has carrots in it.
Not sure if there're other theories?

Most of the discussion recently has been about the mural runes and the previous appearances of some of them.

Edited by Pyr0mrcow
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yousif7733    74

i love mining a lot so i had been trying to use old cyclum puzzle

the cyclum puzzle ip is 52.202.18.16 and it uses port 80 that mean http 

the metheus puzzle ip is 52.21.32.99 and it uses port 443 that mean https Although the https is useless for us we dont need it 

so if it is a different ip mean a different server then why 

http://cyclum.dontstarvetogether.com/files/submit_Btn.png = https://metheus.dontstarvetogether.com/files/submit_Btn.png

and 

http://cyclum.dontstarvetogether.com/files/input_bkg.png = https://metheus.dontstarvetogether.com/files/input_bkg.png

and i notice that the obelisk images are gone i mean why the dev after some time put X on it but after like 10 hours they delete it i mean the could delete it from the first time 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoneyTabby    23
1 minute ago, Mobbstar said:

About the Fuel Weaver /  Skeleton / Fossil / Stalker stuff:

  Reveal hidden contents

p0.png

Skeleton has two eyes

p1.png

The horns are different, but it could easily be a different subspecies of this kind of creature

p2.png

suddenly a third eye

p3.png

this is a far fetch, but the fourth "mural" shows three black dots above the griefing Staffsalot

So TL;DR: The bones are just an avatar for the Fuel Weaver, it's not his real physical form.

Very good theory 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3,629
1 minute ago, Mobbstar said:

About the Fuel Weaver /  Skeleton / Fossil / Stalker stuff:

  Hide contents

p0.png

Skeleton has two eyes

p1.png

The horns are different, but it could easily be a different subspecies of this kind of creature

p2.png

suddenly a third eye

p3.png

this is a far fetch, but the fourth "mural" shows three black dots above the griefing Staffsalot

So TL;DR: The bones are just an avatar for the Fuel Weaver, it's not his real physical form.

It could very much be that the Shadow Atrium is its real "mind". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pyr0mrcow    1,239

...I'd been trying to figure out some way that Staffsalot might be fused with a skeletal being or something. Your idea would make a lot more sense.
Maybe they simply found a way to revive themselves using Nightmare Fuel, and the whole Fuelweaver thing is copying the ritual.
Doesn't explain why there seems to also be an image of Klaus getting rekt, but that might just be an Easter egg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoneyTabby    23
Just now, AnonymousKoala said:

It could very much be that the Shadow Atrium is its real "mind". 

So we are walking in the fuel weavers mind when we are in the atrium?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Selenne    503
2 minutes ago, yousif7733 said:

at the obelisk images are gone i mean why the dev after some time put X on it but after like 10 hours they delete it i mean the could delete it from the first time 

i guess they could've wanted to tell us that its not important in the puzzle?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoneyTabby    23
1 minute ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

...I'd been trying to figure out some way that Staffsalot might be fused with a skeletal being or something. Your idea would make a lot more sense.
Maybe they simply found a way to revive themselves using Nightmare Fuel, and the whole Fuelweaver thing is copying the ritual.
Doesn't explain why there seems to also be an image of Klaus getting rekt, but that might just be an Easter egg.

I wanna see that klaus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    10,317
3 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

About the Fuel Weaver /  Skeleton / Fossil / Stalker stuff:

  Reveal hidden contents

p0.png

<img class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" data-fileid="109219" src="//forums.kleicdn.com/monthly_2017_04/p0.png.1b89e99f06c6617d29e7ee07a7daf70d.png" alt="p0.png"/>

Skeleton has two eyes

p1.png

<img class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" data-fileid="109220" src="//forums.kleicdn.com/monthly_2017_04/p1.png.9d1e064397064e902009dc0f12c6f421.png" alt="p1.png"/>

The horns are different, but it could easily be a different subspecies of this kind of creature

p2.png

<img class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" data-fileid="109221" src="//forums.kleicdn.com/monthly_2017_04/p2.png.3b1f19640fb54878ef58785db315453e.png" alt="p2.png"/>

suddenly a third eye

p3.png

<img class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" data-fileid="109222" src="//forums.kleicdn.com/monthly_2017_04/p3.png.bfa3593f2da5efed3016e6d7cad51c12.png" alt="p3.png"/>

this is a far fetch, but the fourth "mural" shows three black dots above the griefing Staffsalot

So TL;DR: The bones are just an avatar for the Fuel Weaver, it's not his real physical form.

What are your thoughts on

Spoiler

YQJaZkB.png

The red skull with three eyes.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now