A New Reign Puzzle - Metheus

Hype?  

615 members have voted

1. 1. Hype??

• Developer

With the release of the free A New Reign expansion, comes more puzzles and mysteries from Klei.

The Fuelweaver's 3rd form, fightable in the Atrium, has a string of quote that said "Metheus..."

The user @ImDaMisterL, with his ingenious and brilliant mind, just goofed up the webpage and inputted that there as a what if. What an Einstein.

Click here to be redirected to the puzzle's page!

So, what exactly lead the community to think something was going on?

Klei posted the release trailer of the A New Reign free expansion:

And it had some moments where hidden images could be seen i one paused at the right time before/after/in the middle of transitions.

The first one:

Spoiler

Trailer 1.png

That seemed to depict weird symbol, maybe even a language, and the community already started to theorize. Some people linked the some of the symbols to older William Carter/Maxwell puzzles.

The second one:

Spoiler

Trailer 2.png

The First Day

When entering the website, you'd be face to face with this:

Spoiler

Day 1.png

Yes, a cave wall and what appears to be some torches/lanterns. Nothing special was happening, and we realized we'd have to wait.

Ater that, the user @Mobbstar used pro hacking skills to access the available assets page and found 4 very interesting images:

Spoiler

mural 1.pngmural 2.pngmural 3.pngmural 4.png

Those images appeared to depict the murals that told us a bit of the ancients' story in-game, but much more detailed now, of course. People realized though, that the 2nd mural was missing.

Some time after, Klei restricted the assets page more than before, and if you tried getting those images now, they'd be like this:

Spoiler

Mural 1 X.pngMural 2 X.pngMural 3 X.pngMural 4 X.png

The Metheus page updated again that day, adding bowls of what seems to be paint and brushes:

Spoiler

Day 1 part 2.png

The Second Day

The page updated once again:

Spoiler

Day 2 part 1.jpg

@CarlZalph Made a compilation of the symbols and the apparent alphabet of the ancients:

Spoiler

Alphabet Compilation.png

And @Zeklo made a post with each individual symbol, found here: 

@Cherryzion made a compilation of the symbols we've had in older puzzles, their names and meanings:

Spoiler

Symbols.png

The page updated 3 more times that day:

Spoiler

day 2 part 2.pngDay 2 part 3.jpgDay 2 part 4.png

@Maslak Made a truly great discovery as well: metheus.dontstarvetogether.com/tenebris

;)

The Third Day

In this day, the page updated thrice!

Spoiler

Day 3 part 1.jpg

Day 3 part 2.png

day 3 part 3.jpg

According to @Canal_WP, the page will update 2 more times today, at 2:55 and 10:55 PM, as it appears to update every 8 hours. EDIT: That turned out to be wrong :(

The Fourth Day

So far, the page has only updated once today:

Spoiler

day 4 part 1.jpg

day 4 part 2.png

Thank you so very much, @Aeschwutz, for helping me with all the images I haven't (and even the ones I have) collected. This probably would've taken much more time if it wasn't for your awesome help!

Huge Update (And link to guide!)

This topic would be updated as the puzzle progressed, but I'm a bit busy nowadays, so I'll take longer to update it properly.

There's an "obelisk_turn" thingie...

It has CSS styles for "login steam" and "login rail". The steam login is almost certainly for later, so you get your free skin gift for solving the puzzle!

I'll edit this post with more findings

(EDIT: it seems the steam login may be used to bring the tragic torch from the cyclum puzzle to this one)

Nice ! I was just about to start checking every frame of the new video (saw it some 1-2 mins ago) . I knew that all the waiting was not for nothing ! I suppose when we solve the puzzle we get new stuff !

3 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

There's an "obelisk_turn" thingie...

It has CSS styles for "login steam" and "login rail". The steam login is almost certainly for later, so you get your free skin gift for solving the puzzle!

I'll edit this post with more findings

Wait, where do you find that?

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

My guess is that this will be like Cyclum, some days we'll just have to wait.

That's for sure as it is now we can't do much . But oh well with every new day we will get more hype :p . (and klei will have more time to work on the content) . 

Hopefully we will get more answers than questions this time :D .

Archived