Hype?  

566 members have voted

1. 1. Hype??

Cyberboy2000    376
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, lardi said:

I think it would be better if we do it the way it's intended to, or else it just ruins the fun and hard work the devs set for us to use our potato cups on.

You're probably right, I guess I wanted to feel like I contributed in some way considering that the entirity of the first and second puzzles were solved while I was sleeping :D.

But it is a possible last resort. Ever heard of the Black Monolith puzzle from Fez? There's still no-one who knows how to solve it (well, except for maybe the devs), someone just decided to brute force it and even after it was solved it is still not understood. Doubt the people at Klei would be that cruel though :).

Edit:  Oh wow, turns out I was wrong. The Black Monolith puzzle has a solution, or at least a theorized solution: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/77173/how-is-the-monolith-puzzle-in-fez-supposed-to-be-solved

Edited by Cyberboy2000

Ajosen    226
1 minute ago, defleshed2 said:

Why wouldnt the devs remove them as you can still see the picture even with it being crossed out

the thing is they didnt even remove them, they were still clearly visable but there were red crosses on them, which only happened once they were put on the forum. to me that shows that the Devs are saying "no this is not for now, you shouldnt have seen this yet"

Maslak    3,321

Monolith puzzle. Damn. Please don't mention it ;_;

• Like 1

Zampano    245

Honestly, all of this is giving me flashbacks to Neopets and their Coltzan's Shrine puzzle. In a good way.

KastorRegma    11

Okay I made an account just to say this. I destroyed the ancient pseudosciense station next to the chest (cause it was on every picture i saw as well as my world) and it spawned 4 shadow creatures 4 cave spiders 4 bats and a TON OF TRinkets, unfortunately no staff or anything out of the ordinary. 

( the rock lobsters were spawned by me to deal with the sudden wave of enemies). I am not sure if this is helpful but maybe you guys can make something out of it.

staff.PNG

Ajosen    226
1 minute ago, KastorRegma said:

Okay I made an account just to say this. I destroyed the ancient pseudosciense station next to the chest (cause it was on every picture i saw as well as my world) and it spawned 4 shadow creatures 4 cave spiders 4 bats and a TON OF TRinkets, unfortunately no staff or anything out of the ordinary. 

( the rock lobsters were spawned by me to deal with the sudden wave of enemies). I am not sure if this is helpful but maybe you guys can make something out of it.

staff.PNG

did this too. nothing changed 

Maslak    3,321
Posted (edited)

So. Page does refresh when there are too many button clicks (I mean part 2). But does it refresh on its own after some time has passed? I think like it's not true, but there were some ideas like this before, I just want to make sure.
@Cyberboy2000 there were many theories, not sure if any of these felt actually true.
Also, don't forget there is heart room, too. Where you can't find solution/code anywhere.

Edited by Maslak

Ajosen    226
1 minute ago, Maslak said:

So. Page does refresh when there are too many button clicks (I mean part 2). But does it refresh on its own after some time has passed? I think like it's not true, but there were some ideas like this before, I just want to make sure.

no its fine

polygone    123
4 minutes ago, KastorRegma said:

That's just what those stations drop when you hammer them. Granted it's a small chance for actual loot, but that's normal for trinkets to spawn.

• Like 1

Ajosen    226

i just got 504 error on my metheus. but im actually not too bothered, kinda lost all hope in humanity today with this puzzle, whole day, wasted.

Ashrell    77

I have an "504 gateway time-out" error ...
*scream very loud*

The Curator    1,050
1 minute ago, Ajosen said:

i just got 504 error on my metheus. but im actually not too bothered, kinda lost all hope in humanity today with this puzzle, whole day, wasted.

The only good part about it is when you complete it, and look back realizing that is likely something you will never have to do ever again in your life. Because it shouldn't be to begin with.

When you word it like that though, my metheus; makes it sound like a phone brand or application.

KastorRegma    11
4 minutes ago, polygone said:

That's just what those stations drop when you hammer them. Granted it's a small chance for actual loot, but that's normal for trinkets to spawn.

Yeah for some reason i remembered less being spawned the last time I destroyed one. Anyway never mind.

Nickolas2600    145

This isnt even a puzzle more like a annoying challenge... I am getting so frustrated with this code thing.

Escaped    191

I'm pretty sure each of the symbols corresponds to a Don't Starve item and each box corresponds to a number, and we just put the specific items in stack numbers in that chest once we solve the 2nd puzzle with our buddy. However we have to wait for codebreakers to find out what the symbols/boxes mean so we can do that. 

brbrmensch    435
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Maslak said:

it has click limit, yes, you can see the torch fading with each click, not with time however.

also there's a strat for consistent way to complete that part

(i think most already got past it with solution threads, but i can post it there as well if somebody got troubles - it's math based with 111222 tries)

Edited by brbrmensch
  • Like 1

defleshed2    9
5 minutes ago, brbrmensch said:

it has click limit, yes, you can see the torch fading with each click, not with time however.

also there's a strat for consistent way to complete that part

(i think most already got past it with solution threads, but i can post it there as well if somebody got troubles - it's math based with 111222 tries)

bubble sort method? :)

Brickfest    42

Me and my partner are probably really stupid but we're still stuck at the second puzzle...

Anyone got screenshot what happens next? The button just glows gold and nothing more?

Escaped    191
1 minute ago, Brickfest said:

Me and my partner are probably really stupid but we're still stuck at the second puzzle...

Anyone got screenshot what happens next? The button just glows gold and nothing more?

You have to take the code that you and your partner have when you solve the puzzle, find a chest in a game of DST and put in your code as items in a stack number. No one has figured it out that far yet. 

• Like 2

F2Li2    7

Sorry to be "that guy," but I have no idea what's going on. I've been checking the puzzle itself, and apparently, in that time, almost a hundred page have been added.

Can someone explain what's happened since the cave painting last updated? I'm completely lost.

• Like 1

brbrmensch    435
2 minutes ago, F2Li2 said:

Sorry to be "that guy," but I have no idea what's going on. I've been checking the puzzle itself, and apparently, in that time, almost a hundred page have been added.

Can someone explain what's happened since the cave painting last updated? I'm completely lost.

go to sollution thread near that one

F2Li2    7
Just now, rezecib said:

@F2Li2 Solution for part 1: (ignore the part of the main post about part 2, it's not very good)

Solution algorithm for part 2: 

People are still trying to figure out part 3. Mostly that's taking place in this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IQ8pFhdRU1EQaisSea_-ckvhYq1ryI_ZJ2hcsxyX6DA/edit#gid=0

Okay, thank you so much!

Ashrell    77

ok, I have an important question :

WHO is doing the puzzle ?

the arms holding the tragic torch are made of shadows, and the only two characters we know who can control the shadows are Maxwell and Charlie.
in the others puzzles we were watching the action, and in this one we are the one in control of the situation.

who are we playing ?........

• Like 1