Hype?  

568 members have voted

1. 1. Hype??

Tumalu    313
Just now, Rellimarual said:

Is it possible that, given the emphasis on partnering, that you're supposed to input your buddy's item code into your chest?

You need both codes already; one for the amount, one for the items.

The theory that sides of the block notches mean different amounts is possible, but, i'unno. How would you tell? Doesn't seem realistic. Further, just making you take really large amounts of items seems like unnecessary.

You can switch buddies, you just have to start over to do it.

Electroely    1,777

After checking with a few modder friends, we have found in the code that more than 1 player needs to doing the ritual. Most likely the 2 partners.
And yes, we did try to get the items off of the code but the whole thing is stored on klei's servers

• Like 2

Ajosen    230

ok this might be pre existing but ive found holes in the ground in the ruins with thulicite fragments in the centre of the hole on a raised platform. I dont know if this is new. also they have different quantities of thulicite fragments, e.g. 7 or 5 

Zampano    245
3 minutes ago, Electroely said:

After checking with a few modder friends, we have found in the code that more than 1 player needs to doing the ritual. Most likely the 2 partners.
And yes, we did try to get the items off of the code but the whole thing is stored on klei's servers

On the same server?

The Curator    1,051
Just now, Electroely said:

Either this is meant to be a symbiotic metaphor for the Torch and Staff wielder.

Or Klei needs to get a new damn puzzle gimmick.

• Like 1

Electroely    1,777
Just now, MrFurphie said:

How do I get to the chest in the website?

The chest is ingame. It is located in front of the Ancient Psuedoscience Station.

brbrmensch    437
1 minute ago, The Curator said:

Finished the puzzle.

was chest involved? got anything? or just did the 2 part with 6 lights?

The Curator    1,051
Just now, 9screamingkittens said:

and thats literally what im talking about

Completely ignored that entire post and just replies "see, negativity, look i'm right". Completely ignored the entire point of the subject you brought up and just skipped straight to hallucinating a way to make yourself feel correct.

Almost as if the internet meme children all follow this exact same pattern. But regardless, done with you.

Ogrecakes    447
2 hours ago, Maslak said:

Hello! Came back from whole day at uni. As I guessed, right when I went to bed, actual puzzle started. I just booted up computer for a couple of minutes to check Metheus at morning and then went out. I'm back, but just for a while. I want to read all pages before I actually do something, currently I'm on 135. Damn people, stop whining how you can't do anything because of not having tragic torch. Making connections betwene puzzles like this is something amazing. Teaming up even more (I see something like this happening). Pretty sure everyone will get their reward.
Aaand I'm pretty sure that everything turned out well already and you got your stuff. See? Neato.

@Ogrecakes I don't mean to be mean or anything, but looks like you didn't care at all and when actual puzzle part started you suddenly appeared, telling people how to behave. Yes, I am annoyed by that ungrateful and idiotic behaviour, but you know, there are nicer ways to tell people to stop. Or don't tell them at all, or not more than once. Report option exists for a reason, mate.

No idea if there is thread for teaming up or something, but if not then it may be a good idea.

Klei staff was asleep, and everyone kept on spamming along with others.

"Nicer ways" don't really work when the people in question are clearly too young to connect what they are doing to a bad idea.

• Like 1

The Curator    1,051
3 minutes ago, brbrmensch said:

was chest involved? got anything? or just did the 2 part with 6 lights?

No just the current stage of the puzzle, the two interfaces beside the obelisk. The chest is still highly ambiguous at the moment, nobody is sure yet if it is even possible to complete without Klei making a further update.

Ajosen    230

ive been in game with my friend, and unless you need to be both next to the chest then it has to be this different staff, the one where we saw the skin. nothing i did worked

In the final mural the staff is shown at the feet of the geezer next to the portal. maybe thats where it is

Cyberboy2000    378
26 minutes ago, Electroely said:

Are you referring to this code:

15 minutes ago, Weird Wanderer said:

local x, y, z = inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition()
    local players = FindPlayersInRange(x, y, z, 20)
    if #players <= 1 then
        UnlockChest(inst, 2, doer)
        return

What does this mean? Its in the lua for the sacred chest and it looks like it's looking for a second person?

I don't know anything about coding so i dunno.

Because  <= (less than or equal) implies that it's the other way around, that you must be alone. That being said I don't have the context so I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Tumalu    313

Yeah, someone said they thought the code meant you need at least 2 people, but they posted the code itself on the other thread and it actually means you CAN'T have more than 1 person around.

pofil    96
11 minutes ago, 9screamingkittens said:

You, and that cretin from earlier who thinks likes and dislikes never mix in reality need to repeat elementary school a few more times.

I assume you mean me. Alas I don't think I'm the one in need of elementary education but have it your way.

AnonymousKoala    3,629

Haven't checked, is there any logic or pattern to the new puzzle? Or does it amount to dumb luck/trial and error like it seems?

Ajosen    230

In the final mural the staff is shown at the feet of the geezer next to the portal. maybe thats where it is

Zampano    245
3 minutes ago, Ajosen said:

Maybe it's a Fuelweaver drop now?