What Don't Starve mob(s) do you dislike most?

Deerclops.

Oh this mob isn't a boss at all, unless you consider "timed DPS checks" as a boss.

Unlike later bosses, which each have a strat that easily knocks out their main strength/makes them not as bad, deerclops is basically a DPS check, as not only do you have the chill of winter constantly at your character, DC also has a large sanity degen, which on it's own is bad, but is even worse if you main a low sanity character (i.e: wolfgang, webber)

43 minutes ago, Chaos2 said:

Deerclops.

Oh this mob isn't a boss at all, unless you consider "timed DPS checks" as a boss.

Unlike later bosses, which each have a strat that easily knocks out their main strength/makes them not as bad, deerclops is basically a DPS check, as not only do you have the chill of winter constantly at your character, DC also has a large sanity degen, which on it's own is bad, but is even worse if you main a low sanity character (i.e: wolfgang, webber)

You can deal with this somewhat by tanking him over a campfire with a football helmet and logsuit (or two each in DST), and a nice stack of cooked cactus flesh/jerky to eat when you're done. Or wear the bee queen hat, if you have it, and laugh.

I don't really like the cave worms. They swarm me and I have to find other mobs to kill them. Too much action for me..

What I really dislike is the way Goose/Goose appears when you come near one of her spawning points. Suddenly falling from the sky this massive beast with its weird look on its face making the ground shake and scaring me as hell

is the word -m-oose forbidden or something? o.o

Basically anything that hits you from long distance several times before you can get it, leaps out and jumpscares/hurts you before you can prepare, or STEALS STUFF.  So the basic boring triefecta of dangling spiders, clockwork bishops/MacTusks and monkeys that everybody else has already been saying.  (shrug) 

If I'm allowed to include boss/boss-esque monsters, ANTLION!!  I _still_ think it's so, so, so, so, so stupid that it's mad at you not only before you've _done_ anything to it, but sometimes before you've even had a chance to SEE it!  How can I placate something I don't even have on my map?  Yes, the sinkholes have more warning now and seem to be a bit slower too--I swear, I used to not be able to outrun them no matter what; now maybe 2 out of 5 hits me at all, and that's on a bad day--but still, _stupid_ mechanic that makes no sense even by fantasy logic.  Sure, you can kill it now, but since I'm usually alone I tend to just run to a piece of ground I don't care about and dodge until it's over.

Frogs I hate if frog rain happens before I'm ready for 'em--it can be terrifying to be surrounded by something that could start attacking you at any moment and YOU CAN'T ATTACK BACK because of instant tongue stunlock-death (tonguelock?)...but if I have a bunch of tooth traps by then it's FREE JERKY FOR A MONTH, WHOO!  If you want to fish without trouble, just go at dusk.  I sometimes put a firepit near ponds for night-fishing, too.

That said, I've been playing Shipwrecked lately (because I suck at it and want to NOT suck) and I swear the monkeys have been made slower or something.  Used to be they'd grab EVERYthing I mined or chopped the second it hit the ground (or rather, the most wanted thing--the ONE thing they'd grab from a rock is THE EFFING GOLD NUGGET; if I chopped a tree because I desperately needed wood before nightfall, they'd grab the logs and _never_ the pinecones, etc).  Now if I just keep the space bar pressed down for dear life they hardly ever get _any_thing from me.  If that's deliberate, GOOD!  :)  More of that please.

Most mobs, however, I tend to just leave alone until they don't leave ME alone, unless they're used as food.  I have tame Beargers and treeguards wandering my servers all the time that freak out new arrivals, but hey--they're useful!

...Notorious

5 hours ago, isthisworkingnow said:

The Stagehand. 

Why does this monstrosity exist? It scares me so much. I am always tempted to just look away because it freaks me out that much. Nothing in this game is worse than it. (Even the Marble Shrub and Bundling Wrap nerfs)

Heh.  Don't go to my March of Civilization server, then (not that you were likely to in the first place)--the Stagehand followed me home during the first winter and has been hanging out at my base ever since.  When I go with my lighter to greet night-arrivals to make sure they don't die, it scuttles after me and scares them to death.  Totally unintentional, but the damn thing has been "decorating" different parts of my base for about five game _years_ now.  : P

And yes, I did get the blueprint out of it.  Long ago.  Unfortunately you can't actually DESTROY it (without mods?), so...

(EDIT:  And yes, I know I could lure it away by night and then ditch it in the day; but since I'm doing all the hunting, gathering, cooking, building and exploring myself, I can't be arsed.  : P)

...Notorious

6 hours ago, isthisworkingnow said:

The Stagehand. 

Why does this monstrosity exist?

Why does it exist? I'll let you tell yourself why:

6 hours ago, isthisworkingnow said:

It scares me so much. I am always tempted to just look away because it freaks me out that much. Nothing in this game is worse than it.

It depends really: If I needed to cut that 1 tree to make campfire then why now I have to deal with 3k+ hp treeguard
Varg: I hate how sometimes it can spawn in the worst possible plase for example the middle of my base...

I dislike all mobs that swarm you and stunlock you so hard that you can do nothing but just watch your armor break and HP go to zero.

Grumble Bees. These things aren't so bad at first, but then they spawn so fast you can't keep up and get stunlocked to death.

Shadow Splumonkeys. You thought you'll just stroll around these Monkey Huts, hm? Then Nightmare Cycle happens. These buggers never stop chasing.

Birchnutters. For something so small, they sure are a big annoyance. They don't deal much damage, but it's the stunlock that's gonna get you killed.

Lavaes. They'll try to stunlock you, and if they fail at doing that, they'll burn you. And if that doesn't happen, then you can be sure that their mother will finish you off.

Oh, also they always have auto-attack priority higher than Dragonfly herself, so better keep mouse-clicking that huge dragon, because your character will try their hardest to kill that small worm nearby!

Tallbirds. Was quietly sitting in my camp not near a nest and one randomly showed up and pecked me. I killed it and burned its nest and I've had a grudge ever since. I didn't have the egg, either. 

Other than that... Monkeys, I guess. Sometimes I plant Spiders on their dens just so they have a distraction. 

On 4/5/2017 at 3:34 PM, Astroknot said:

Basically title. I made this as a counterpart to the "Whats your favorite Dont Starve mob?" thread.

Oh, and here is the link to the aforementioned thread:

Here is the list of all the mobs I dislike, in order.

Hide contents

1. Splumonkeys (They can end even the longest of runs.)

2. Frogs (Frog rain.)

3. Mooselings (I have had bad experiences with them.)

4. Bunnymen (I don't even need a reason for this one.)

5. Dragonfly (Single-player version.)

6. Dangling Depth Dwellers (Except when I'm Webber, then their my best friends.)

7. Damaged Clockwork Rooks (Always breaking my pseudoscience stations.)

8. Clockwork Bishops/Damaged Clockwork Bishops (Too much range, unkiteable.)

9. Pengulls (Why are they always in base?)

10. Hounds (General annoyances.)

Hide contents

Not-so-Honorable mentions:

Tentacles

Batalisks

Cave Spitters

Lureplants

Birchnutters

And that should be it!

Splumonkeys are the most annoying things of all time.  They are like the annoying people who shadow you and take your loot, but they can come in groups.

Frogs are next.  Not even just frog rain in spring, but walking by an area with a lot of ponds can be annoying.  

I would say Batalisks next because they are relentless and don't let up.  Especially when a new player opens the sinkhole.

Hounds are next.  I know, I know...  Thing is, you can hardly avoid them and they get bigger and bigger.  Sometimes you can be doing something important, and they are there as a nuisance.

Spiders.  Walking in the dark and running into them is hell.

Mooselings.  They would be higher if they were more frequent, though they still deserve a spot on my list.

The clockwork bishop thing that shoots things is annoying.

Other than that, I don't care for the other mobs.  They are avoidable for the most part and some are neutral.

From least to most

fourth place: Goose/Goose, I swear his attack range is randomly generated on each attack.

third place: shadow monkey, nothing to explain here

second place: baby beefalos, especially when asleep.

first place: tamed pudgy beefalo.

I hate most of the aggressive mobs, but If I have to pick one... Probably spiders. They come at you in a group, and the easiest way to take them out (trapping them) takes a lot of resources.

I play Webber sometimes, since spiders are friendly to him... But I don't use him too often. He takes away a lot of the early game challenge.

Archived