[DSRoG] Increase Insulated Pack size!

Virtually no one uses this poor item, unless a hibernation vest was already crafted and players just want a neat trophy. With 6 spaces, one feels obligated to only fill it with food, and even then, the backpack still trumps it in space, and is far easier to craft. I have two possible buffs that could really benefit it.

Option 1: Give it two more spaces to match the backpack. Warly of SW already gets something like this easier, so why not make players work hard to get it on another character?

Option 2: Give it 4 more spaces, for a maximum of 10. This could serve as a step up from the basic backpack while still giving the Piggyback some use. We have to kill a beefy Bearger to get this item. Why not give it 10 total slots without the slowdown and make even Warly players want it?

Honestly, it's a barely used item. It can't freeze thermal stones, which is fair, and many players just pay attention to the space backpacks give. The slower food spoilage is negligable, really. Onwards, my readers, to the reply section below!

Extra note: I remembered the Sea Sack from Shipwrecked, which could also benefit from either option.

I just wish it could freeze Thermal Stones...

A little bit off-topic, if a player were to wear one during the Summer in Together and it had the ability to do so (I know we're talking about single-player), they could act as a mobile refrigerator, making sure that everyone has cold Thermal Stones and could move out and about without wasting resources on Endothermic Fires.

Thermal stones in your backpack still affect your temperature, so if it cooled thermal stones, you'd be spontaneously freezing, which would make summer a joke. Extra space would be cool, since right now it seems more of a downgrade, since spoilage can be avoided very easily.

On 3/30/2017 at 2:40 AM, Thieverpedia said:

Virtually no one uses this poor item, unless a hibernation vest was already crafted and players just want a neat trophy. With 6 spaces, one feels obligated to only fill it with food, and even then, the backpack still trumps it in space, and is far easier to craft. I have two possible buffs that could really benefit it.

Option 1: Give it two more spaces to match the backpack. Warly of SW already gets something like this easier, so why not make players work hard to get it on another character?

Option 2: Give it 4 more spaces, for a maximum of 10. This could serve as a step up from the basic backpack while still giving the Piggyback some use. We have to kill a beefy Bearger to get this item. Why not give it 10 total slots without the slowdown and make even Warly players want it?

Honestly, it's a barely used item. It can't freeze thermal stones, which is fair, and many players just pay attention to the space backpacks give. The slower food spoilage is negligable, really. Onwards, my readers, to the reply section below!

Extra note: I remembered the Sea Sack from Shipwrecked, which could also benefit from either option.

It definetly has a use that no other thing can do, make spores, decay slower! I use it all the time when I'm catching spores and filling up my lights!

Archived