[Game Update] - (BETA) 211992

1 hour ago, V2C said:
  • Improved Antlion Sinkhole warnings.

I much appreciate this change, but what was done to improve the warnings? 

Are there more clear visual/audio warnings before a surface sinkhole happens or something else?

Edited by Silxer

• Developer
14 minutes ago, Silxer said:

I much appreciate this change, but what was done to improve the warnings? 

Are there more clear visual/audio warnings before a surface sinkhole happens or something else?

There should be a little more warning time, slightly stronger screen shakes, and also a small warning ground effect that plays near the player(s) being targeted.  Keep in mind that these warning effects follow players as they move, and do not necessarily indicate the final spawn locations of the sinkholes (unless the players don't move at all).

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, V2C said:

There should be a little more warning time, slightly stronger screen shakes, and also a small warning ground effect that plays near the player(s) being targeted.  Keep in mind that these warning effects follow players as they move, and do not necessarily indicate the final spawn locations of the sinkholes (unless the players don't move at all).

Good stuff, and thanks for the info. :D

8 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Fixed bug where Hounds can sometimes fail to spawn for players standing near the edge of the world.

Teehee.. I know someone who won't be happy about this. xD

Edited by cezarica
  • Like 10

9 minutes ago, HelloNeptune said:

@V2C  What about  worms and white spiders?

If avoiding depth dwellers by walking on the edge is to be fixed, i want to be able to burn the silk like in DS

Edited by asdrub43l
Typo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, asdrub43l said:

If avoiding depth dwellers by walking on the edge is to be fixed, i want to be able to burn the silk like in DS

Or simply better the Ornate Chest loot? Like, instead of getting basic weaponry and armour we get thulecite ones as well as more of other good stuff like ancient gems, thulecite fragments and thulecite? It would make the labyrinth something decently designed; you'd need to either outrun the spiders or face them in order to get all of this good loot. No edge-cheesing + good chest loot = good game design, imho. And it's more fun that way :D

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Or simply better the Ornate Chest loot? Like, instead of getting basic weaponry and armour we get thulecite ones as well as more of other good stuff like ancient gems, thulecite fragments and thulecite? It would make the labyrinth something decently designed; you'd need to either outrun the spiders or face them in order to get all of this good loot. No edge-cheesing + good chest loot = good game design, imho. And it's more fun that way :D

Have they ever even explained what they were on when they added basic, lowest level bottom of the barrel loot to what is essentially the endgame zone of the world. Like, is there a specific reason. Because if there isn't that makes absolutely zero design sense.

• Like 3

It's basically the same as in single player. It can come in handy to find a spear, if say you bring Hutch with you, turned Fugu, and the spear inside him gets worn out killing white spiders. You could load up on log suits and pig helmets for your big fight with the Guardian. But generally I think it's just one of those things that resembles gambling, like tumbleweeding. It's mostly lame stuff but you need to check every chest in case there's thulecite in one of 'em, 

Edited by Rellimarual
  • Like 2

Personally, it makes sense to me that the Ancients didn't just drown in luxurity. Spears are among the oldest weapons known and as such it is hardly surprising to find them in various communities. I see the point @Rellimarual makes, it's a gamble in which finding common items might be advantageous in certain cases (similarly, I don't want to waste a thulecite club on dangling depth dwellers). At the same time I am not against better loot like @EuedeAdodooedoe mentioned.

• Like 2

Okay, @V2C, how about a change in the ornate chest loot? It's not even that difficult to do either! Here, I'll even provide the code/balance for you:

Lines 4 - 60 in chest_labyrinth.lua (located in scripts/scenarios), local function OnCreate, local items table/list/array:

Spoiler

local function OnCreate(inst, scenariorunner)

local items = 
	{
		{
			--Body Items
			item = {"armorruins", "ruinshat"},
			chance = 0.2,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.armor:SetCondition(math.random(item.components.armor.maxcondition * 0.33, item.components.armor.maxcondition * 0.8))end
		},
		{
			--Weapon Items
			item = {"ruins_bat", "batbat"},
			chance = 0.2,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.finiteuses:SetUses(math.random(item.components.finiteuses.total * 0.33, item.components.finiteuses.total * 0.8)) end
		},
		{
			item = "nightmarefuel",
			count = math.random(6, 18),
			chance = 0.2,
		},
		{
			item = {"redgem", "bluegem", "purplegem"},
			count = math.random(3,6),
			chance = 0.15,
		},
		{
			item = "thulecite_pieces",
			count = math.random(12, 24),
			chance = 0.2,
		},
		{
			item = "thulecite",
			count = math.random(4, 12),
			chance = 0.1,
		},
		{
			item = {"yellowgem", "orangegem", "greengem"},
			count = math.random(2, 4),
			chance = 0.07,
		},
		{
			--Weapon Items
			item = {"firestaff", "icestaff", "multitool_axe_pickaxe"},
			chance = 0.05,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.finiteuses:SetUses(math.random(item.components.finiteuses.total * 0.3, item.components.finiteuses.total * 0.5)) end
		},
	}

chestfunctions.AddChestItems(inst, items)
end

Lines 4 - 66 in chest_minotaur.lua (located in scripts/scenarios), local function OnCreate, local items table/list/array:

Spoiler

local function OnCreate(inst, scenariorunner)

local items = 
	{

{
			--Body Items
			item = "armorruins",
			chance = 0.33,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.armor:SetCondition(math.random(item.components.armor.maxcondition * 0.8, item.components.armor.maxcondition))end
		},
		{
			--Body Items
			item = "ruinshat",
			chance = 0.33,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.armor:SetCondition(math.random(item.components.armor.maxcondition * 0.8, item.components.armor.maxcondition))end
		},
		{
			--Weapon Items
			item = {"orangestaff", "yellowstaff", "greenstaff"},
			chance = 0.25,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.finiteuses:SetUses(math.random(item.components.finiteuses.total * 0.8, item.components.finiteuses.total)) end
		},
		{
			--Weapon Items
			item = {"ruins_bat", "multitool_axe_pickaxe"},
			chance = 0.5,
		},
		{
			item = "thulecite",
			count = math.random(12, 18),
			chance = 0.5,
		},
		{
			item = "thulecite_pieces",
			count = math.random(18, 36),
			chance = 0.75,
		},
		{
			item = "livinglog",
			chance = 0.5,
		},
		{
			item = "nightmarefuel",
			count = math.random(18, 36),
			chance = 0.75,
		},
		{
			item = {"yellowgem", "orangegem", "greengem"},
			count = math.random(6, 12),
			chance = 0.45,
		},
		{
			item = "gears",
			chance = 0.33,
		},
	}

chestfunctions.AddChestItems(inst, {{item = "atrium_key"}})
	chestfunctions.AddChestItems(inst, items)
end

:p

Remember, this is best in the case of the edge-dodging to prevent the dangling depth dwellers triggering on their webs being fixed/changed, although since this is multiplayer and typically for multiple players, better and more loot should really be there anyway. And considering that you need to kill the Fuelweaver for this to respawn, which in and of itself requires a lot of extended tasks, this is probably some-what decent loot for the chests. For normal ornate chests you still may get something that's more or less meh (like fire/ice staves, bat bats, red/blue/purple gems and at its current balance even the pick/axe, so as to put in a little bit of gamble on the loot, while at the same time, the thulecite armoury and weaponry may make up for it quite well). This kind of a gamble isn't present for the Guardian's loot, however, for obvious reasons. Telelocator staff in fact has no point in being part of the large ornate chest's loot, since it's only usabale on the surface and isn't that tough to craft a lot of late-game.

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe

• Developer
4 hours ago, HelloNeptune said:

@V2C  What about  worms and white spiders?

1 hour ago, jantonio said:

the same problem can be said for the giants, aka deerclops and bearger.

This fix applies to giants and worms too, basically anything that warns you that it's coming, should actually come.  Depth Spiders are not affected.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, The Curator said:

Have they ever even explained what they were on when they added basic, lowest level bottom of the barrel loot to what is essentially the endgame zone of the world. Like, is there a specific reason. Because if there isn't that makes absolutely zero design sense.

It adds anticipation and more value to the good loot. You feel more rewarded for your patience and hard work (world hopping/reset).

Also for jokes or ambiance.

10 hours ago, V2C said:

This fix applies to giants and worms too, basically anything that warns you that it's coming, should actually come.  Depth Spiders are not affected.

OK, I'm glad to hear that.

I think we should fight with white spiders compulsorily.The cobwebs are only decorations now.I want more challenge in that labyrinth.We can avoid Depth Spiders by walking on the edge is so unreasonable!

...However, any change seem to be more unreasonable :( because of Webber.

1 hour ago, HelloNeptune said:

I think we should fight with white spiders compulsorily.The cobwebs are only decorations now.I want more challenge in that labyrinth.We can avoid Depth Spiders by walking on the edge is so unreasonable!

It's unreasonable we can't remove the cobwebs that spawn the spiders, when we can remove them only then would I say it's reasonable to complain it's unreasonable to not spawn depth dwellers by walking on the edge.

35 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

It's unreasonable we can't remove the cobwebs that spawn the spiders, when we can remove them only then would I say it's reasonable to complain it's unreasonable to not spawn depth dwellers by walking on the edge.

Should we have the ability to avoid everything we can't remove? I think we need to face Depth Dwellers if they guard the precious deposits.

13 minutes ago, HelloNeptune said:

If we remove it, then hounds will never come again.

Well hounds don't give you useless materials, they bring you gems and teeth.

Depth dwellers don't give you anything but stuff you get from the easier above ground spiders.