Charlie's Sister [Spoilers]

heh, condescending now, aren't we?

3 minutes ago, The Curator said:

You do not make a convincing reference to releasing a new product or addition to a product just so you can take it away as a joke.

let your rage subside for this little nugget:

25 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

Wait a second... you must be misinterpreting my statement... I am FOR Winona to be in the game...

and then referencing possible lore queues as to allude Winona's presence in the upcoming puzzles that should follow a major lore update.

OK back to lore drops:

So now we can basically "confirm" that:

• Winona is a worker at the factory that Wagstaff owns and is knowledgeable of the events that occurred during the fire...
DIVININGRODBASE =
        {
            GENERIC = "That's an incredible piece of machinery!",
            READY = "I guess it wants the Voxola? Strange...",
            UNLOCKED = "Is... this how the bossman disappeared?",
        },
        DIVININGRODSTART = "I'm probably one of the few left that knows how to use these.",
  • And from that and the canon lore stated by Kevin regarding the factory fire: -- inspecting Waxwell
FIRESTARTER = "Mysterious fires seem to follow you like a plague, %s.",
  • It would be "confirmed" that it was Maxwell who caused the fire... but the question as to why he took "bossman" Wagstaff is still unknown.
  • For added details, she has a lot of allusions to the "factory" (there are more)
BURNT = "Factory fire!",
CATCOON = "She'll keep the rats outta the factory.",
PEROGIES = "You work up a mighty appetite at the factory.", -- the lucky cat jar
  • Time moves relatively at the same pace OR time has passed and is moving since the events after Charlie and Maxwell got taken into the World hinted at by this sentence which could imply that Winona thought that Charlie and Maxwell had died and yet here they are, "alive" and still going... (too much of a stretch? Maybe)
GHOST = "We both know that's not gonna stop ya, %s.",
  • And appears to get along well with Willow, though maybe because they a have similar attitude/disposition...
TRINKET_12 = "Hey Willow! Dare ya ta eat it!",
GHOST = "All that butt talk and you went and got yours handed to ya!", -- a bit chummy
  • May The Potatocup Lord have mercy on your soul...
TRINKET_26 = "That thing's an affront to manufacturing.",

That's all I can gather for now... good night O__O

The "one free hit from Charlie" thing is a shipwrecked-level perk (in other words, not useful at all), but this:

Wigfrid

SEWING_TAPE = "That my armor might be repaired!"

I'm really hoping this isn't just a weird Wigfrid quote, and you can actually use sewing tape to repair armor. If it could also repair tools, weapons, and maaaybe staffs (they could even make a joke about duct tape fixing everything), then the sewing tape alone could make her a great character.

...One I'd switch to once or twice in my wilderness world and bulk-craft sewing tape, at least :p.

DIVININGROD =
        {
            GENERIC = "That's a Voxola! What's it doing here?",
        },

DIVININGRODBASE =
        {
            READY = "I guess it wants the Voxola? Strange...",
            UNLOCKED = "Is... this how the bossman disappeared?",
        },
        DIVININGRODSTART = "I'm probably one of the few left that knows how to use these.",

"The radio is a Voxola PR-76, manufactured in 1919 by the Voxola Radio company of Sidney, Ohio. The radio offered revolutionary sound and reception quality for the time, and was promoted by an intense national marketing campaign. Very few units were actually produced, because the factory was destroyed in a fire only days after production began. Voxola founder Robert Wagstaff went missing the night of the fire, and the company declared bankruptcy soon thereafter."

ok so what I have gotton from this is that time in the real world has past a lot.

"DIVININGRODSTART = "I'm probably one of the few left that knows how to use these."

"manufactured in 1919 by the Voxola Radio company of Sidney"

1919 if she is probably the last one to know how to use it, how long have they been gone for?

15 minutes ago, cookiepersonofdoom said:

ok so what I have gotton from this is that time in the real world has past a lot

"DIVININGRODSTART = "I'm probably one of the few left that knows how to use these."

"manufactured in 1919 by the Voxola Radio company of Sidney"

1919 if she is probably the last one to know how to use it, how long have they been gone for?

The game is set roughly in the 30s (correct me if I'm wrong), however, certain characters were picked from specific time periods. 

11 hours ago, jantonio said:

ABIGAILHEART = "No one should have to lose a sister.",

This hit me hard in the feels for some reason.

GHOST = "All that butt talk and you went and got yours handed to ya!",

Winona's savage XD I'm liking her already.

Oh I really hope it isn't just an April Fools thing -_-

30 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

This hit me hard in the feels for some reason.

Winona's savage XD I'm liking her already.

Oh I really hope it isn't just an April Fools thing -_-

Honestly with all the lore we have so far, it would smart pretty bad if it was just a ruse. 

14 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

If all goes well, Winona will have Charlies awesome hair.

I'd hope there would be some resemblance, but if their appearance reflects their personality they'll probably have more of a messy look to them.

47 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

If all goes well, Winona will have Charlies awesome hair.

Yeah except mo-

33 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I'd hope there would be some resemblance, but if their appearance reflects their personality they'll probably have more of a messy look to them.

Exactly, Zeklo read my mind, the cheeky devil!

1 minute ago, Tylordian said:

What makes you think they will be lesbian?

i'm kidding, it's just a headcanon

it's pretty self evident, here's a few examples ;)

GENERIC = "All a gal needs is a good pair of overalls.",

ANNOUNCE_SOAKED = "I'm DRENCHED!", (yikes)

(wilson)ATTACKER = "Hands to yourself, bucko!", 

(willow) GENERIC = "Good ta see ya, %s!", 

AND GHOST = "All that butt talk and you went and got yours handed to ya!",

they talking about butts together!!! damn

2 hours ago, Cherryzion said:

i'm kidding, it's just a headcanon

it's pretty self evident, here's a few examples ;)

Random quotes of her saying negative things to guys.

Random quotes of her saying positive things to girls.

Yes. This is definitive. Homosexual confirmed. It must be so.

And, the overalls. Even referencing as a joke the belief that arbitrary behavioral patterns and preferences such a clothes are clues to significant fundamentals such as sexuality is annoying. By that logic, the Scottish Highlanders were all transvestites.

9 hours ago, Electroely said:

They DID say nothing about it and removed it from the files right after... I think it was a dev's mistake or something. It could be planned content but ends up unreleased, like Slipstor.

The developers have left plenty of unreleased or potentially future release content in the game, and they know full well any syntax they add will be searched. There is no reason for them to suddenly care about people finding content in the coding, unless they have a reason to care.

Taking it out means that they either put it in purposely as a teaser or they did not want people being spoiled to future content.

Or it is some warped April Fools joke, however have already explained how illogical that is; multiple times, on multiple threads.

Can also further infer that if this was a willful teaser, unless they somehow managed to upload 73KB of character dialogue with no character accidentally, then they are likely going to either reveal or release it very soon. It would be an inappropriate flow for them to tease something huge, that is not coming out or going to be announced for months. That would just squander the hype and put people on edge.

And it does not seem that Klei is very big on referencing content before it is released, people see it when it's out.

Archived