More Badges?

ImDaMisterL

• Developer

I've been pondering about this for a while. Wouldn't it be cool if the forums had more badges?

The only badges it has as far as I know are the Chester Plushie Supporter badges, the Modder badge and the Featured Artist badge. The Chester Plushie Supporter badges aren't obtainable anymore and the Modder badges don't seem to be given away anymore, meaning we can only get the Featured Artist badge currently.

Looking at the Chucklefih forums, they have an incredibly long list full of some really nice badges, be it community, artist, rp or modder related, and they incentivate people to always be awesome to get those cool shinies!

Now there's a problem, what if a user gets way too many badges and they start taking way too much space? Well, maybe only a few would show in posts and the rest would show in a tab you can open when clicking "all badges" like in the Chucklefish forums? It would be nice if you could choose the badges you want to show as well.

I also miss the banners, from DS beta, U&A and HitD. Maybe users that make big mods/mod collabs could get some new banners too? Could the people that participated in the ONI subforums get an ONI banner once it's released?

These are just a bunch of ideas of mine, and while it would be really cool if they became a thing, I'm aware everyone from Klei is really busy and probably won't have time to implement any of this, at least, not so soon. Plus, there is the fact IPS probably doesn't ully support this and it might require extra eddort and code from Klei's part.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

This would be amazing. However, I feel that badges go hand in hand with titles, rare and secretive and always mysterious. If we want more badges we'll probably have to pester some devs or maybe Joe.

Nah, I don't feel like badges should be rare like titles. Banners? Maybe, but not badges.

Now, that they ould be mysterious? Oh yes. Imagine that awesome badge someone got and not even they know how, LOL

And yeah, maybe pester is not the right word... (JoeW would probably stop replying to me hahahah) let's say... encourage him to do that, yes! :) 

5 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Nah, I don't feel like badges should be rare like titles. Banners? Maybe, but not badges.

Now, that they ould be mysterious? Oh yes. Imagine that awesome badge someone got and not even they know how, LOL

And yeah, maybe pester is not the right word... (JoeW would probably stop replying to me hahahah) let's say... encourage him to do that, yes! :) 

Sounds like a plan! Hopefully this thread gains some traction and we get some ideas! How about a badge for helping test a game? Maybe a badge for a ton of status updates. Maybe a badge for consistency in logging in....

• Developer
19 hours ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Sounds like a plan! Hopefully this thread gains some traction and we get some ideas! How about a badge for helping test a game? Maybe a badge for a ton of status updates. Maybe a badge for consistency in logging in....

Spoiler

Squish Squash! - Report 10 or more bugs in any Bug Tracker (Image of a hand [prolly Wilson's] swatting something)

WOW! - Make a truly amazing post. No, seriously. That's amazing. (Image of a surprised Wilson, or just a cool-looking wow letter)

Wiki Editor! - Runs the Unofficial Don't Starve Wiki

Mod-erately Helpful - Awarded to those who constantly give a helping hand to others in the modding community

Base Engineer - Awarded to those who made a really awesome base in either DS/T or ONI

Busy Guy - Awarded to the most productive and active users in the forums

Master Rolep´layer - Has one of the best rps in the world!

inst:AddComponent("Helper") - Help Klei and get your code in the game (Image of a DS-like computer)

Those are just a few suggestions that I might or not update in the future. If some/most of them remind you of the Chucklefish forum ones, it's not mere coincidence.

seems like a good idea I know it's a motivator on Wikia also shows you who the good editors are I think it would be a good incentive. though maybe only edgilbe for people who are in the forums often and a long time.

I know for me personally it would cease my hunger for a title for I collect a shiny badge before a Title.

hehe

anyway seems like a good idea for me though it having chances for being implemented I don't think so I don't Joe likes these sort of things.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

though it having chances for being implemented I don't think so I don't Joe likes these sort of things.

I don't think it's a matter of liking or not, but a matter of availability to implement it.

Though he did seem not to be too fond of such things.

To be honest, in my new thread I'm making, I'm already planning on giving people a small token for completing a specific duty or two on it. I think it'd be hilarious if there was a badge for it.

• Developer
16 minutes ago, Destros09 said:

Memer badge, has over 30 post in maxwell memes

That wouldn't work, as a lot of people post there but don't actually make memes. Maybe it'd track attachments there, dunno, thyat seems overly-complicated.

Maybe different artists badge for each game? Like, say someone makes an ONI fan art and a DS fan art and they both get featured, then they can get one ONI art badge leading to their thread in that section and a DS art badge leading to the other thread.

• Developer
4 minutes ago, ThePreChewedTree said:

I don't think that kind of badge would work too well, people would just post short snippets to make it to 35 pages

Maybe a long-lasting and active roleplay would get this, like a Wave After Wave kind of thing.

On 28/03/2017 at 10:56 AM, Weirdobob said:

I'm already planning on giving people a small token for completing a specific duty or two on it.

DAWWWWWWW

-

Weird Signature Badges? (Or Smilies Badges? (◕)╯︵ ┻━┻, Yeah I made that..)

Archived