[Game Update] (Preview Branch)- 211579

• Developer
  • Having too many falling liquid particles should no longer cause the game to crash
  • Pumping an incorrect element into a building will now either dump that element on the floor or pump it through instead of destroying the mass
  • Buildings should now heat up the world more than they heat themselves up, making them less likely to overheat
  • The Hydrofan should no longer remove massive amounts of energy from the world causing gases to freeze
  • Seeds that have been partially consumed by a Hatch should no longer crash the game when they try and replant themselves
  • Mechanized Airlocks with access controls turned on should no longer stop Dupes who have access to use the materials on the other side of the door
  • Crashes that occur during saving/autosaving should no longer corrupt your save files

View full update

• Like 8

yehay - does

"Pumping an incorrect element into a building will now either dump that element on the floor or pump it through instead of destroying the mass"

mean, that we can use hydrogen generators right behind a gas pump without the need of a gas separator module (forgot correct name :D) ?

So it uses all hydrogen by itself and forwards oxygen and others...

Edited by Speadge
questionmark :D

Thanks for hardworks :)

hatch eat seed , Since when ? 

• Pumping an incorrect element into a building will now either dump that element on the floor or pump it through instead of destroying the mass

yesss !! No more broken :)

• Buildings should now heat up the world more than they heat themselves up, making them less likely to overheat

welcome to darkage ! When you use supercomputer with damage more !!

Edited by sai05

1 hour ago, Cheerio said:

Pumping an incorrect element into a building will now either dump that element on the floor or pump it through instead of destroying the mass

Looks like we have a new way to over pressurize a room.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Buildings should now heat up the world more than they heat themselves up, making them less likely to overheat

I am having the opposite result at least on my two thermo regulators.  They were running fine in 211417 and now they are overheating inside of the day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheerio said:

So if I super cool the air generated by a electrolyzer and pump it directly into a hydrogen generator without a gas filter. The hydrogen gets used to generate power and the oxygen cools the generator, and there's no risk of overpressurising? Interesting.

21 minutes ago, jnkweaver said:

I am having the opposite result at least on my two thermo regulators.  They were running fine in 211417 and now they are overheating inside of the day.

Same here - my hydrogen Gens now get damaged at 23.1°C - being build out of gold.

Should resist 125°C

Edit: its not heat, its "wrong element damage" - WTF?

Edited by Speadge

Just now, Octyabr said:

I think is talking about the pot the plant is and not the plant itself.

It might be that he made a planter box out of hot clay.

@Risu being a seasoned player I'm pretty sure that's not the case... and me being a seasoned player, I was making a joke ;)

I proposed that scenario because that just happened to me:

Made a room full of cool carbon dioxide to make my garden, managed to collect inside that room a thousand kilos of very cold clay, enclosed a single duplicant to build all the planter boxes using the cold clay only, shortly after he started to complain of full bladder, I allowed him a break because I didn't wanted him to contaminate the place, and after that he came back with the hottest clay he could find to continue building... Needles to say I found out when it was too late.

15 minutes ago, Octyabr said:

I think is talking about the pot the plant is and not the plant itself.

It might be that he made a planter box out of hot clay.

The planter box was near a geyser actually. Was testing out wheezeworts for cooling steam awhile back.
The plant itself was perfectly happy, but the box of clay (that smelts at 1200K) was slowly destroying itself.

5 minutes ago, Vilda said:

But the planter box itself has overheat of only 75°C . A that is with the clay bonus.

Even so, that's the first time it has done this after putting that planter in there a week ago.

1 hour ago, PickPay said:

Just when I thought Hydro Fans could help with heat issues :(

So after some testing, all buildings heat up much less, temperature seems to spread out more consistently throughout the base (which is ruining my plants but working on it), Carrots do a better job, the Fans are not as powerful ok BUT the Thermo Regulators overheat within a cycle... Hot fix that machine plix plox !

20170328034617_1.jpg

That regulator was built during cycle 192, also tried another one before that same problem.

Should I post this in the bugs ?

Edited by PickPay
details and screenshot