walani's doodles

tumblr_ong3qsZLPZ1vrtjq6o1_400.png 

hiya! im walani/angel and im a fresh ol newborn to these forums and dont starve (t) in general! i just wanted somewhere to stash my dont starve related art! specifically in a community that enjoys dont starve just as much as i do heh heh! i hope i can remain active here..

heres some doodles

tumblr_ong3qsZLPZ1vrtjq6o3_500.png tumblr_onku12Vpl81vrtjq6o2_400.png

Edited by walani
  • Like 18

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

Congratulations on making a thread. Hopefully you'll post more art later.

The organic nature of the pose works with the first picture.

What's going on with willow?

thank youx2! im hoping to post regularly. i thought it would be cute for wendy to have a try at doing willows hair.

10 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ey, that Walani drawing looks cool! ^_^

Willow swearing? That's not really lady like. The hearts in Wendy's dialogue kinda make it look "shippy" like. I could be wrong though ^^;

thank you! ehehe no, it isnt at all though i dont see her as very lady like in the first place for some reason.. also! ahaha you could see it that way :~] up to you really!

• Like 2

heres some more stuff for today.. forgive me, im still completely clueless as to how these forums work yet x~[ who knows if ill continue.

tumblr_onh9kkpwu51vrtjq6o1_500.png

tumblr_onh9kkpwu51vrtjq6o2_540.png 

i started obsessing over painting cleanly when i realized this is kind of okay for a overall messy ds style/feel? i guess?

tumblr_onh9oaOusj1vrtjq6o1_500.png

Edited by walani
bah! a typo
  • Like 13

These are adorable!  I especially like Wigfrid's expression while flipping her helmet around on her finger.  And I guess...Willow got tired of her hair doing that all the time?  : P  You've also totally mastered the scribbly Don't Starve style, and the lighting in the Wendy and Abigail picture is _totally_ them.

And as someone who also drew a picture of Walani (to use as my avatar) obviously I approve of your name.  ;)

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, walani said:
  1. forgive me, im still completely clueless as to how these forums work yet x~[ who knows if ill continue.
  2. tumblr_onh9kkpwu51vrtjq6o2_540.png
  3. tumblr_onh9oaOusj1vrtjq6o1_500.png
  1. What're you having trouble so far? I'd be happy to help.
  2. Whoa! I'm not sure how you managed to get that texture to work with that lighting, but that's good stuff. Especially around Abigail's eyes. Those are really subtle.
  3. Is Walani your go to choice for silly poses? :wilson_ecstatic:
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, walani said:

ahaha you could see it that way :~] up to you really!

Yeah, maybe she's just bein' girly ^_^

Omg, I love Wigfrid! ^_^ That picture's awesome (and rather mischievous looking ;) )

Wendy and Abby also look really cool.

And Walani... that's literally what I do when someone calls me from my room XD

• Like 3

On 3/27/2017 at 0:06 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

And as someone who also drew a picture of Walani (to use as my avatar) obviously I approve of your name.  ;)

...Notorious

thank you so much! i really appreciate it <3 i love walani a ton too! shes just too cool. 

23 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. What're you having trouble so far? I'd be happy to help.
  2. Whoa! I'm not sure how you managed to get that texture to work with that lighting, but that's good stuff. Especially around Abigail's eyes. Those are really subtle.
  3. Is Walani your go to choice for silly poses? :wilson_ecstatic:

1. i think im just not used to this kind of interface its simply overall confusion ^^;; thank you though! ill be sure to ask you if anything really boggles the brain gears!

2. thank you! :~] i just scribble around with a 73% flow hard brush in photoshop!

3. indeed she is :~] shes perfect for them ehehe!

23 hours ago, Ninjanemo said:

Holy moly! You sure produce some amazing art!

Even though my ego has been reduced by 200% by just looking at the pieces you've uploaded so far, I can't wait to see more from you!

thank you so much! gah no need for any reduced egos, dude! i personally think my doodles are as good as the next persons and so on ahaha

23 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

And Walani... that's literally what I do when someone calls me from my room XD

thank you! i honestly couldnt relate and agree more when it comes to this statement

• Like 3

15 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I just noticed something... Wigfrid and Walani are like complete opposites XD

Walani - Lazy

Wigfrid - Not lazy and wants to kill everything :p

this inspired me a bit

tumblr_onksv7lzFA1vrtjq6o2_r4_1280.png

tumblr_onksv7lzFA1vrtjq6o3_r1_1280.png

tumblr_onksv7lzFA1vrtjq6o4_r2_540.png

"someone gets me!"

tumblr_onksv7lzFA1vrtjq6o1_r2_500.png

i like to think wigfrid has awful spit spray every time she even speaks screams.

Edited by walani
  • Like 12

On 3/28/2017 at 4:34 PM, walani said:
  1. tumblr_onjkzpFEob1vrtjq6o1_1280.png
  2. tumblr_onjkzpFEob1vrtjq6o2_540.png
  1. Loving the warm palette on this piece. It's a bit darker than the palette I would use but it works for your piece. Making Walani pop out nicely. IT's also great that you left the backgreound without any black lines, which gives a nice balance.
  2. I feel this Wigfrid piece could be added to. I like the pose but it feel incomplete for some reason. MAybe it's due to how detailed she looks. Well, I like it even if you don't add anything to this.
9 hours ago, walani said:
  1. tumblr_onksv7lzFA1vrtjq6o2_r4_1280.png
  2. tumblr_onksv7lzFA1vrtjq6o1_r2_500.pngi like to think wigfrid has awful spit spray every time she even speaks screams.
  1. Haven't seen this ship explored. Nice try going for it.
  2. I wouldn't be surprised that it's due to the gap in Wigfrid's teeth.:wilson_ecstatic:
  • Like 3

On 1/31/2018 at 3:14 PM, minespatch said:

Boy, it has been a while! Welcome back!

These new drawings look organic. I can recognize Willow but Wendy kind of looks like she has Wigfrid's face. They're both great.:wilson_smile:

thanks! and hehe it was a while ago i drew those. if i remember correctly i think that was supposed to be my interpretation of abigail..?

On 2/2/2018 at 2:47 AM, Raspberry Milk said:

These look a bit... pixelated, maybe it's because they haven't been coloured yet. 

i drew em in mspaint thats probably why lol

tumblr_p3x9bwpFhP1vrtjq6o1_1280.png

more of my favorite shippppp

• Like 6
  • Haha 1