Anyone still using the fridge?

9 minutes ago, ShamPeiN said:

who told you need to power it? its half the size of a ration box. place fridge in ice/vacuum

I haven't tried in Thermal Upgrade, but before that duplicants refused to put things inside unpowered fridges.

I find it interesting that so many people are obsessed with a vacuum when CO2 works just as well regardless of it's temperature. Which is what bothers me with this system - 200°C CO2? Nah, no problem, it is sterile, the food will be okay indefinitely.

11 minutes ago, Vilda said:

I find it interesting that so many people are obsessed with a vacuum when CO2 works just as well regardless of it's temperature. Which is what bothers me with this system - 200°C CO2? Nah, no problem, it is sterile, the food will be okay indefinitely.

im just lazy, abusing the  bug . still i live  off buried objects until i decide my vacuum boxes position.

20000kg ice wont cool that ration boxes

14 minutes ago, ShamPeiN said:

20000kg ice wont cool that ration boxes

But that is the point you don't need the cold at all, sterile atmosphere is enough by itself. Aka CO2, Hydrogen, Chlorine out of regular gases.

11 minutes ago, Vilda said:

But that is the point you don't need the cold at all, sterile atmosphere is enough by itself. Aka CO2, Hydrogen, Chlorine out of regular gases.

Amusing that rock gas (gaseous magma) is sterile as well.

Steam also sterilizes but water allows rots.

2 hours ago, Ghosticus said:

I always spawn with an ice biome in view. Don't see the point off wasting power when i have a natural freezer.

i still use it.

it's neat to have a freezer and design a place like a canteen with kitchen and stuff.

giving the dupe a chance to live in a place of more human-like condition :p

dupe live matter

3 hours ago, bzgzd said:

Vacuum supermarket style:
JIlghVg.png

Use this one to complete the setup:

I personally prefer the CO2 approach, as low temp delays spoilage but CO2 stops it completely.

I would like that items in cold environments had a nice delay in spoilage (the way it is right now) and sterile environments have the same treat instead of stopping spoilage, I would also like that fridges halve spoilage and completely stop it if you freeze food, that would need to be defrost to be edible.

They actually both modify the spoilage rate in the same way.
Though there appears to be a bug with the refrigeration modifier. Typo likely.

if (this.UnrefrigeratedModifier.Value != 0f && this.ContaminatedAtmosphere.Value != 0.5f)
{
	this.RotAmountInstance.deltaAttribute.Add("UnrefrigeratedModifier", this.UnrefrigeratedModifier);
}
if (this.ContaminatedAtmosphere.Value != 0f && this.ContaminatedAtmosphere.Value != 0.5f)
{
	this.RotAmountInstance.deltaAttribute.Add("ContaminatedAtmosphere", this.ContaminatedAtmosphere);
}

Either way they both need to be dealt with to stop spoilage.

Actually looking at it again, it would appear that CO2 is
incorrectly deactivating the UnrefrigeratedModifier.

When the temperature is bad it has -0.5 and a sterile atmosphere is 0.5.
Because of the sterilization it can't apply the -0.5.

2 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

I assume all unbreathable gasses are sterile.

A random assortment of elements have an atmosphere quality assigned. Everything excluded is considered the same quality that oxygen would get.

Only contaminated oxygen and phosphorous gas get the "Contaminating" quality.

All other gases excluding iron gas, mercury gas, tungsten gas, and carbon gas are sterile. Those aren't listed.

10 minutes ago, Risu said:

A random assortment of elements have an atmosphere quality assigned. Everything excluded is considered the same quality that oxygen would get.

Only contaminated oxygen and phosphorous gas get the "Contaminating" quality.

All other gases excluding iron gas, mercury gas, tungsten gas, and carbon gas are sterile. Those aren't listed.

Okay that is the most confusing set of words put together.

You are saying that everything but iron gas, mercury gas, tungsten gas, carbon gas, and oxygen gas are sterile?

Also, contaminated oxygen and phosphorous gas have the special contaminating quality so storing food under them will always rot, regardless of temperature.

9 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

Okay that is the most confusing set of words put together.

You are saying that everything but iron gas, mercury gas, tungsten gas, carbon gas, and oxygen gas are sterile?

Also, contaminated oxygen and phosphorous gas have the special contaminating quality so storing food under them will always rot, regardless of temperature.

Well oxygen and water are Normal but yes.
Normal is 0, Contaminating is -0.5, and Sterilizing is 0.5.

Somewhat confusing but that's kinda how the game is now.

As it's unlikely they would allow rot to be removed by sterilization I guess the point of having 0.5 is to cancel out the temperature modifier, somehow. Otherwise there should be no advantage of it.
They kinda are doing this now but it looks very much like a hack or bug.

17 hours ago, Risu said:

They actually both modify the spoilage rate in the same way.
Though there appears to be a bug with the refrigeration modifier. Typo likely.

if (this.UnrefrigeratedModifier.Value != 0f && this.ContaminatedAtmosphere.Value != 0.5f)
{
	this.RotAmountInstance.deltaAttribute.Add("UnrefrigeratedModifier", this.UnrefrigeratedModifier);
}
if (this.ContaminatedAtmosphere.Value != 0f && this.ContaminatedAtmosphere.Value != 0.5f)
{
	this.RotAmountInstance.deltaAttribute.Add("ContaminatedAtmosphere", this.ContaminatedAtmosphere);
}

Either way they both need to be dealt with to stop spoilage.

Actually looking at it again, it would appear that CO2 is
incorrectly deactivating the UnrefrigeratedModifier.

When the temperature is bad it has -0.5 and a sterile atmosphere is 0.5.
Because of the sterilization it can't apply the -0.5.

Took me a while to understand it, I even had to make a table to see how the possible values interact, and to me it seems that the first if statement is a copy paste of the second. The first condition should only check whether is refrigerated or not.
Deleting "&& this.ContaminatedAtmosphere.Value != 0.5f" should make it work as intended: Completely stopping spoilage occurs only if food is in a sterile and cold environment.

4 minutes ago, Octyabr said:

Took me a while to understand it, I even had to make a table to see how the possible values interact, and to me it seems that the first if statement is a copy paste of the second. The first condition should only check whether is refrigerated or not.
Deleting "&& this.ContaminatedAtmosphere.Value != 0.5f" should make it work as intended: Completely stopping spoilage occurs only if food is in a sterile and cold environment.

Except there being a 0 has same effect as 0.5 so being in oxygen is just as good as CO2 to prevent contamination.

Oh my! you are right, I just short-circuited Sterile = Not Contaminated which is half true...

Well, since it doesn't work as intended, better do a bug (exploit?) report about it using your findings if you don't mind.

Archived