Showcase for tidy bases

8 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Looks amazing, but don't you get a lot of lag with those walls?

Well, with 800 days in and having parks, tentacles everywhere with lots of stingers lying around, beefalo population exploding, I have lags everywhere. I even moved my base a bit north further away from all this stuff but yeah, didn't make a real difference as it seems. Anyway I'm much happier with this base now and I don't mind a bit of lag and if it gets too much before a boss fight I just relog and it's fine for a while.

:wilson_flower:

On 4/4/2017 at 0:32 AM, Alucardx said:

Finally 1000 days. 

I will do a base tour soon to show my base and I will love to see what you guys think and what suggestions you have.1000 DAYS BASE.png

This reminds me so much of helicalpuma's base down to so many details. It reminds me of my base too because I got ideas from his videos :D

15 minutes ago, WiggyWolf said:

This reminds me so much of helicalpuma's base down to so many details. It reminds me of my base too because I got ideas from his videos :D

What if he actually is Helicalpuma?

7 minutes ago, disies said:

@xxVERSUSxy Very nice! Thanks again for showing your progress!

What is that rug like thing in front of the meat effigy? It looks like it's covering tentacle spikes. Which mod is it from?

Danke!

Regarding the... Tentacle Spikes beside Meat Effigy? They are just spikes placed really close to one-another (I'm kinda obsessed with order :rolleyes:) on a regular Carpeted Flooring/turf. If I remember well, the mods I've used on that server were Miniature Dwellings, Storeroom, Path Lights, and Magic Bottle Lanterns (last 2 mostly to bring a more aesthetical feeling to base - and the effect shows best at dusk).

On 2017-3-25 at 10:54 AM, disies said:

Show me some screenshots of your base with as few items lying on the ground as possible.

What is the meaning of "few items lying around"?219740_screenshots_20161227232026_1.jpg

I keep tools outside chests so I dont have to look for them when I need em constantly or in case of emergencies like the earlier spawning of bosses. But they are organized by type: resource tools, clothes, weapons and armor.

40 minutes ago, DelroyBM said:

What is the meaning of "few items lying around"?219740_screenshots_20161227232026_1.jpg

I keep tools outside chests so I dont have to look for them when I need em constantly or in case of emergencies like the earlier spawning of bosses. But they are organized by type: resource tools, clothes, weapons and armor.

You can have items lying around AND make it tidy by placing them very close together and also make it look nice and less like you just dropped somewhere.

Some parts that I really liked from my last gameplay on my own server

I like to imagine stories while building, this one was to be an old house in the middle of some dark forest.

The entrance:

20170505164810_1.jpg

The kitchen:

20170415144748_1.jpg

The main room with a little part of the backyard:

20170415144717_1.jpg

The bedroom:

20170415144839_1.jpg

The warehouse:

20170505164946_1.jpg

The cemetery:

20170505164907_1.jpg

Now kinda normal stuff haha.

Rabbito's and porquito's villages:

20170505164642_1.jpg

20170505164751_1.jpg

The garden. There must be always a garden in my gameplays haha (stopped planting mushrooms, I always forget to collect then before winter :c )

20170505164834_1.jpg 

And a vacation home that I decided to build because flingos are very annoying... Without an Alchemy Engine or Shadow Manipulator (I know all the usefull recipes already anyway), but just to give the "no work" or "vacation" feeling during summer c:

20170504104505_1.jpg20170506174643_1.jpg

On 2017-5-24 at 2:49 AM, WiggyWolf said:

Yep you are right :).  for me he is one of the best DST youtuber.

14 hours ago, Destros09 said:

But what if you need a emergency green moonlense

(because if you have that prototyped your insane)

You only prototype the cratered moonrock.  Placing the gem in afterward doesn't require any special knowledge.

A preview (work in progress) of my latest Sunken Forest main base from "Stuff 'n' Things 3" personal server (14.06.2017):

stuff_n_things-3_core_base

And yeah, modsMore Sculptures, Storeroom, and Path Lights to be precise; because I like to see my buildings and placements all the time, it's soothing - even more so as I've permanently based in caves, build more compact (not N+M chests though skinned ones are pleasing for the eye) plus yeey statues! (who doesn't like more statues?! :rolleyes:)

My general area, storage and gathering / farming presents. My favorite of this is my little boss area, the tree has their ornaments as well. There's usually a tent up top but it just ran out so just imagine there's a tent there. My closet is so full because of the hats I get out of the presents, I don't use most of them. 

20170618180727_1.jpg

20170618180801_1.jpg

This is of course just decoration, but it makes me happy. :p You can see a tiny bit of my bees up top, I built a pig village to the right of them (pig skin farming) and the whole right of this is bunny vs spider. Have two nests planted and over 20 bunnies.

I don't know btw if this is a bug or not, but tree stumps as decoration, the birchnut ones work, but the pinecone ones disappear when I log back in? Strange. 

20170618180828_1.jpg

And this is where I deal with hounds. 

20170618181104_1.jpg

Archived