Showcase for tidy bases

@xxVERSUSxy I see. Very nice. You have my respect for that. I always have troubles during my first autumn because I like safety, I hate surprises and pressure, so I try to get as many hounds teeth as possible to start my trap field. However doing this takes a lot of time and then I'm in a hurry to collect resources for the following winter. It's terrible. :D In my current Wicker world I set the autumn on "long" to actually avoid all this stress. So I really admire you for starting in a new world over and over again. Especially with all this progress you guys made. I hope you keep posting your new stuff as well. I'm always eager to see more.. : )

btw I'm jealous of your green oasis. Mine is blank and boring, no trees, only succulents ._.

@Arlesienne Thank you for all those links! Very nice stuff there. I love the walls. I don't know why but I hate adding new stuff in my game. Argh. I only use status mods and the animal variety. BUT THOSE WALLS. <3

@Kittydub Thank you for the link (Arlesienne also linked it) I guess I will definitely use this one. Great! Then I can show my park properly : )

17 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I never remember seeing heart, star and candy cane shaped balloons in the vanilla game.

We can call @thesquirrelking1310, I bet! He was playing Wes and graciously eating ice cream to spam these beautiful balloons.

22 hours ago, disies said:

@xxVERSUSxy I see. Very nice. You have my respect for that. I always have troubles during my first autumn because I like safety, I hate surprises and pressure, so I try to get as many hounds teeth as possible to start my trap field. However doing this takes a lot of time and then I'm in a hurry to collect resources for the following winter. It's terrible. :D In my current Wicker world I set the autumn on "long" to actually avoid all this stress. So I really admire you for starting in a new world over and over again. Especially with all this progress you guys made. I hope you keep posting your new stuff as well. I'm always eager to see more.. : )

btw I'm jealous of your green oasis. Mine is blank and boring, no trees, only succulents ._.

@Arlesienne Thank you for all those links! Very nice stuff there. I love the walls. I don't know why but I hate adding new stuff in my game. Argh. I only use status mods and the animal variety. BUT THOSE WALLS. <3

@Kittydub Thank you for the link (Arlesienne also linked it) I guess I will definitely use this one. Great! Then I can show my park properly : )

Did you see the tentacle ones? The tentacle ones are the best. We just need to get Wickerbottom to visit since I hate killing tentacles. They are too rare and strong for distracting mobs.

17 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I never remember seeing heart, star and candy cane shaped balloons in the vanilla game.

Pretty sure they are part of Defaults Festive Mod, you can change the Pile of Balloons with that mod into a festive one. 

Hi everyone, yesterday i found out that by pressing E or Q just once the world looks a lot better o_o" I always hated creating bases because something didn't feel right... I wonder why don't they just turn the main camera so that it always displays the screen like that

On 24.04.2017 at 1:39 AM, Arlesienne said:

Maybe I can help? If it lags, just use c_spawn("wolfgang_statue"). Gather the marble needed and voila.

Actually this way you'll only spawn Wolfgang Statue Base (which can be upgraded only by Wolfgang himself).

To spawn finished statue do:

local p = c_spawn"wolfgang_statue" p.components.upgradeable:SetStage(6)

Hats can be put on him/retrieved by anyone, though!

55 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

Pretty sure they are part of Defaults Festive Mod, you can change the Pile of Balloons with that mod into a festive one. 

Yup!

1 hour ago, Arlesienne said:

Did you see the tentacle ones? The tentacle ones are the best. We just need to get Wickerbottom to visit since I hate killing tentacles. They are too rare and strong for distracting mobs.

I did. Very expensive! Recipe: 6 x tentacle spots, 6 x cut stone (prestihatitator)

During weekend I used Deerclops to kill tentacles for me in the swamp. I got four spots out of it. So this can actually take a while. It's a nice challenge though to collect so many spots since I also hate tentacles. :s

1 hour ago, Onetel21 said:

Hi everyone, yesterday i found out that by pressing E or Q just once the world looks a lot better o_o" I always hated creating bases because something didn't feel right... I wonder why don't they just turn the main camera so that it always displays the screen like that

You mean rotating your camera? That's useful. When I spawn I have to rotate it once so my base is in the right angle and everything.

25 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Actually this way you'll only spawn Wolfgang Statue Base (which can be upgraded only by Wolfgang himself).

To spawn finished statue do:

local p = c_spawn"wolfgang_statue" p.components.upgradeable:SetStage(6)

Hats can be put on him/retrieved by anyone, though!

So they are actually in the game files or am I missing something?

5 minutes ago, Jurgens said:

thank you very much, another question if you don't mind.

How do you put those x-mas stuff, i can't craft them?

I am playing with Winter Feast Event turned on, it's something you can do when you generate your world. 

8 minutes ago, Bunions said:

For the water fountain that @arlesienne linked from the thrist mod the prefab is: des_charlie_fountian.

Here is the current iteration of the setpeice when it spawns by itself as part of the mod:

unknown.png

You made the art? Impressive!

Thanks for the compliment.

The setpeice sometimes spawns wonkier than others and we are still tuning it but overall it does what we want more often than not now.

If anyone is a pro at using Tiled please let me know so I can bother you about how to perfect things.

The Thirst mod itself also still has at least one large update we will release in the future as there are still some features that remain to get into the mod.

11 hours ago, Bunions said:

For the water fountain that @Arlesienne linked from the thrist mod the prefab is: des_charlie_fountian.

I really like the visuals of the fountain! Any chance you could make it as a separate mod that makes it a craftable structure? The looks are amazing and I'm all about beautiful visuals for my gardens! :)

Your artstyle is extremelly fitting in the dst universe, so let us know if you have any other structures (even for looks) that can be used for decoration in the game.

Thanks.

I don't think I will be doing a cosmetics mod since I like functional stuff, and unfortunately for some I am all about the difficulty / pvp angles of the game. I don't do code anyhow, I am just the art dept side of our Mod team.

From  the same mod:

PVQeE7T.png

Same thing tho its meant to be a functional aspect of game play. Looking back on it I wish I had done more work on it but nowadays my time is much more limited. I may go back and fix things up now that I understand the DST style better tho.

I could do better now I feel, but then again I like to hide behind the fact that I don't have a stylus and draw with a mouse, that doesn't stop great artists like <deafult> tho!

8 hours ago, t1morino88eex said:

I really like the visuals of the fountain! Any chance you could make it as a separate mod that makes it a craftable structure?

I would also fancy a purely cosmetic mod that reunites all statues presented here (and maybe more?!) - aka Charlie's Fountian, Wolfgang Statue, (a Woodie statue as well, hehe? :D ), More Sculptures etc - in a small/simple package. And I think many fans of vanilla game play (as functionality goes) would love these little visual gems as they are really pleasing for the eye without affecting the game mechanics.
Btw: congrats on the good work for said mods to all of you involved, cheers!

20170430152545_1.jpg

zoomed out screenshot of my park.

and btw:

Spoiler

It took me several days to move the glass sculptures from my desert to my home base. My dear Peter left a poop trail across the map. I've counted around 25. Good job bud <3

20170430152858_1.jpg

43 minutes ago, disies said:

20170430152545_1.jpg

zoomed out screenshot of my park.

This is awesome! I love the lining with the trees that you made. I'm totally going to steal that, no shame. :p Nice rabbitcage as well! [lowkey stealing that too]

10 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

My solo base is nothing special, but worth posting because, inspired by @disies, I used all that excess flint to make some edging on my flower garden. Also, I am pretty pleased with the Moon Terrace.

solo base.png

Nice!

I'm glad you find inspiration here. Thanks for posting. I hope you keep us updated if you add some more to your base.. : )

Archived