Discussing the ENTIRE tech tree (official techs, lots of techs on hold)

Topicant  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve organizing the tech tree in this matter?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral/Indifferent
  2. 2. Do you want there to be techs to study?

• Hell ya!
    • yes.
    • Neutral/Inddifferent
    • no.
    • Screw Research.
  3. 3. Was this topic helpful?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral/Indifferent

This is a suggestion to coordinate all the tech ideas out there, brainstorming them and progressing their developments.
One law - Only develop based on techs that have been added/approved

Farming Tech ---> Fine Dining

Gas Piping ---> Temperature Modulation + Pressure Management
Temp Mod ---> Insulation

Liquid Piping ---> Sanitation Sciences + Percolation
San Sciences ---> Medical bays
Percolation ---> Advanced Filtration

Power Regulation ---> Combustion

Interior Design ---> {nothing here}

My Ideas:

Farming Tech ---> Ecology
Fine Dining ---> Horticulture
Pressure Management ---> Compressors
Interior Design ---> Exterior Design
Combustion ---> Industry
Insulation ---> Thermodynamics
Pressure Management + Advanced Filtration ---> Quarantine
Medical Bays ---> Surgeons
Advanced Filtration ---> Hyperbolic Chambers

The Category Conditions:

Thermodynamics, Quarantine, and Hyperbolic Chambers needs the lab from Compressors.

Other Ideas:

Quite a lot of future ideas for techs, but nobody is working on getting the present ideas approved. Looks like I need to report this situation to the officials now, it's a serious matter.

17 minutes ago, Yokhen said:

Rideable zombies and dinosaurs. MUST.

Domestification... no matter the path that takes. !! That's definitely the next step after my Biosphere Modulator technology.
While your idea is great, at least partially, it would take quite a few techs to reach that stage, and noticing the picture on the main game scene, I would think that the mods/admins probably will not add such. But how would I know?

Still not seeing the link from dining to biosphere. Think the progression should continue into a higher tier of food management and atmosphere management should go somewhere else (like with the rest of gas management).

13 minutes ago, alcurad90 said:

Delete the tech tree, it‘s totally useless for such a long term game

Tell that to all the people that use the tech tree. I know quite a few people that want advanced features. Yokhen as an example, or some people talking about a nuclear reactor on the advanced stages.

This is used to confirm approved technologies, or those who are down the next branch after official approvals.

1 hour ago, Developous said:

Tell that to all the people that use the tech tree. I know quite a few people that want advanced features. Yokhen as an example, or some people talking about a nuclear reactor on the advanced stages.

This is used to confirm approved technologies, or those who are down the next branch after official approvals.

Basically you can finish all the researches in around 20-40 cycles, while most people would play for more than 100 cycles, and it's quite boring that you have do 40 cycles research everytime you start a new game

High tech can be unlocked by meterials faraway from the base, like what bleach stones do, as how it works in Don't Starve

2 hours ago, alcurad90 said:

Basically you can finish all the researches in around 20-40 cycles, while most people would play for more than 100 cycles, and it's quite boring that you have do 40 cycles research everytime you start a new game

High tech can be unlocked by meterials faraway from the base, like what bleach stones do, as how it works in Don't Starve

My interpretation is that Devs will create more Tech Tree Branches like for example ecology and compressors. This will make the end result of the gameplay longer and more complex, which i really like. So, my conclusion is that deleting the Tech Tree only makes the game poorer. And since it's only in Alpha now it'd be to over hasted to say they should delete the entire tech tree.

4 minutes ago, Xerhion said:

My interpretation is that Devs will create more Tech Tree Branches like for example ecology and compressors. This will make the end result of the gameplay longer and more complex, which i really like. So, my conclusion is that deleting the Tech Tree only makes the game poorer. And since it's only in Alpha now it'd be to over hasted to say they should delete the entire tech tree.

Nope, select a dupe with 5 learning and keep him with enough dirt, water and food then wait for 40 cycles has no fun at all.

The game would better encourage the player to build something grand and useful (like a cooling tower of water boiler), not use a tech-tree and said:"you have to wait until I give you the magic device."

It's rarely a good idea to have just a sandbox. Those techs add a good challenge to the game, giving players some serious potentials for advancement. I'm a progressive, and science is a passion for me. Besides, who says that you have an interest in the tech tree? That's YOUR decision.

I endorse having a tech tree.  As for the suggestions mentioned throughout these thread, I'm mostly for them.  The primary components of technology for me would be (no particular order):

• Luxury
  • Hygene
  • Gas Management
  • Liquid Management
  • Power (generation / storage / distribution)
  • Manufacturing (Textile / Research / others)

There is one in the game. I don't play, but watch the videos. It doesn't last long, but it's very interesting to me. The personal ideas are mine, and the ones above that are the ones already implemented. You can also suggest additions to them here as well.

With all the future tech ideas, this policy is becoming a situation. Until those ideas have been streamlined and approved, I think we're on a serious standstill for the present technologies.

What use are future techs If we don't get these techs approved first? So, now's the time to get officials to look at them!

in tropico they had "future x", giving free building, money, happiness, relations

so research points could be a currency 

for example pay for printing dupe, get half back if rejected

increase expectations and skills of new dupes

choose a preferred trait, choose one to disable

ofc each time exponentially higher price

upgrade buildings capacity/speed

allow better tools maybe transport methods 

Archived