Need Help With Steam Generator

I had this really crappy world with barely any algae or water, so I'd take my first shot at figuring out how to make a steam generator. After close to 100 Cycles and many hardships I completed everything and fired it up, but I didn't see anything happening. How long does it usually take until you know it works?

When I did turn it on the gas pump turned the room into a vacuum. Is that suppose to happen?

Does this design even work? From what I seen in videos it seems correct. I have the a minute amount of contaminated water trickling in. The pic shows the lowest that I can set the water value without hitting zero. It slider is way too sensitive to get it any lower.

Ignore that one Insulation Tile missing I had to go back in and fix some plumbing and repair 3 broken batteries.

If wrong, please, give picture examples of what's correct.

Thanx!

TU-SteamGenerator.jpg

Pretty much. There are lots of people putting lots of work and hours into developing cool end-game systems and strategies, but a lot of it gets invalidated every time there is a large update, so for me at least there isn't much point in trying to push the envelope until the game has a stable balanced release.

3 hours ago, vonVile said:

All that work for nothing. :(

yes ... Of course will be nothing happen , im trying helping with my poor English 

make it example our Sun where they heat go ? still there and transfer by "solar heat ray"

so what you do in the game its wrong you make vacuum room its will make more worse because heat not transfer Battery its self product more more heat and become overheat ^^

you need place where the heat consume in this game ? placing and rebuild Tile ( i think ) or wheeze or cooling fan or use water easy way transfer the heat 

3 hours ago, Curo said:

Pretty much. There are lots of people putting lots of work and hours into developing cool end-game systems and strategies, but a lot of it gets invalidated every time there is a large update, so for me at least there isn't much point in trying to push the envelope until the game has a stable balanced release.

The point is that it is fun to try and it kills a few hours? Isn't that the point of any game?

13 hours ago, Saturnus said:

The point is that it is fun to try and it kills a few hours? Isn't that the point of any game?

Sure, I can see it that way. I even catch myself falling into the trap of trying to master the game, when I know it's going to change. I guess if you put in enough hours, you need to do these things in order to make progress.

Archived