[Game Update] (Preview Branch)- 211197

• Developer
  • Incapacitated Dupes who die because no one rescued them should no longer cause a crash
  • Plants should not die as frequently from overheating while in Planter Boxes
  • Reed Fiber should now properly merge into one object when two or more land on the same tile
  • The load screen should no longer crash for people who have really old corrupt save files
  • Using/Emitting status items on the Algae Distillery, Fertilizer Maker and Compost buildings should now display correctly
  • Clothing should no longer disappear when Dupes move around
  • Trying to pick up a piece of ice that has just melted should no longer crash
  • Fixed some temperature/liquid simulation crashes
  • Fertilizer has been tuned further
  • Dupes should no longer deliver infinite water to the Microbe Musher or the Super Computer

View full update

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

I'd say.

x3.6 higher output
1 Fert Maker now enough to refine lavatory output for precisely 8 dupes

Yay, so the four running now should aftually put a dent to my poluted water levels :) Though that tank over whole screen would last me for a while

Just now, Vilda said:

Yay, so the four running now should aftually put a dent to my poluted water levels :) Though that tank over whole screen would last me for a while

Throughput isn't increased much. Only 25%. But output is massively increased.

It's nice to see frequent updates but I was hoping for more than fixing stuff made wrong the previous patch and/or rare bugs.

Piping doesnt work well, only when having a single pipe from point A to B...

Material highlights and Compactor not fixed ?

12 minutes ago, PickPay said:

Material highlights and Compactor not fixed ?

If you mean how you had to click All twice on the compactor to get it to respond. That is fixed.

Edit: OK I rushed in too quick. It just happened again but it's not happening all the time.

Edit 2: Now I can't get it to happen lol. I give up see what you think.

Edited by Moggles
I lied
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beowulfe said:

I haven't had any problems with piping, what kind of issues are you running into?

Dunno if I should carry on here but to answer your question at this point the Water Purifier broke, it wasn't taking any more water in I had to deconstruct it and pipes as well.

I had another issue with the Fertilizer Maker that would block the polluted water coming out from the Air Scrubber going to the Purifier. I had to disconnect the F.M. (can be seen at the bottom of my screenshot)

These are just 2 of the issues I ran into in the last hour.

20170323181537_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, PickPay said:

Dunno if I should carry on here but to answer your question at this point the Water Purifier broke, it wasn't taking any more water in I had to deconstruct it and pipes as well.

I had another issue with the Fertilizer Maker that would block the polluted water coming out from the Air Scrubber going to the Purifier. I had to disconnect the F.M. (can be seen at the bottom of my screenshot)

These are just 2 of the issues I ran into in the last hour.

20170323181537_1.jpg

swap one of each shower bathroom position have 2 draining lines for each new pair and let them drain into the tank separately. the 2 filters can be run off the same intake pump with no issues

I used to have the 2 showers + 2 lavatories hooked up directly to the Fertilizer Maker but since they nerfed it to practically useless I disabled it.

Now with the latest patch I might try that again.

My point is why have to drain water in a tank and not send it directly to consuming devices ?
I wish the piping would be more flexible...

Has Oxylite been changed? This is after one cycle. Concentration is averaging 300 grams oxygen the rest is CO2.

It used to pump out enough oxygen to sustain a few cycles.

Edit: I switched back to the main branch on Steam to do a comparison. Screenshot attached.

oxylite.png

oxilite2.png

Edited by Moggles
Adding similar scenario from the main branch to show the difference

Are you sure this shouldn't be moved to standard yet?  I think this is more stable than the normal at this point.  The only real downside to playing thermal update is that it's a lot easier. Mainly because not so many things are broken...

20 minutes ago, PickPay said:

I used to have the 2 showers + 2 lavatories hooked up directly to the Fertilizer Maker but since they nerfed it to practically useless I disabled it.

Now with the latest patch I might try that again.

My point is why have to drain water in a tank and not send it directly to consuming devices ?
I wish the piping would be more flexible...

the pipes only hold so much pressure you could add the fertilizer thing in the old set up but as a branch off the main drain line. if its the end point it will stop flow when its full and working on its payload its just not a device meant to handle the volume your pumping into it

This was an issue both before and after the patch, but anyone else have issues with dupes completely ignoring requests to change valve levels? So far I can't reliably repro it or fix it, but somewhere along the line, if I try to change one, it happens. Sometimes shutting the game down will fix it; other times I have to actually deconstruct the stupid thing and reconstruct it, and even then, the request to set the valve setting doesn't always work.

I've observed similar "this just isn't going to work anymore" behavior with alleged broken buildings that aren't broken and/or can't be repaired, gas pumps or other machines that simply stop working for no reason (restart usually fixes it), etc.