[Game Update] - (BETA) 211169

• Developer
  • Odd Skeleton can now be reanimated next to the Ancient Gateway in the Atrium, triggering a boss fight.  (Please note that the loot table is temporary, and will be completed in a later update.)
  • Flowers planted by players will no longer grow back after being picked.
  • Fixed bug where burnt Flowers would not grow back over time.
  • Fixed bug with Fence placement controls.
  • Fixed bug where Antlion may respawn in the same Summer after being killed if it rains.
  • Physics optimization for recently placed structures.

View full update

• Like 28

I'm confused. What does that mean? Was there a bug that made it so if you picked a flower you previously planted with a butterfly, another flower would pop up at the same spot? 

17 minutes ago, Vixrotre said:

I'm confused. What does that mean? Was there a bug that made it so if you picked a flower you previously planted with a butterfly, another flower would pop up at the same spot? 

Pretty sure this is a nerf

18 minutes ago, Vixrotre said:

If a player planted a flower then it was considered in the world regrowth, causing a potential bad thing to happen when a player replanted and picked a flower in the same spot repeatedly.

It would cause severe server performance issues.

World regrowth has a bit of a complicated picking area, but the general thing is that worldgen created flowers will respawn within a radius around it provided it can under the omitted circumstances.

• Like 6

Cool thing about the boss is, it talks. The portal gets reactivated from the boss fight and the boss keeps talking about ominous invaders while shadows try to force open the portal. I'd tell more but currently I can't actually kill the boss, it has some weird shadow shield around it and I can't break through. Maybe bugged boss, not sure if I'm just suppose to have something to break through it.

Ancient Fuelweaver (Control / Gate / Shield / Spike / Taunt + Battlecry Strings)

Spoiler

stalker_atrium_control.gif stalker_atrium_gate.gif stalker_atrium_shield.gif stalker_atrium_spike.gif stalker_atrium_taunt.gif

Battlecry Strings:

STALKER_ATRIUM_BATTLECRY = 
    {
        "A pity.",
        "You will not suffer.",
        "It must be this way.",
        "My world... threadbare.",
        "My city... in tatters...",
        "This will be quick.",
        "How we've fallen."
    },
    STALKER_ATRIUM_PLAYER_BATTLECRY =
    {
        "You will fall as we did.",
        "This is for the best.",
        "You will be unraveled.",
        "They are coming. It cannot be stopped.",
        "This world's fabric is frayed and torn.",
        "They are unfathomable.",
        "I will save you."
    },

Woven Shadow (Eaten / Hit / Idle / Spawn / Walk)

Spoiler

stalker_minion_eaten.gif stalker_minion_hit.gif stalker_minion_idle.gif stalker_minion_spawn.gif stalker_minion_walk.gif

stalker_minion2_eaten.gif stalker_minion2_hit.gif stalker_minion2_idle.gif stalker_minion2_spawn.gif stalker_minion2_walk.gif

Unseen Hand (Appear / Disappear / Idle)

Spoiler

shadow_channeler_appear.gif shadow_channeler_disappear.gif shadow_channeler_idle.gif

Fossil Cage (Appear / Impact)

Spoiler

fossil_spike2_appear.gif fossil_spike2_impact.gif

Shadow Shield

Spoiler

stalker_shield.gif stalker_shield2.gif stalker_shield3.gif

Atrium Floor

Spoiler

atrium_floor.png

Ancient Gateway - New Animations (Cooldown / Pulse)

Spoiler

atrium_gate_cooldown.gif atrium_gate_overloadpulse.gif 

EDIT:  Whoops... missed a few animations:

Ancient Fuelweaver (Death)

Spoiler

stalker_atrium_death.gif

Shadow Mind Control (Appear / Disappear / SFX)

Spoiler

mind_control_appear.gif mind_control_disappear.gif phd_mind_control_fx.gif

Edited by Instant-Noodles
  • Like 27

Holeh shizzles

The boss is UNKILLABLE.

It only will die when a certain amount of time has past and the key flies out of socket. The Skeleton will then crumble to the ground.

Edit: When insane, nightmare hands will appear which give him the sheild. Killing these will allow you to kill the skeleton.

Edited by Master Jand
  • Like 10

Actually figured it out, you have to fight the boss in nightmare mode. When you go insane you'll see hands pop up that are giving him a shield. You kill the hands and the small shadow bugs that he eats to regen his health and then you kill him. It's a two man job, or just a heavily modded 1 man job. Only thing is when you're insane he can fill the screen with shadow hands to slow you down and immobilize you.

Also, not entirely sure, but I think killing the boss and the portal "explosion" may reset the ruins. I didn't change anything in the ruins, I just jumped in and fought the boss, so someone test that. After fighting the boss, the portal keeps pulsing with energy and you can't put an ancient key back into it. This is either waiting for another key to fully open the portal, since the area isn't done yet, or this is the reset timer on the ruins reset. Again, not sure, someone's gonna have to either code-dig or test this stuff out. I just jump in and make a mess trying to have some fun.

EDIT: Just went back through the ruins, it reset the atrium chests so I guess the entire ruins was reset. So I assume the portal is on "cooldown" since Maxwell just examined it and said "best not overuse this power." Not sure what else they have planned for the doorway, but I hope it's some brand new cool dimension, since on stream they said "It's a doorway, so it will go someplace new."

Edited by Escaped
  • Like 10