Two art posts in less than 24 hours? Wowie!!

Don't worry, I'm not gonna plague you with shipping art this time -u-; (though I do have something planned so if you do like shippy stuff... wait for it ;) )

Liam:

liam___oxygen_not_included_by_dragonmage

Finally finished this piece from the ONI draw-along steam last year. Unlike the DS sketches however, I actually went through to colour on this one.

Space Pets:

space_pets_by_dragonmage156-dc1wwki.jpg

Cleaned up my Puplin and Ket designs. Decided not to colour it though cos who knows what kind of patterns these alien pets have (also I had no idea what colours to use XD )

• Like 2

20180201_121617.jpg

20180205_081735.jpg

Later (shippy one-shot that even I'm not sure about ^^; ) ...

Spoiler

Whiskers sat on his pipe, perplexed at the earlier event. He hadn’t licked himself or eaten rats for a while so where did this furball come from?

He tried to recollect any event within the last couple cycles…

2 Cycles ago:

He chased a puft around again out of boredom and spent the rest of the day wondering why he didn’t hang out with people instead. Later that night he dreamt about challenging some giant eldritch horror. He woke up from that dream to save himself possibly witnessing his own death.

“Well that can’t be it”

1 Cycle ago:

Met Barry that read his mind like an open book and then later climbed up on a pipe to brood about it.

“I don’t remember much else happening that day-”

Later that night, felt cold and lonely in his bed…

“Oh…”

Wanting company and shared warmth, he got up from his bed and sneaked over to another dupes room… the only one he really feels comfortable around…

“Ohhh…”

The door opened. “Ria” he whispered. Ria’s head arose drowsily, her face wearing a tired look. Her eyes refused to open anymore then they could manage but she could tell by the voice and the silhouette that it was Whiskers.

“What?” she asked annoyed.

“Well uh…” He scratched his head “It-it sounded like you were having a nightmare and… well… I wanted to come and check on you, eheh…”

It was a lie but Ria was too tired to tell the difference. “Ok” she said. Her head dropped back onto the bed, neck too exhausted to hold it up any longer.

“Uh… I mean… I wanted to know… if it isn’t too invasive… if I could… um… y’know… s-sleep here… t…tonight?”

Ria’s head popped up again, now seeming confused as she was not expecting such a question. “…Huh?”

Whiskers took a deep breath before asking again, this time more straight forward “I wanna sleep here… with you… I mean, cos it’s cold and I thought you could use the extra added warmth”

Ria layed down. “Ok” she said sleepily.

“So is that a yes?” he asked, a hopeful look on his face.

“M-hm” was the only sound she could muster but she didn’t have to tell Whiskers twice. He went up, climbed over her and was now facing her back. He scooted closer but kept his arms to himself.

After a moment of contemplation however, he reluctantly brought his arm up and wrapped it around her. She let out a small calming hum as if the heaters were just turned on. He was glad she didn’t move away. He pulled her in close, his nose now touching her head. His affectionate instincts kicked in and he started nuzzling the back of her head with the occasional scratchy lick. He can’t remember how long it lasted but that was probably enough to cause a furball.

“Whiskers?”

“AHH!” He was pulled from his thoughts by Kate. “Oh it’s just you.”

“You ok?”

“Ofcourse I am! Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Well when I saw you, your face was all red. I wasn’t sure if it was a fever or a thought.”

Whiskers’s eyes widened, his light blush deepening. “I-I’m not blushing!” he turned away, frowning.

Kate just giggled. “There’s no shame in liking someone more than usual. Just make sure they know it before they fall for someone else.”

Whiskers didn’t say anything.

“Anyway, I got to go now. Good to know you didn’t have slimelung or food poisoning” and with that, Kate left. Now he was thinking about what Kate said.

“But what if…?” he whispered to himself, “What if she didn’t like me to begin with?...”

Edited by DragonMage156
Added whiskers to the second pic of Whiskers. Somehow those are the only things I keep forgetting ^^;
  • Haha 2

Made a poll!

20180205_093951.thumb.jpg.7e47dd1eb15b4d38a36efc19c47fe38c.jpg

Made a legit image for this now. What colour should Dino's hair be? I'd like a second opinion on it since I'm unsure (I might be leaning towards black though).

His shirt colour will depend on his hair. Black with make it either green or yellow and green will probably be yellow or blue.

• Like 2

Since no one voted in the poll, I'm not gonna bother with this one. I'm not sure what suit colour I should for Dino however. Yes I know I said his suit colour will depend on his hair but there are two colours I like the look of...

20180208_184911.thumb.jpg.42a4de30a813bcb45bc447248308587e.jpg

Green or yellow? Green... or yellow?thinking.thumb.png.8f4f3597585f7d374fac6a527add1511.png

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ImpactedTooth said:

I like minespatch's two tone hair idea

I like the green suit on him more.

Yeah but then I'd have to use my black pencil. And what part do I make green and what part black? I just want a simple style I can colour relatively quickly. Though I could always try this style later on on a test drawing.

Thanks. I mean there's also blue and red but I don't wanna overuse those colours (red especially). Yellow looks nice but green probably matches his outfit better.

---

Finally got this done. I wanted to upload more of Whiskers's love-struck shenanigans before valentines day.

Spoilered cos no one probably cares about these:

Spoiler

Confession turned Failure

Whiskers walks in a looks around. He sees John sleeping and Bernard doing his thing before noticing them. "Is Nava here?"

Nava: -Walked into the room. Holding coffee.-

Bernard: *Is running some tests on Nick.*

Lettuce: Ohai Nava!

Whiskers seemed nervous for some reason but took a deep breath and proceeded. "H-hey Nava, uh..." he turned to Lettuce and Nick "I know you guys wanna befriend me but can that wait?"

Bernard: Oh, Navarette, if you're looking for John, he's still passed out in the other med room.

Nava: What did I miss...? *He gave a confused look*

Whiskers: I'd like a word in private. Don't worry, it's nothing bad, just asking for some advice.

Bernard: John's passed out because he ate some strange concoction of infected slime covered dusk caps. So he's got some strange variation of food poisoning I'm not familiar with.

(Bernard takes Nick and Lettuce into the back room so Lettuce can show her son how to meditate. and Bernie comes back out in case Whiskers and Nava need him)

Nava: *Pupils went tiny. A little bit rattled at this but he turned his head to Whiskers* Oui?

Bernard: So, what brings you two over to my office?

Wk: I... was kinda hoping to talk to Nava alone.

Bernard: Well, this room, it's all yours, but you'll have to leave if someone needs the room.

Whiskers: Nava, would you consider yourself a love-expert?

Nava: Non, just a man infatuated by the idea. Is there advice you need?

Whiskers: But you're in a really good relationship with the kinda god, I thought maybe you'd know a bit about love and stuff. Well... *he shifted, putting his hands in his pockets* You know about me and Ria, right?

Nava: Oui. It's not really a secret with the way you two act with each other.

Whiskers: Eheh. *He scratches his head, blushing a little* W-well... (sigh) aside from that... *he goes back to his previous pose* We hang out a lot and talk but at the moment, it feels more like friendship than anything more. I was just wondering... where do I go from here?"

Nava: *Slowly raises hand in similarity* Be honest. Don't force. Just say how you both truly feel. Then the awkwardness will end.

Whiskers shrugged. "Never really been awkward but I do sometimes get more nervous around her. She doesn't seem to notice though... or if she does, she keeps to herself. But what if I confess to her and she blows me off and doesn't share those feelings?"

Nava: Just be honest. I had to be kind to John to show him my feelings. *He gave a small smile*

Whiskers: Maybe. Heh can you believe it? Someone like me becoming an emotional rollercoaster? *He chuckled at himself.

Nava brought two fingers to Whisker's lips. "Shhh..."

20180209_190406.thumb.jpg.29e6e4de4c0b2ec220727db62013d561.jpg

"Go to her."

Whiskers blushed, heart beginning to speed up as thoughts of her flooded his mind. After a moment, he nodded. Thanking Nava before leaving the infirmary, looking for Ria.

---

Whiskers went out in search of Ria after a discussion with Nava. Altough Nava claimed he was no love expert, he could see the cat's plight and told him to go confess to the dragon girl who had stolen his heart.

Whiskers peeked around the corner to see Ria, playing with shinebugs without a care in the world.

20180209_190358.thumb.jpg.5cb5d8e8e435fa29d182273fc6b4c57d.jpg

He sighed, hoping his heart and emotions would work for him for once.

"H-hi Ria!" He said as he strode up to her, waving "Funny finding you here."

"Oh, hey Whiskers!" She waved back, smiling.

[Ok this is it, work with me!] "So hey... there's been something I've been meaning to tell you for a while now and..."

"Hm?" She looked at him with curious eyes "What is it?"

"Well... you see... uhm..." he started twiddling his thumbs as if trying to win a war with himself "I... I..." he choked on his words and could barely look her in the eye "I... I... uh... w... w-want to know more about your shinebugs." He mentally facepalmed himself a million times in that moment.

Ria wore a look of confusion that soon evolved into a fit of laughter. "Pfft hahahahaha! Oh you silly furball!" She rubbed his head but he only blushed more. "I know you don't really care about shinebugs, you just want an excuse to hang out with me more!"

"Uh y-yeah, that's it! Haha!" No amount of laughing could cure his current pain.

"Y'know, we really DO need to hang out more often. I hardly see you anymore!"

"Yeah yeah I'll... go and check my schedule!" Whiskers hurried off while Ria stood there shaking her head, chuckling to herself.

However Whiskers didn't have a schedule but he figured he'd need some alone time to collect his thoughts. He sat down in a quiet part if the spaceship where there were no dupes present.

Utter failure...

---

Whiskers was sitting alone, rest his head on his fist while the other hung freely. He seemed bored from a distance but closer up he seemed... sad? Disappointed?

20180209_190529.thumb.jpg.bb56673fec2db0d668f830b517cf9c99.jpg

Nava was heading back from his baby (John). He noticed Whiskers. "What's wrong now?" He asked with confusion.

Whiskers looked up and noticed Nava. "Oh... hi" he waved slowly, lowering his gaze down again. "I went to go find her yesterday an- eheh, she was playing with one of her shinebug friends. I-I was gonna tell her about my feelings but inside I panicked and instead... I asked... how... her shinebug... was feeling". He buried his face in his hands. "I feel so embarrassed. I mean..." he raised his head "She kinda just laughed it off after a moment and started saying we should hang out more but... I dunno. I feel like a fool. And after we finished our standard conversation, I came here and sat down and... was cursing at myself since."

"Just take it in stride and enjoy the feeling of being with another. If I could suggest, embrace the joke and fight your fear." The Frenchman rubbing his chin in thought.

Whiskers sat upright, letting out a sigh "I guess... but do you think it's too early to confess? I mean it's only been... I don't know a week or two? I mean how long till she starts developing feelings for me, if at all?"

Whiskers thought for a moment. “You know what? Maybe I should laugh it off. Sure it was embarrassing as all hell but… it won’t affect me much in the future. Besides, this will become one of those funny stories we’ll remember one day.”

(And that's all I have. Next will be something of a Valentines Day special)

Edited by DragonMage156
Bloody merged mah post!
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Yeah but then I'd have to use my black pencil. And what part do I make green and what part black? I just want a simple style I can colour relatively quickly. Though I could always try this style later on on a test drawing.

Thanks. I mean there's also blue and red but I don't wanna overuse those colours (red especially). Yellow looks nice but green probably matches his outfit better.

I see. I would go with black then. But if you are interested in the two tone you could do just the tips green or black or just a streak of green kind of like Nails' hair.

Spoilered cos no one probably cares about these:

I feel like that sometimes too and what helps me is to focus on what makes me happy about something I made and the joy it gives me rather than focus on what others think. It's hard to not feel like that and say or think these things, but challenging those thoughts with 'I care about it and here is why...' really helped me stop putting myself down like that.

I tend to shy away from shippy things because they tend to make me uncomfortable unless I made them. But your story was cute! I look forward to the continuation because I'm a sucker for shy confessions of love.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ImpactedTooth said:

I see. I would go with black then. But if you are interested in the two tone you could do just the tips green or black or just a streak of green kind of like Nails' hair.

I feel like that sometimes too and what helps me is to focus on what makes me happy about something I made and the joy it gives me rather than focus on what others think. It's hard to not feel like that and say or think these things, but challenging those thoughts with 'I care about it and here is why...' really helped me stop putting myself down like that.

I tend to shy away from shippy things because they tend to make me uncomfortable unless I made them. But your story was cute! I look forward to the continuation because I'm a sucker for shy confessions of love.

Well I'm still doing them :p Whether people read them or not, I'd like to have my own little archive somewhere.

This is my current OC OTP (so OC x OC) but it's fine if you're not into shippy stuff, there's a lot of people like that. Yet you still like confessions? ^_^

2 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Well I'm still doing them :p Whether people read them or not, I'd like to have my own little archive somewhere.

This is my current OC OTP (so OC x OC) but it's fine if you're not into shippy stuff, there's a lot of people like that. Yet you still like confessions? ^_^

That's good!

Yes. Not necessarily of love, just confessions about something someone is shy of I think. I find them endearing and relatable.

• Like 2

Dino meets Ari:

dino_meets_ari__and_hatch__by_dragonmage

Thought it'd be fun to draw Dino and his pet hatch meeting Ari with her pet hatch (man, this was drawn after the automation trailer last year >_< )

Liam and Ruby:

liam_and_ruby_by_dragonmage156-dc3qdnk.j

I love this ship ^_^

I was gonna save this for another Whiskers/Ria oneshot kinda thing but it's too cute:

fur_and_scales__ria_x_whiskers__by_drago

(Look at her tail! That's like a perfect curl!)

• Like 2