Constant Interrupted Sleep?

Did they wake up to use the toilet during their sleepy time?

Was there insufficient oxygen that caused them to wake up gasping for air before going back to sleep?

Are any of them loud sleepers?

Those are the common reasons why my dupes have interrupted sleep.

The best way to combat them is to have one with a narcoleptic sleep trait, seem to cancel out the stress caused by interrupted sleep!

If it's none of the above, maybe someone else can help you :)

3 hours ago, PickPay said:

Do their Cots need to be placed away from the group then ?

That's what I do, place the early birds and night owls away from the others and/or closer to the work stations. Seemed to work for me but I am not 100% sure of it.

If they have full bladder and there are outhouses available, they wake up and trigger interrupted sleep, I have no problem with that.

But if you have lavatories instead, they'll wait until morning and also will have interrupted sleep even tough they wake up at the same time as any other.

I also found that sometimes when they are hungry while asleep they'll wake up gaining interrupted sleep. 

Not to mention that it takes several cycles to vanish...

1 hour ago, Last Templar said:

That's what I do, place the early birds and night owls away from the others and/or closer to the work stations. Seemed to work for me but I am not 100% sure of it.

I'm pretty sure early birds and night owls have the same sleep schedule but just get stat bonuses during the morning/evening.

21 hours ago, Octyabr said:

If they have full bladder and there are outhouses available, they wake up and trigger interrupted sleep, I have no problem with that.

But if you have lavatories instead, they'll wait until morning and also will have interrupted sleep even tough they wake up at the same time as any other.

I also found that sometimes when they are hungry while asleep they'll wake up gaining interrupted sleep. 

Not to mention that it takes several cycles to vanish...

Thanks for this, people have said building lavatories is the answer but looks like that's not the case for now.  

One of the medicine creation options should be "Sleepy-Doze" pills.  Better living through chemistry!

10 minutes ago, RKBKirin said:

Thanks for this, people have said building lavatories is the answer but looks like that's not the case for now.  

One of the medicine creation options should be "Sleepy-Doze" pills.  Better living through chemistry!

how they use the pill ? 

50 minutes ago, RKBKirin said:

All of my dupes are narcoleptics, and some of them wake during the night to pee/poop using the outhouse but none of them get interrupted sleep.

35 minutes ago, sai05 said:

how they use the pill ? 

He was wishing there was such a pill.  None exists yet.

If they are away of their beds, using an automatic door for instance, they'll fall asleep on the ground, but if you use the "move to location" command, they'll wake up and continue to work without getting interrupted sleep.

This is what I (Ab)use when I want to dig a very large area, specially if it's far away of the main base: setup a door, a tile above it (otherwise they'll climb) a battery and a manual generator.
Once they cross, they only dig, no unnecessary returns each time they want to eat, sleep or do their stuff.

Spoiler

small setup.jpg

6 hours ago, Fatmice said:

All of my dupes are narcoleptics, and some of them wake during the night to pee/poop using the outhouse but none of them get interrupted sleep.

He was wishing there was such a pill.  None exists yet.

no i mean there is device to make a medic but how to use the madic because they keep making placebo and etc but dont know how to use it

1 hour ago, sai05 said:

no i mean there is device to make a medic but how to use the madic because they keep making placebo and etc but dont know how to use it

Once they get the correct disease, they'll eat it automatically.

Archived