Nintendo Switch?

1 hour ago, Astroknot said:

I'm only asking if its possible, cause I don't know whether or not Nintendo has rules about text chat and what not.

Yeah, it's likely possible. I'm sure all Klei would need to do is just use some kind of chat filter and Nintendo wouldn't care much.

7 hours ago, Astroknot said:

So text chat should hopefully not get in the way of a potential Switch release?

Again, text chat shouldn't be an issue at all as long as there's some kind of filter. The Monster Hunter games on the 3DS have text chat. I'm sure there's other examples of text chat on Nintendo platforms too, but that's all that comes to mind right now. Just because Nintendo acts like an overprotective parent and restricts online communication for their games doesn't mean everyone else has to as well.

Text chat without a keyboard sounds terrible just thinking about it, lol...

I would assume in addition to text chat, you could use pre-defined strings to quickly and effectively communicate. (Like you're able to say "I need food!" or "I need help!" with the press of a button. Having them vary depending on character would be pretty cool, actually.)

I actually don't have Monster Hunter so I didn't know it had text chat, nice to know. Pre-defined phrases sounds like something that could be useful for all versions of the game as it would allow for quick communication in a stressful situation. Anyway I'm gonna hope that a Switch version gets announced at E3 this year like the Wii U version of DS RoG. Thanks for all the replys!

6 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

Text chat without a keyboard sounds terrible just thinking about it, lol...

I would assume in addition to text chat, you could use pre-defined strings to quickly and effectively communicate. (Like you're able to say "I need food!" or "I need help!" with the press of a button. Having them vary depending on character would be pretty cool, actually.)

rez' status announcements, tbh.

It's touch-screen, easy.

6 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

Text chat without a keyboard sounds terrible just thinking about, lol...

@StarmanNess The Switch has USB ports on it and if I remember, Gamexplain did a video showing that keyboards do work for typing on the Switch. So you would not exactly have to use the built in keyboard :).

Archived