[Thermal Upgrade] The Morbs' room has been nerfed

Hello,

Before the patch if you put some morbs in a close room, they continually produced some polluted oxygen.

With the Thermal Upgrade, Morbs stops to emit polluted oxygen once the room has reached a certain pressure. For my test, the oxygen concentration is blocked at 2777,8 g and the Morbs emit nothing since a long time.

20170320192902_1.jpg

46 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

Or don't use them and just use slimes.  There is so much slimes on the map that their sublimation will take literally forever.  You will be damn bored before your dupes run out of oxygen.

Not use morbs, but that is literally relying on multiple machines and dupes and world gen as opposed to just relying on morbs

3 minutes ago, Destros09 said:

Not use morbs, but that is literally relying on multiple machines and dupes and world gen as opposed to just relying on morbs

You rely on the same thing using morbs.  It's just stuffing the slimes that you mined into storage lockers.  Make a dedicated room with many rows of storage lockers.  Surely faster than waiting for morbs to spawn.

Also about the morbs not putting out polluted oxygen, even in the old build, they stop farting when the room had about 3-4kg / tile in non-thermal update game.  I know this because I had killed many dupes and had about a hundred morbs in one small room.  They stop jumping after some time.  They also don't like to fart if they are chilled or overheated.

I don't think it's pressure that shuts down the morbs, because I had a morb room recently get up to 36kg+ pressure.

I think what's going on is that the morbs need to "eat" something to produce polluted air now. I was piping contaminated water into the room for them to eat.

14 minutes ago, Erasmus Crowley said:

I don't think it's pressure that shuts down the morbs, because I had a morb room recently get up to 36kg+ pressure.

I think what's going on is that the morbs need to "eat" something to produce polluted air now. I was piping contaminated water into the room for them to eat.

Is that so?  Is that the reason why they were very hoppy when I gave them contaminated water?  This was the behavior pre-thermal update.  I distinctly thought it was because they were cold, which they were at the time.  But I do recall the contaminated water disappearing after some time.  I just thought that them wading in the liquid made it disappear over time due to liquid destruction bug.

1 minute ago, Dogbarian said:

I think they normally eat chlorine, don't they?  Converting it to polluted O2?

They still do.  But this thing about needing polluted water is something I've seen but did not think anything of it.  I will have to test later.

The trick is to add 1000ish grams of water on each of the tiles the morbs walk on. Their AI thinks the room is not at pressure and continue to produce. CO2 works as well but is less ideal. The water also helps keep the morbs at their perfect body temperature. So they don't overheat.

Okay, I've tested the morbs again.  You need some polluted water at a good temperature for morbs.  I recommend 30C or try to keep at 30C, which is pretty easy now with the liquid tepidizer.  They will keep producing polluted oxygen beyond the 2kg valve limit.  Very little liquid is needed, no more than 1000g per tile.

Morb-induction.png

Morbs have no intake like someone said. 

A single tile (square) can only contain one substance. It's therefore logical that Morbs waddling in water think there's no polluted oxygen and keep producing it. That's why people see those crazy high densities of contaminated oxygen.

Archived