Locked Chest !

Hello, sorry for my englsih
My idea for DST

Chest are expensives and useless.... my opinion
Chest must protect us from grief with a 4 number code or a craftable key ?
Locked Chest can be always destroyed by hammer or fire.

Thank you for reading me and answer me !

2 hours ago, petitpers said:

Chest are expensives and useless.... my opinion

I'm sure a lot of people would disagree about storage and organization being useless...

2 hours ago, petitpers said:

Chest must protect us from grief with a 4 number code or a craftable key ?
Locked Chest can be always destroyed by hammer or fire.

Then... what's even the point if it can be bypassed so easily? You want the chest to be protected from griefing, but yet you suggest that it remains vulnerable to it. Makes sense.

And if it was indestructible... then it would become a tool for griefing. Imagine coming back to your camp and finding a bunch of locked chests placed all over the place that you can't access. I'd find that to be rather irritating and I'm sure others would as well.

Then... what's even the point if it can be bypassed so easily? You want the chest to be protected from griefing, but yet you suggest that it remains vulnerable to it. Makes sense.

Because there is no miracle solution for protect us from griefing, and if somone want to burn all my base he always will find a way to do it.

But if some casual player, who don't know how to split a stack, want some gold, grass or web, he can't steal a full stack without broke my chest ! And if he do it, i'll know that someone steal my locked chest, and so i know isn't someone of my team who forget to bring back the stuff because my team know the 4number code.

And if it was indestructible... then it would become a tool for griefing. Imagine coming back to your camp and finding a bunch of locked chests placed all over the place that you can't access. I'd find that to be rather irritating and I'm sure others would as well.

Haters gonna hate, Trolls gonna troll, Grieffers gonna grief !!!
Locked Chest must be similar than normal chest because they always find a way to grief/burn your stuff !
Krampus always be able to destroy your locked chest so... there are always a way to troll!
But ok, maybe a limitation of personals chests? Or high gold amount to craft a luxury chest ? To force players to continue to cooperate!

Ehhhh... It's gonna be irritating just to access each one by one chest if you will need a code, also would be weird if they wouldn't burn of can't be hammered. Whole point of having chests being breakable and being able to open any of them is that you could configure your base structure and orginize/share stuff with your friends. DST ain't exactly just about "oh wow! hey, lets all cooperate!", it gives a person a choice if he wants to base together or not, and by playing you can find both either trustworthy people or just some trolls to ruin your day, which is a choice for them too. Things like griefing or stealing should more be a job for an admin to sort it out, who works as sheriffs who could teach those baddies a lesson. If its like a public server, then gotta blame yourself if you left any valuebles before you logged off. And it all comes in natural for people who scavenge for stuff :p

Archived