Admin Privileges Help

So after searching around I finally figured out where the adminlist goes with the new file structure and what is supposed to go it, yet it still doesn't wanna load it right. My log keeps giving the error "Error string decoding Steam Net ID" right after loading the list. Any ideas as to just what I need to do to fix it?

Please keep in mind there is a sub forum for dedicated servers with people more informed about these things

And for the adminlist, you have to get their Klei ID. You can find it in the server log whenever someone joins, speaks or dies, among with other things (It starts with KU_ with some random numbers and letters after that). What you do with it is copy/paste it in the adminlist, then hit enter to go to the next line then add more if needed.

43 minutes ago, Electroely said:

Please keep in mind there is a sub forum for dedicated servers with people more informed about these things

And for the adminlist, you have to get their Klei ID. You can find it in the server log whenever someone joins, speaks or dies, among with other things (It starts with KU_ with some random numbers and letters after that). What you do with it is copy/paste it in the adminlist, then hit enter to go to the next line then add more if needed.

@ImDaMisterL should this thread be swiggity swootied to the server topic?

To get your own unique Klei ID start the game, click on Play to get online, click on Account (bottom right menu) and inside the window that will pop-up scroll a bit down until you see under UserID something that has a format like KU_xxx. That's your unique ID!

To get other people you have 3 options:

• have them to say something in chat, be it in public or private, while you are on the game console
  • have them to say something in chat, be it in public or private, and go to My Documents\DoNotStarveTogether if you are in main branch or My Documents\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta if in beta branch of ANR, then look at client_chat_log.txt and search for their name inside the text file. The KU_xxx before the name is the unique ID.
  • looking at server logs in Master/server_log.txt and search for the name

Archived