Clothing ..micromanagement ?

I haven't seen anyone mention this. I made different outfits but can only assign 1 piece per Dupe... Are you really supposed to dress/undress them all the time depending on the job they might do next ? If so I find it too much trouble... Am I missing something ?

Thats an idea thanks. I'd rather not have to micro manage Dupes though.

What if they have to go through a cold biome and then a hot one ?!

Also I noticed the "Chilly environment" debuff despite the Dupe wearing a Warm Sweater... :/

To be honest, this outfit thing is rather useless, for now, nevertheless it has potential, if we could automate where and when they change clothes, like entering hot/cold/water/outer space areas only with the proper outfit either with an area manager (maybe like Rimworld) or with an appropriate setting in doors.

10 hours ago, PickPay said:

Thats an idea thanks. I'd rather not have to micro manage Dupes though.

What if they have to go through a cold biome and then a hot one ?!

Also I noticed the "Chilly environment" debuff despite the Dupe wearing a Warm Sweater... :/

This is a colony simulator.  So managing your dupes effectively is kind of a huge part of the game.

22 minutes ago, Ecu said:

This is a colony simulator.  So managing your dupes effectively is kind of a huge part of the game.

To a point. After a certain level micromanagement stops being fun. For example current stress relief Assigning individuals to tables is ok when numbers are small and decor expectations low. With base of 20 duplicants on level 30 it is tedious and breaks from the actual expansion and building. Hopefully some love for stress management should be in works next.

On 20/03/2017 at 0:47 PM, Ecu said:

Yeah, and this part could be fun or tedious depending of how it's done. At the moment i feel that there is something missing about how to manage clothing. Maybe a way to allow passage in some area only if they have the right cloth could already help.

6 hours ago, Lumina said:

Yeah, and this part could be fun or tedious depending of how it's done. At the moment i feel that there is something missing about how to manage clothing. Maybe a way to allow passage in some area only if they have the right cloth could already help.

Spacesuits boys. Spacesuits.

I would like all dupes to come with a standarized red uniform and i would like to be able to choose the color of the snazzy suit so i can dress my dupes depending on their job, for example....

But i must say that in my ~700cycles base, i didnt make any clothing cause stress was not a problem at all (and snazzy suit didnt differ from starting clothing!)

Archived