I Need Help With My Gas Plumbing!

[I am playing the thermal upgrade]  

I have very messy gas plumbing set up to pump oxygen to my duplicants and pump hydrogen to my hydrogen generator. My gas pumps won't pump! I don't know what i am doing wrong but here is a couple of screenshots to explain the situation:

20170319173236_1.jpg

Gas pump clearly not pumping.

20170319173248_1.jpg

There is sufficient power and wires are connected correctly. (Also, power current is stable).

20170319173257_1.jpg

Nothing is overheating so scratch that off.

20170319173300_1.jpg

I don't know why you would need this but i'm just going through the overlays.

20170319173308_1.jpg

Electrolyzers (i think that's how you spell it) are sufficiently fed water. I don't know how that affects the gas plumping but i put it in here anyways.

20170319173318_1.jpg

Gas pipes lead to proper exit vents and no vents are over pressurized.

20170319173337_1.jpg

My mess of a plumbing system! (Help me)

20170319173358_1.jpg

Both Filters are set to send gas through (hydrogen) and filter out oxygen, but they refuse to filter out anything. Also the hydrogen pipes lead to the hydrogen generator correctly. Now that i think about it my filters are messed up, not my pumps. Help me anyways :D!!

Thank you for helping and i hope you have a nice day!

5 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

Sometimes things don't work until you reload the save so try that first.

Can't recommend this enough - Just do a save and immediately reload, that fixes this issue a surprising number of times. Been a bug since the Thermal update came through, from what I've seen.

I had this problem after I fiddled around with my Electrolzyer Gas Pump design on an old game. Its a bug with the Gas Filters not accepting in any gas thus causing a blockage. I took it completely apart, put it back together and it still didn't work.

On 3/19/2017 at 10:57 PM, Crazy_Steve said:

Both Filters are set to send gas through (hydrogen) and filter out oxygen, but they refuse to filter out anything. Also the hydrogen pipes lead to the hydrogen generator correctly. Now that i think about it my filters are messed up, not my pumps. Help me anyways :D!!

Thank you for helping and i hope you have a nice day!

You're filtering the wrong element !! You have to send pure Hydrogen to the Generator or it will break...

I brought up the same scenario under a different topic in another post you might want to check it out. It does work out pretty well after some tweaking and time. Basically 2 pumps for 1 Electrolyzer and a cooler. This setup is a little power hungry so to use both rooms I would have to redesign everything and increase the number of Dupes to make it worthwhile...

You've connected the output of the gas bridge to the output of the filter. Try to move the connection two blocks to the right.

And as somebody mentioned already, I would filter for Hydrogen and feed it into the generator. What you have, should work ... until the pumps also suck up some CO2.

Archived