Thermal Update Coal generator problem.

On 3/20/2017 at 1:44 PM, Dogbarian said:

This game makes us do the cooling/condenser part manually, external to the machine itself.

On that note, could there be a possible "upgrade" to generators once thermal management is researched? The addition of auto water cooling hot things? As the convection issue stands, as well as the idle coal gen still producing heat, I might answer my own question and say that it would probably be easier to hotfix than add a new mechanic.

22 hours ago, Risu said:

Would be nice if convection was implemented. Give a nice breeze of death when you open the generator room door.

I thought it was implemented when I saw a big pillar of hottness created from a very hot stack of copper (destroyed a overheated coal generator)  but then I noticed that ice does the same and that gases don't move, they just transfer the heat.

Following some of the advice in this thread I've used the water cooling solution. I've been lazy/ greedy and packed the top two gens in quite close which has raised all the temps, but the principle works fine. With gold generators they stay well within the operating temperate (and with only only two or three in the space, they stay no higher than 50c at worst, so suitable for copper). The recent update has doubtlessly made this easier, but you do still need to cool them somehow, which I think is fine really.

20170323124032_1.jpg

Archived