Twitch Plays Don't Starve

Hello Everyone,

Any idea when we might get this mod working again Mr @V2C ? I know a lot of people no longer care about it, but there might still be a few who would, and would be awesome to have it for some crazy drinking games ;) 

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Glermz

1 hour ago, Glhrmzz said:

Hello Everyone,

Any idea when we might get this mod working again Mr @V2C ? I know a lot of people no longer care about it, but there might still be a few who would, and would be awesome to have it for some crazy drinking games ;) 

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Glermz

Probably when beta ends and everyone is not rushed on new content updates.

1 hour ago, Astroknot said:

Wait, they used to be a Twitch plays Don't Starve? How long did they survive? Is there videos of it on youtube?

Twitch chat didn't control the player. They voted on what "events" could happen. Like frog rain making the player go insane ect.

1 hour ago, Astroknot said:

Well that still sounds interesting, although not as much as a twitch chat directly controlling the player cause that sounds like it would be hilarious :D.

I've seen it with terraria, "person was killed by fall damage"

2 hours ago, Astroknot said:

Well that still sounds interesting, although not as much as a twitch chat directly controlling the player cause that sounds like it would be hilarious :D.

Not really, honestly. Games like Pokemon are extremely forgiving games that don't pentalize a player for mistakes like Don't Starve, therefore being really good games to screw around with and let a bunch of people control. Whereas with Don't Starve, you'll quickly realize that watching Wilson walk left for a frame and down the next frame is just extremely boring. Not to mention how terrible it would be to try and craft anything.

Now the actual mod that @Glhrmzz (I spelled that right my first try holy crap) is talking about lets users vote for random scenarios to occur, such as food rotting instantly, frog rain, etc etc. It sounds like a blast to play with and honestly I hope Klei (or the dev of the mod) fixes it.

Archived