Sandstorm but oasis is dry in summer

Summer just ended and I was living in the caves during that time.  Three separate times I came up and the oasis was dry, despite the ant lion being there as well as the sandstorm.  Ant lion appeared normal as I was able to give her trinkets.    I am 1000+ days in on this server and this is the first time this has happened.  Anyone else having issues?

Some people have said that if a item/mob is on it the pond wont fill up. I don't know if this is true or not. For me the pond fills up about two days into summer. You may need to stay in the over world for a day or two. If you are playing alone.

11 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Some people have said that if a item/mob is on it the pond wont fill up. I don't know if this is true or not. For me the pond fills up about two days into summer. You may need to stay in the over world for a day or two. If you are playing alone.

Hmm will have to check that.  I placed some tooth traps very close to it.  Maybe they were too close.

Is the sandstorm ever there on day 1 or 2 before the pond fills up, for you?

Just now, justacpa said:

Hmm will have to check that.  I placed some tooth traps very close to it.  Maybe they were too close.

Is the sandstorm ever there on day 1 or 2 without the pond filling up for you?

The pond, sandstorm and Antloin have always spawned by day 3 of summer for me. The world has to be dry for the storm to start. So if it rains on the first day of summer it wont spawn. You can kill the Antloin to get the same stuff you would get out of the pond.

2 minutes ago, Electroely said:

The game just doesn't want to bother with illogical things happening to items when the oasis fills up,

Okay, summertime. Got to fill up the oasis.

Wait, what the hell is THAT. WHAT IS THAT.

It should not be there. No, what the hell is happening. I was not told this could happen, no this is wrong. THIS IS ALL WRONG.

Nope, not doing it. Not going near that thing nope. No. NO.

Oasis stays dry this summer, goodbye. Can go start some random fires instead.

Archived