Willow nightmare farming tip

One of the strengths of Willow is nightmare farming. If you have few bernies (or I would preffer 10), have a hambat, couple of helms and a nightmare amulet, the profit for the fuel is huge compared to soloing without an amulet or soloing with it. I know some chars kills them in like few hits, the least you loose by using Bernie strat is just a small amount of helm (or not), some durabilily of Bernies (which are easilly fixable with sewing kits), and the amulet. This strat makes a use for regaining sanity fast, getting nightmare fuel without much cost and doing it alone. The preffered season would be spring, just having a fire large enough is fine (or a star), morning star just wrecks the nightmares one by one while they are wet. Takes as long as you want it to be, you can make a bunch of Bernies for other people to do that if, unless you solo as Willow, which will gonna make nightmare fuel rain for days, quite cheap for a strat too.

4 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I find a better use of the amulet is using it to kill rabbits rather then fight Them.

Yep. Sanity is Easily Regained but it is not easy when you have rabbits to deal with. When you see a shadow monster, unequip the amulet. Put it back on. Just keep repeating this when you killed enough rabbits to your liking

Hmm, that's a neat suggestion. She actually sort of likes Night Lights too (at least more than other characters...) so easy fuel, apart from other obvious benefits, isn't half bad. And she can let the whole team do it since Bernies, so if you've got a Maxwell, or a Wolfgang for higher damage, etc.

Still not a good character but it does help. Vaguely sets her on the verge???

Most of guys are missing the point, if one of her uses, this is the biggest use. If you wanna do that in short time, then this is the best strat as her, yet also she isn't a bad character, its just the dumb stereotype that people go all around posting to bring her old uses (sometimes even in bug tracker -_-) even tho she has great uses now instead of some overpowered the old game stuff that's meant for singleplayer. Even if some people deny the facts that she has uses and doesn't care about people's opinions and knowledge who played as her more than an average player who changes characters when plays, some people just tries to "find new abilities" for her to replace the current or even upgrade, then people just should stop complaining and play mods. I am sure she will stay with her current abilities, as she is more like an early game character, endgame sorta comes with Bernies. As for other Characters who has different playstyles, abilities comes in use as you play. I really don't wanna argue and I say with hope that she would stay as she is and nothing changes Period

Fighting Nightmares is already pretty trivial if you have 2~3 people (if everyone holds F, the nightmares should rarely get an attack off, if ever) so a character who, if given a lot of beard hair, can fight them solo better... still isn't really much of a thing. Like, it's nice and worth mentioning for sure (Thanks!), but it's also really easy to get the same results without being Willow (or crafting a lot of extra bernies), so uhm, don't go off on us o.o I don't want the thread to turn into a Willow power level discussion, though, there's enough of those; I wrote a paragraph why it's not a "dumb stereotype" but I deleted it for the thread's sake since... yeah, let's not.

@Mantas I haven't played around with the Bee Queen crown too much, but would Willow's sanity regen from a nightlight stack up to +13/min when wearing one? I'll test it out myself this weekend, but I think if you built a few nightlights close to each other and summoned a star in the centre then you could have a pretty powerful Willow exclusive sanity station. It all depends on what stacks and what doesn't though. If it works you could easily get up to +87/min sanity from only four nightlights and a single star caller use.

I dunno if I'd want to burn -that- much nightmare fuel just to get some sanity >.> Although I think it's still possible to make good Willow sanity stations by using a flingo near a pile of flammable things? Do hay walls still aggressively alight in DST? (Probably not...) I know fire spreading was nerfed a lot, and I'm not quite sure what the flingo does and doesn't activate for in "emergency mode". If there's something it won't activate for in it's other mode that has like 20~30 second burn time, you could burn a few of those, and turn the flingo on before it's destroyed.

Having one Bernie is just a distraction when you don't need nightmares getting in the way, more Bernie's is more fit for fuel farming, due to the fact that multiple are distracting multiple nightmares. Not really Willow's problem that people goof and don't know how it works

The best nightmare farming tip is to stop playing Willow and learn how to kite.

Nightmares spawn slowly enough that you would almost never get 2 at the same time if you know how to fight them. You don't need Bernie at all because he only distracts nightmares that aren't already aggro to you. Not to mention that playing as Willow has that stupid freeze when insane downside, so you can't even farm during Winter, Spring, and Late Autumn.

In my Bernie video, I kited the Nightmares in the laziest and sloppiest way possible. You could kite nightmares literally just by running at them, pressing F, dodging, then repeat. No baiting needed, just cancel your attack right as you hit then dodge.

8 hours ago, Tosh said:

@Mantas I haven't played around with the Bee Queen crown too much, but would Willow's sanity regen from a nightlight stack up to +13/min when wearing one? I'll test it out myself this weekend, but I think if you built a few nightlights close to each other and summoned a star in the centre then you could have a pretty powerful Willow exclusive sanity station. It all depends on what stacks and what doesn't though. If it works you could easily get up to +87/min sanity from only four nightlights and a single star caller use.

The thing is, the crown reverses sanity auras and Willow is the only character benefiting from these. I fear it would do nothing or damage her. A better use is hugging a hibernating bearger.

12 hours ago, HamBatter said:

What a novel use for Sewing Kits.

Can't tell if seriously using the word "Novel" or just making fun of a youtuber that uses certain words too much.

Yeah I hope one day they add something to Willow that makes her more than a character that distracts shadows while you fight giants.

The only use of Bernie uh, okay, of Willow I really appreciate is that you can craft like 50, put them in your krampus bird farm in small fenced cages and you're not in danger anymore while using books.
50 evil flowers + crown are still better tho

50 minutes ago, Maslak said:

The only use of Bernie uh, okay, of Willow I really appreciate is that you can craft like 50, put them in your krampus bird farm in small fenced cages and you're not in danger anymore while using books.

There's a more better and less Wickerbottom way to farm krampus using bunnymen hutchs, and a brightly lit star.

The only reason I see you using that tactic is for feathers. (Since you'll be drowning in food after 2 krampus spawns)

5 hours ago, Mantas said:

Fine, maybe it isn't a use for willow, but at least I tried to share this with some people who maybe  plays willow and wanna have a use of Bernie's more

I'd suggest this: test something before claiming it as a proper tip on getting something done in the game.

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I'd suggest this: test something before claiming it as a proper tip on getting something done in the game.

Disclaimer: From what I know Mantas almost exclusively plays Willow so I'm sure that counts as extensive testing 

Archived