A puft containment chamber

Could you add something to the game to were you can set a trap that will suck a puft into a tube and the tube sucks up contaminated oxygen and with the contaminated oxygen the puft creates slime that goes through a tube and the douplicants can collect it, and if you have a biodistiler the douplicants should bring it over to the biodistiler to create algae. just one of my ideas. another is also a containment chamber that can capture hatches, and if there is slime or something that could harm your douplicants, you can take whatever is harming them such as slime and put it into the containment chamber and the hatch will eat it. also could you add a scare jesture that you can choose which way to scare the puft or hatch into the chambers. the last bit would help but that is not what i am hoping gets added.

1 hour ago, iDontLift said:

One reason is so that Slime Production can be relocated to a desired location.

Yeah but it makes it too easy unless you are going to propose how to balance people capturing a ton of these and putting them into a small room to get tons of slime.

48 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

You can already build a puft containment. It takes a bit of effort to do but aren't games supposed to be challenging?

You have to balance challenge vs enjoyment. You can't make 100% of a game about "but it's already possible" if there's a perfectly reasonable solution for someone who doesn't want to spend 5 hours to block in a puft.

The hardcore guys can still challenge themselves by doing everything the hard way, and the casual gamers can enjoy playing a game rather than grinding to prove something can be done. I can sail from the US to Europe in a few weeks on a cruise ship, but that doesn't mean I'll turn down the chance to hop on a plane and use my life more efficiently.

It's called balance. A lot of games die off because they cater only to the hardcore gamers who want to grind towards near impossible acheivements, then when they leave they're left with zero audience.

17 minutes ago, scientas said:

You have to balance challenge vs enjoyment. You can't make 100% of a game about "but it's already possible" if there's a perfectly reasonable solution for someone who doesn't want to spend 5 hours to block in a puft.

The hardcore guys can still challenge themselves by doing everything the hard way, and the casual gamers can enjoy playing a game rather than grinding to prove something can be done. I can sail from the US to Europe in a few weeks on a cruise ship, but that doesn't mean I'll turn down the chance to hop on a plane and use my life more efficiently.

It's called balance. A lot of games die off because they cater only to the hardcore gamers who want to grind towards near impossible acheivements, then when they leave they're left with zero audience.

Balance is important but the way as proposed makes it too easy to abuse.

Maybe put a limit as to how many of these chambers it's possible to make? Like when you make one the game shows a little 1/(insert allowed number here) and it won't allow you to build another chamber until one of your pufts dies

On 3/17/2017 at 4:31 PM, AlexRou said:

Yeah but it makes it too easy unless you are going to propose how to balance people capturing a ton of these and putting them into a small room to get tons of slime.

Yeah it is more or less a moot point. But as of recent versions, 1-2 pufts seem to be able to do the job easily: you pump contaminated oxygen to their room, if the pressure is high, the pufts work very fast. So, as for now, a single puft is too OP already, no need for lots of pufts xD

For my part I find them too much trouble to deal with mostly because they are very vulnerable, I've seen Hatches drown them selves for no reason. They should be more robust (tolerant to temperature changes) and smarter...

Archived