[Game Update] (Preview Branch)- 210162

Did anyone checked their free HDD space after a long session? I had ONI running for like 10 hours and had to kill it just now because I had 200 MB left. That seems like a serious memory leak while swapping RAM to disk.

ok...so ima go on tiny rant here... i like this game.. i rally do.. i love it.. i want to enjoy it.. and tell all my friends to buy it when its out... but..what  have you done.. u fix the farms abit. dat's nice.. so u don't need 3 fans to keep them from overheating...dat's nice :) but then you go make things like generators... go's supernova...!! dats stupid! it heat's up a room so bad it burns the ppl when they go in the room!..they try too fix it.. and it just eats up copper till i run out then it brakes... i have burn victims... and no power... and a room that's hotter then the sun!!.. this is  unacceptable!... i know this is just in Alpha but  pls fix the coal generators 

3 hours ago, blitsy said:

ok...so ima go on tiny rant here... i like this game.. i rally do.. i love it.. i want to enjoy it.. and tell all my friends to buy it when its out... but..what  have you done.. u fix the farms abit. dat's nice.. so u don't need 3 fans to keep them from overheating...dat's nice :) but then you go make things like generators... go's supernova...!! dats stupid! it heat's up a room so bad it burns the ppl when they go in the room!..they try too fix it.. and it just eats up copper till i run out then it brakes... i have burn victims... and no power... and a room that's hotter then the sun!!.. this is  unacceptable!... i know this is just in Alpha but  pls fix the coal generators 

Yes the coal gen are a bit broken as of now.

But just fyi, and i guess this will be useful for the long run.

You can use gold (instead of copper) for higher temp tolerance, but for generator and some machine, they will soon break down eventually, that's why you need to turn them off to let them cool off (like in rl), that's where the new auto switch is shining. you can auto turn it on/off depends on the room temperature.

Though, there is a better solution but you need to set it up for a bit.

You can use water to cool them down. I don't have my screenshot right now, but there is a thread that discussing this:

tl;dr, something like this:

Spoiler

Op8jvlD.png

but I'm pretty sure they will add more material and update the wolf material stat to be able to withstand higher temperature.

just wait till they release them.

Edited by Zervo

On 20/03/2017 at 8:47 AM, DarkDeny said:

Puft is no longer making slime

fiber plants cannot be planted

batteries, hydrogen generator and thermo regulators are no longer warming up water to make steam from it

using pufts and making steam were two of my favorite things to do in the game =(

You should try actually reading this thread before complaining, because all those were answered here or in the patch notes.

1. Puft not making slime is a bug and is reported already
  2. "Fiber plants" are planted on the new Aquatic Farm Tile.
  3. There are now steam geysers producing infinite steam. The devs mentioned adding new ways of making steam so we can assume teh Tepidizer should be able to boil water and it's a bug that it can't. Also, you still CAN make steam if you really want, just the machine will break while doing so and will have to be periodically repaired, but again, why would you bother when there are infinite steam geysers? You can just use all your polluted water for fertilizer now.

Some water on tile (floor) supporting coal generator keeps it cold and working - i've done so.

Are steam geyser removed? I've found huge area of empty space with few layers of dirty water down on abyssalite. Assume it was cold biome, molten by geyser, but there is no geyser...

On 3/20/2017 at 6:17 AM, Sepequ said:

It´s a common issue in which you get for example a 7 level cook who cannot perform any cook. Same thing with miner who cannot dig, yokei scientist, and so on. It´s weird in some way, and fun xD

this still happens i seen 2 of them yesterday sadly i didnt screeshot it ill catch the next one

Anyone knows what is the maximum content of pipes and how to use them at max efficiency?

I have two liquid pumps on one pipe and two gas pumps on one pipe but only one is pumping. Does that mean the max capacity of pipes is exactly as much as one pump can pump? Or there is a way to use two pumps without having to run two pipes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StormHUN said:

Does that mean the max capacity of pipes is exactly as much as one pump can pump?

yes ... usually. There is some weird downturn in piping on higher speed / busy simulation

Duplicant traits no longer prevent them from performing their profession task

What is the catch of negative traits then ? Stress ?

For exemple a Scaredy-Cat force to fight will get post traumatic stress disorder ?

On 25/03/2017 at 10:21 AM, Argelle said:

What is the catch of negative traits then ? Stress ?

For exemple a Scaredy-Cat force to fight will get post traumatic stress disorder ?

No, that means if someones profession is a scientist, he should not have a Yokel trait. Similar for others

2 hours ago, Argelle said:

But yet, I did print an artist, Catalina.... not wiling to perform its art :

2F5664A9936788A7A4F80A5574804530F00DE009

Un peintre maudit ? :)

dude if u read the 1st page it said u had tho update it though steam in the game propertys

sorry worng guy ment for Nautilus Jr.

Edited by Damann28
worng guy i quoted

On 3/15/2017 at 1:30 PM, Cheerio said:
  • In Steam click on Library > Games.
  • Scroll down to Oxygen Not Included.
  • Right-click and select Properties.
  • Go to the BETAS tab.
  • In the dropdown, select the thermal_upgrade_preview branch.
  • In that same Properties window, go to the Local Files tab and press Verify Integrity Of Game Cache.
  • Your game will be updated to the beta version.
  • Launch Oxygen Not Included.

preview_branch1.pngpreview_branch2.pngpreview_branch3.png

Meaning what? beta branch, display of #211417 (see my screenshot) is not enough, I should check the local file for integrity?

EDIT: i did just that : "files integrity ok", and the save file was created with a later version than this thread #211417 versus #210162. So, bug of feature ? :)

Edited by Argelle