Game modes would make the game easier for beginners and give pros a better challenge

• Easy: Toxic and unbreathable gases spread much slower. Algae deoxidizers and algae terrariums produce more oxygen and use less algae. Food gives more health and Duplicants starve less, meaning they don't have to eat as much. Stress wont build up as fast as it normally does and Stress Relief methods will work faster. 
  • Normal: Toxic and unbreathable gases spread at a faster speed than easy mode, but not that much faster. Oxygen Production buildings produce oxygen a bit slower but use the same amount of resources as in easy mode.
  • Hard: Basically the current game.

Definitely something I would think is on the minds of the devs, I agree that the idea of having different levels of play makes for a better experience.  An addition I'd like to add is a sort of "creative" mode, or Custom game.  Basically you control whether or not to have toxic gases or hostile creature, you can allow for a higher percent of algae to spawn or whatever you want.  Or even just a builder mode, where you have infinite of everything and can make the "perfect" base.

20 minutes ago, Kruleworld said:

i like how it is now, never really getting too hard or easy, but always uphill. I'm sure some would prefer an easier version of it.

If some people find the game too easy they could always implement a "hard mode" for those seeking a challange.

Archived