"Emergency" Priority

So right now we have Priority from 1 to 9.  Currently, I reserve Priority 9 as the "emergency, do this now" priority, but even then, sometimes dupes will not respond to the problem (sometimes they will prioritize sweeping for some reason..?).  Could we get a priority which pretty much makes all dupes drop what they are doing immediately and do that thing immediately?

They do destruct in priority, only the free dupe gets the job, reserves before getting there. A priority above anything would be nice but could  be abused also. Could break game like cancelling dig last second. i dont like how they walk past without closing door when i click that, it should be closest person, other than that should be a "side effect" like extra stress but closest duplicant will do it. prior 10 could be limited daily  few. or "instant dig/build/drag dupe" actions which would require time and a worship point

We don't need more priorities, what we need is just everything to be able to have a priority set. That's the actual root of the problem here: the fact that deconstruct, harvest, and sweeping for no apparent reason don't have priorities you can change. If you could, this would be a non issue and would be all in your hands as-is.

1 minute ago, Crimeo said:

We don't need more priorities, what we need is just everything to be able to have a priority set. That's the actual root of the problem here: the fact that deconstruct, harvest, and sweeping for no apparent reason don't have priorities you can change. If you could, this would be a non issue and would be all in your hands as-is.

You can set the priorities for harvest and deconstruct, though they dont appear in the priority overlay.

1 hour ago, Kruleworld said:

most videos of ONI on YT they set every fricken task to a 9. They should add a stressor for all tasks set to 9 to punish poor planning and impatience.

They're punishing themselves. Because when they get a real problem, they don't have any higher priority to set for that urgent task and have to go all around their map and lower priority of everything else to get that single urgent thing done. I find it hilarious.

I wouldn't like if increased priority tasks created stress. They should just set up order in which dupes do things.

deconstruct is priority 10 exept items with priority like art and buildings. harvest priority is on each plant and is higher priority on same number. algae hauling, eating, pooping also prior 10. deodorizers were same, glad they changed it. also research/musher needs filling so not one man job.

3 hours ago, ShamPeiN said:

deconstruct is priority 10 exept items with priority like art and buildings. harvest priority is on each plant and is higher priority on same number. algae hauling, eating, pooping also prior 10. deodorizers were same, glad they changed it. also research/musher needs filling so not one man job.

Yes I'm saying that instead of making a confusing new priority level that has different rules, just make all of these things able to be controlled using the existing, simpler priority levels instead, not fixed at 10.

with update will be even more chaotic, i would like to control eating time better. also researcher and cook should fetch resources needed. If dont take jobs away they dont do it, if they got no delivery/power they idle. I think delivery guys need filter like water/dirt and algae/sand. Controlling route based on stress/hp also needed. 

Archived