Who do you prefer to sit on the throne Maxwell or Charlie ?

Who do you prefer to sit on the throne Maxwell or Charlie or anyone else ?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer to sit on the throne Maxwell or Charlie or anyone else ?

after reading some replies i notice some people ship Maxwell/Charlie OR  just believe in ship existed these people are @Sinister_Fang and @Arlesienne and @Maslak and @CaptainChaotica my OTP is Wilson/willow and my second favorite ship Maxwell/Charlie i  first ship them when i first saw William Carter Puzzles from 2014 to 2016 but when i saw A New Reign Cinematic i just stopped shipping the ship burned and Sank deeper than the Titanic and there is on way any one is able to revive the dead ship even Klei and we all know Wilson a chance with willow but Maxwell has no any chance with Charlie not because of him it is her and a lot of the fans believe after the survivors go back to the normal world Maxwell and Charlie will be just friends no more no less and the most important thing Maxwell/Charlie ship only existed for the plot to gave us reason way hes want to his flat because she loved him it is just for the plot and Maxwell say in the darkness "Charlie it is me Maxwell" but she still will kill him

3 hours ago, yousif7733 said:

plot to gave us reason way hes want to his flat because she loved him it is just for the plot and Maxwell say in the darkness "Charlie it is me Maxwell" but she still will kill him

Well it could of been a friendly peer relationship
and also I don't think she has much control over who she attacks to begin with as seen with her remorse to hurt wilson in the beginning of the trailer and the animation that plays when you are in the dark is more like a shadow wisp constricting life out of you.

12 minutes ago, yousif7733 said:

after reading some replies i notice some people ship Maxwell/Charlie OR  just believe in ship existed these people are @Sinister_Fang and @Arlesienne and @Maslak and @CaptainChaotica

Well, a letter from Charlie to Maxwell seems to heavily imply a relationship between them. Or at the very least, it shows Charlie's feelings for him.

Max, 
Where are you? I haven't heard from you in days! I stopped by your place, so I've got your props and costume for the show. I'll see you at the theatre tonight, I hope?
We need to talk about your... Study room. There's some creepy stuff going on in there! Maybe when this run is over we can take a little break? My sister said we could use the family cabin up in BC if we want to get away
XO, 
Charlie

It would seem a little weird for the two of them to stay in a cabin together like that if there wasn't something going on.

21 minutes ago, yousif7733 said:

Klei and we all know Wilson a chance with willow

There's absolutely nothing in the game or in any puzzles that even remotely hint at this. At least, not that I know of.

28 minutes ago, yousif7733 said:

and the most important thing Maxwell/Charlie ship only existed for the plot

Could you clarify your point here? Because I could say They only existed for the plot. William finding the codex umbra only existed for the plot. Wilson being tricked and brought to this world only existed for the plot. The point I'm trying to make is that "_____ only existed for the plot" doesn't seem to mean very much.

Okay...lot to respond to here...

1.  I agree that Charlie has more style and is WAY super-fun to draw (although I haven't tried it yet...properly...does making a Sim count?  Don't have any decent screenshots of her at the moment though.) but I hesitate to say I totally like her better all the way, 'cos....that's _kinda_ sorta, in a meta, gameplay sense, saying that I definitively like Together better than original Don't Starve, and I still think the less popular, dowdier older sister deserves love too.  BUT, yeah, in general I get your point.

2.  Good point about how women had very few opportunities for proper jobs back then.  Dude, we're talking _the 1900's_.  The only available roles for women back then were still largely mother, old maid, and prostitute.  If you got to be a seamstress (NOT the "hem hem" type, heh) or a typist as an underpaid sweatshop-style drone somewhere you considered yourself lucky.  Charlie got to do something INTERESTING and with reasonable hours...with a boss who happened to _not suck_.  Whether or not they actually had a relationship I don't know, I just think there's definite POTENTIAL for that hinted in the bits of info we do have . And whether or not they could get back together NOW...weeelll...  And that (the lack of roles for women at the time part) leads into the next one, which is:

(Spoilered because I KNOW this is gonna piss some people off.  WARNING:  I am a certified tree-hugging liberal.  If you don't like that, _turn back now_.)

Spoiler

3.  YEEAAAHHH...gotta say, dude, the main itchy feeling this has been giving me since the very beginning _is_ misogyny.  Hate to bring it there when I realise even _mentioning_ the word "feminist" these days immediately starts people saying "tumblrtards" or "feminazis", gets the person saying it dismissed, thrown away, as an SJW, or the awful, horrible, STUPIDLY overused word "triggered"(Seriously I effing hate that being used for every little thing evar. Can we please retire it.  "You assumed someone's gender!  TRIGGERD!!!!1one" vs. when somebody is, well, actually _triggered off_ into a nervous breakdown/emotional episode by hateful or needlessly graphic "jokes" that make them relive a real-life past (or current!) trauma.  Just because some people--yes, unfortunately, including some calling themselves "feminists"--do abuse it _sometimes_, doesn't mean it's ALWAYS jokeable.) 

For the record I AM a feminist. And I will never, _ever_ be ashamed of it or say that I am not.  No matter HOW many slings and arrows society brings against the title.  _I_ know what it actually means, what it has ALWAYS meant (just...equality, god dammit!  Stop treating women like objects or The Strange, Mysterious Other and instead treat us as like, um...people? There's an idea?), and if we could stand up to decades of "Hur hur, they just hate men because they're UGLY and probably don't even shave their legs!" we can stand up to this latest nonsense too.  It will go away (and be replaced by NEW dismissive nastiness).  But we'll still be here.

SO, gotta say...getting a little victim-blamey up in here!  Just saying.  Also kinda getting that ancient "women are evil temptresses who trick and trap men" vibe.  It can't POSSIBLY be all Maxwell's fault if _she_ was there!  Huh.  Don't know if you actually meant it that way Yousif, and I realise English is not your native language so it's harder to pick the exact the right words, buuuuuttt...that's what I got out of what you _did_ write.  Sorry.

...aaand I am jumping the hell out of here.  Could've been a fun discussion, but it started of way too angry and victim-blamey and went from there.  To go back to a lighter tone, I like them both, I like both games, Charlie has more style, and whether or not they were in love at any point I certainly don't think they should _stab_ each other.  I am going to get HELL for the spoilered part but needed to say it anyway.  And if you read just the first part of it and go "SJW!!!"...you will have proved my point and I'll start ignoring you.

Althogh the mental image of Wilson rocking up to the throne and being like "YO.  Maxy.  Couldja please stop with all the monsters 'n' stuff, kthnxbai.  And for god's sake, do something about the heating and air conditioning in this place!  Geez!"...is seriously hilarious and I kinda want somebody to draw that now.  : P

...Notorious

34 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'd like to see a new person on the throne to be honest. See what a third game has in hold for the future. Maybe the parrot from shipwrecked can be a evil mastermind? :wilson_ecstatic:

My candidates:

Wes

Bernie (here's a ruler for hard times :twisted:)

The creepy beefalo guy

Cheeky Chris

after reading some replies i notice some people ship Maxwell/Charlie OR  just believe in ship existed these people are @Sinister_Fang and @Arlesienne and @Maslak and @CaptainChaotica my OTP is Wilson/willow and my second favorite ship Maxwell/Charlie i  first ship them when i first saw William Carter Puzzles from 2014 to 2016 but when i saw A New Reign Cinematic i just stopped shipping the ship burned and Sank deeper than the Titanic and there is on way any one is able to revive the dead ship even Klei and we all know Wilson a chance with willow but Maxwell has no any chance with Charlie not because of him it is her and a lot of the fans believe after the survivors go back to the normal world Maxwell and Charlie will be just friends no more no less and the most important thing Maxwell/Charlie ship only existed for the plot to gave us reason way hes want to his flat because she loved him it is just for the plot and Maxwell say in the darkness "Charlie it is me Maxwell" but she still will kill him

It is not "think it existed". It just does. Check AO3. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean it isn't popular.

And I do not ship. I'm a writer. I watch the society, learn the ships and then carefully. Thoughtfully. Lovingly twist them.

PS Me neighbours are not involved with me romantically in any fashion and they still check my place and plants. Dropping by a living area does not mean making (or wishing for) use of the bedroom.

All I'll say here is I'm all for the parrot from Shipwrecked taking over...OR, rather, us simply hearing more about what the deal _is_ with it.  Is it speaking for Maxwell and for some reason he can't project his normal self over there?  If so, why?  Etc.  Maxwell doesn't normally use words like "chump"...or does he...?  And if it's someone else, who?  Is this the same planet or another one entirely?  Were the Shipwrecked characters grabbed from Earth and what are _their_ backstories?

(Yes, yes, I know, "LORE?!  In SHIPWRECKED?! BA HA HA HA HA HA HA!" but that doesn't mean it isn't fun to _ask_.  And my own answer to one of the above questions:  yes it _is_ all the same planet and The Mainland and The Islands would be mutually reachable in realtime, on the same shard, if the game could handle it.  But that's just me.)

And, yes, there's definitely shippy hints in the actual canon thing, although I'm not really a shipper....(usually...but every now and then I'll come across characters who DO, legit, in canon, have such good chemistry that I'll consider it.  Only then, though.  I'm not one of those "OMG THEY'RE BOTH HOT THEY _MUST_ BE TOGETHER EVEN THOUGH THEY'VE NEVER EVEN MET" type fanficcers.  Yeesh.) but as for Charlie still hitting Maxwell in the dark anyway...?  I don't think she's even _in her right mind_ while as the Grue.  At that point, she's more shadowthing than human.  Some have said that the reason the darkness monster hisses at all is Charlie's last bit of humanity TRYING to _warn_ the player character somehow, that's she's still in there somewhere...but only _some_where.  Does she even KNOW it's Maxwell she's hitting, in that form?  Maybe not...

...Notorious

No @CaptainChaotica I think it's honestly a normal bird as you seem him on the flotsam or parrots like him on the islands

Oh look my post went gold I wonder If I could use this to extort some likes for my other main Warly

Spoiler

A vote for Warly is a vote for Woodlegs
Woodlegs 

Spoiler

A vote for Woodlegs is a vote for Wes
@Master Jand you getting all this for the election?

@All you who are voting at the election;

All the SW characters have gone missing once DST came out...

wonder where they went...

So they have postponed their candidacy.

However...

BREAKING NEWS: New candidate: Mime Party Wes has just joined for office.

In an interview with other candidates:

Wilson: I'm so gonna win I'm da best

Charlie: LOL, nope I have the mostz votz

Maxwell: What about meh... ಠ_ಠ

Wes: ...

Wilson: So um, got anything to say, Wes?

Wes: ...

Charlie: (• ε •) Looks like I'm gonna have an easy time winning this.

Maxwell: (ಥ _ ಥ) Never gonna get to the throne again...

Wes gives a speech later that day.

download(1).png

i just remember a very good question  you all have to be at some time come across some fanart of Maxwell so where the fans got the idea that Maxwell smoke @Arlesienne

They're out right now so I will take your request
221?cb=20160717203240
this is the NPC Maxwell and with a Cigar in his hand.

9 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Okay...lot to respond to here...

1.  I agree that Charlie has more style and is WAY super-fun to draw (although I haven't tried it yet...properly...does making a Sim count?  Don't have any decent screenshots of her at the moment though.) but I hesitate to say I totally like her better all the way, 'cos....that's _kinda_ sorta, in a meta, gameplay sense, saying that I definitively like Together better than original Don't Starve, and I still think the less popular, dowdier older sister deserves love too.  BUT, yeah, in general I get your point.

2.  Good point about how women had very few opportunities for proper jobs back then.  Dude, we're talking _the 1900's_.  The only available roles for women back then were still largely mother, old maid, and prostitute.  If you got to be a seamstress (NOT the "hem hem" type, heh) or a typist as an underpaid sweatshop-style drone somewhere you considered yourself lucky.  Charlie got to do something INTERESTING and with reasonable hours...with a boss who happened to _not suck_.  Whether or not they actually had a relationship I don't know, I just think there's definite POTENTIAL for that hinted in the bits of info we do have . And whether or not they could get back together NOW...weeelll...  And that (the lack of roles for women at the time part) leads into the next one, which is:

(Spoilered because I KNOW this is gonna piss some people off.  WARNING:  I am a certified tree-hugging liberal.  If you don't like that, _turn back now_.)

Reveal hidden contents

3.  YEEAAAHHH...gotta say, dude, the main itchy feeling this has been giving me since the very beginning _is_ misogyny.  Hate to bring it there when I realise even _mentioning_ the word "feminist" these days immediately starts people saying "tumblrtards" or "feminazis", gets the person saying it dismissed, thrown away, as an SJW, or the awful, horrible, STUPIDLY overused word "triggered"(Seriously I effing hate that being used for every little thing evar. Can we please retire it.  "You assumed someone's gender!  TRIGGERD!!!!1one" vs. when somebody is, well, actually _triggered off_ into a nervous breakdown/emotional episode by hateful or needlessly graphic "jokes" that make them relive a real-life past (or current!) trauma.  Just because some people--yes, unfortunately, including some calling themselves "feminists"--do abuse it _sometimes_, doesn't mean it's ALWAYS jokeable.) 

For the record I AM a feminist. And I will never, _ever_ be ashamed of it or say that I am not.  No matter HOW many slings and arrows society brings against the title.  _I_ know what it actually means, what it has ALWAYS meant (just...equality, god dammit!  Stop treating women like objects or The Strange, Mysterious Other and instead treat us as like, um...people? There's an idea?), and if we could stand up to decades of "Hur hur, they just hate men because they're UGLY and probably don't even shave their legs!" we can stand up to this latest nonsense too.  It will go away (and be replaced by NEW dismissive nastiness).  But we'll still be here.

SO, gotta say...getting a little victim-blamey up in here!  Just saying.  Also kinda getting that ancient "women are evil temptresses who trick and trap men" vibe.  It can't POSSIBLY be all Maxwell's fault if _she_ was there!  Huh.  Don't know if you actually meant it that way Yousif, and I realise English is not your native language so it's harder to pick the exact the right words, buuuuuttt...that's what I got out of what you _did_ write.  Sorry.

...aaand I am jumping the hell out of here.  Could've been a fun discussion, but it started of way too angry and victim-blamey and went from there.  To go back to a lighter tone, I like them both, I like both games, Charlie has more style, and whether or not they were in love at any point I certainly don't think they should _stab_ each other.  I am going to get HELL for the spoilered part but needed to say it anyway.  And if you read just the first part of it and go "SJW!!!"...you will have proved my point and I'll start ignoring you.

Althogh the mental image of Wilson rocking up to the throne and being like "YO.  Maxy.  Couldja please stop with all the monsters 'n' stuff, kthnxbai.  And for god's sake, do something about the heating and air conditioning in this place!  Geez!"...is seriously hilarious and I kinda want somebody to draw that now.  : P

...Notorious

@CaptainChaotica well i have nothing against woman i also want woman to be treated Equally i was only hating Charlie because she hurt Maxwell and Maxwell is my favorite character and he always said he is sorry about it some of the fault is on Maxwell but it can not all his fault and i think he is trying  to fix his mistake and maybe some day he and Wilson will build a portal and go back home i mean they all deserve a happy ending and i do not think i hate charlie any more

2 hours ago, yousif7733 said:

i just remember a very good question  you all have to be at some time come across some fanart of Maxwell so where the fans got the idea that Maxwell smoke @Arlesienne

As @Donke60 said, singleplayer. A cigar is one of the common attributes of a smug villain like Maxwell was in DS. Besides... smoke and mirrors, the illusory quality of HERE. Klei is good at amphiboly if you ask me.

Archived