Who do you prefer to sit on the throne Maxwell or Charlie ?

Who do you prefer to sit on the throne Maxwell or Charlie or anyone else ?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer to sit on the throne Maxwell or Charlie or anyone else ?

Charlie definitely. Maxwell, judging from his quotes, no way in heck wants to get back on the throne or deal with Them.

"You'll never get me behind bars again." - Birdcage

"I hope this keeps Them away." - Lantern

"Better them than me." - Inspecting some other puppet on the throne.

I think it should be impossible to kick Charlie off the throne anyway. What reason would she have to leave it after being so close to Them and maybe even one of Them? And with her being directly entwined with the entire world itself it seems unlikely or odd to me that you would be able dethrone her. Meanwhile Maxwell dearly wanted to get away and probably only could after setting up an elaborate adventure to entertain Them (and himself to an extent) and bring some other soul to take his place. As there is no way Them (They?) would have let him do it directly.

10 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Who's to say Charlie doesn't know ancient secrets too? She was everywhere darkness was. So she's been in the ruins. And who knows what things They could have told her?

Charlie's pathology in this situation suggests she probably knows near to nothing. Their influence on Maxwell was using him as a pawn, they gave him power and it made him capture and torment others of his own will. For Their entertainment additionally. Charlie however has zero investment or background in this world because she was merely caught in crossfire. The fact she has appeared at all is likely because They did not want Wilson on the throne, and so They resorted to using Charlie as a tool in order to maintain control over the world because she was already accessible to them.

In all, it suggests Charlie is almost completely under Their control because they needed her as a medium to uphold command. Her behavior is likely either caused directly by Them, or she is essentially being poisoned.

Her behavior in the opening scene suggests that part of her was already afflicted by Them prior to her emergence, and the fact the normal her displays power over the shadows means she likely was in purgatory for some time during which this all happened to her. When she began to resist the shadow half of herself, it merged with her completely to create a single dominant being. Which is essentially, her body and Their mind.

Although it has been referenced that They actually have a real leader. The tall shadow with unkempt hair is the only recurrent one of Them that has a respectable form, and it is seen at campfires, Maxwell's flat, and its image is even imprinted between the frames of when the shadows take Maxwell and Charlie on stage. Logically, something like that typically is not referenced unless it is of importance.

Maxwell was pushed to the real magic partly by his desperacy to become a great magician since his former tricks failed him as one. So really he isn't some plane antagonist, he just wanted to be able to make a living out of doing what he loved. Seems like shadows had other plans though and don't like to be disturbed, or at least not without a cost.

I mean, in terms to what they brought to the game:

Maxwell: "Here's something that will probably kill you. It's heading right for you. Good luck! Oh you survived? Here's something new that wants to kill you!"

Charlie: "Here's something will probably kill you, but I put it far away and you can come fight it whenever you want! Oh and you don't even have to see it or acknowledge its existence if you don't want to! Oh and here's a bunch of stuff that will make everything else you do easier! Good luck!"

35 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Maxwell: "Here's something that will probably kill you. It's heading right for you. Good luck! Oh you survived? Here's something new that wants to kill you!"

Charlie: "Here's something will probably kill you, but I put it far away and you can come fight it whenever you want! Oh and you don't even have to see it or acknowledge its existence if you don't want to! Oh and here's a bunch of stuff that will make everything else you do easier! Good luck!"

My parents in a nutshell...

1 hour ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Wasn't Wilson sitting on that throne for a few hours/days before being de-throned by Charlie? One can only wonder what horrible things was he able to create during that brief reign....

Spoiler

Well wonder no more, it's potato cups.

wilson_is_back__and_in_style__don_t_starve_fan_art_by_andy_butnariu-d6c3uxy.jpg

6 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Wasn't Wilson sitting on that throne for a few hours/days before being de-throned by Charlie? One can only wonder what horrible things was he able to create during that brief reign....

Reveal hidden contents

Well wonder no more, it's potato cups.

wilson_is_back__and_in_style__don_t_starve_fan_art_by_andy_butnariu-d6c3uxy.jpg

i am sure he did not create any thing at all it need some time for the throne to change you a make you create evil stuff Wilson did not have the enough time 

It's the 2017 Nightmare throne elections!

Cast your vote!

Is it for Demomagic candidate Maxwell?

Or maybe re-elect A New Republican candidate Charlie?

Or possibly, perhaps, 3rd parties Liberalscientist candidate Wilson?

It's all happening tonight on Throne Election Day!

hungry-history-cooking-for-the-commander-in-chief-20th-century-white-house-chefs-iStock_000004638435Medium-E.png

2 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

It's the 2017 Nightmare throne elections!

Cast your vote!

Is it for Demomagic candidate Maxwell?

Or maybe re-elect A New Republican candidate Charlie?

Or possibly, perhaps, 3rd parties Liberalscientist candidate Wilson?

It's all happening tonight on Throne Election Day!

hungry-history-cooking-for-the-commander-in-chief-20th-century-white-house-chefs-iStock_000004638435Medium-E.png

"I vote for.."
"We will be back with a new episode NEXT YEAR!"

Archived