Will Klei add things from DST to DS or RoG?

• Developer

I don't think so. DST is DS' sequel lore-wise, and many things added in it are from Charlie's control of the world.

And even if people argued some things could be added outside of it, I don't think Klei has enough time to work in a DST to DS port, given all the stuff they're working on right now.

I hope Klei never touches DS RoG. If they "fix" the singleplayer game by patching out every exploit there (fire farms, pinecone glitch, lantern glitch, etc) or add dumb mechanics from DST (disease, sinkholes, perma-glaciers), then the remnants of its community would completely abandon it.

10 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

I hope Klei never touches DS RoG. If they "fix" the singleplayer game by patching out every exploit there (fire farms, pinecone glitch, lantern glitch, etc) or add dumb mechanics from DST (disease, sinkholes, perma-glaciers), then the remnants of its community would completely abandon it.

They're aware of the exploits and don't mind leaving them there.

Though exploits might have been part of why DST had to be a separate game.

4 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I wish they would just pass the new bosses and mobs. It´s ridiculous that the multiplayer is now the only way to access new content.

Remember when like in Minecraft you could only get horses in multiplayer, oh wait, no, that never happened cause that would be awful. 

1. This ain't Minecraft. They're different kinds of games.

2. Klei has a LOT of things to work on (ANR's end, ONI, Hot Lava(?))

3. We don't really want to ruin the lore. Charlie's the one that made these new things after sending Wilson back to the world with Maxwell (after which they built the jury rigged portal that Charlie turned into the Florid Postern).

On 10.03.2017 at 7:48 PM, ImDaMisterL said:

I don't think so. DST is DS' sequel lore-wise, and many things added in it are from Charlie's control of the world.

And even if people argued some things could be added outside of it, I don't think Klei has enough time to work in a DST to DS port, given all the stuff they're working on right now.

But Klei don't must add portal and structures. They can add new bosses, beefalo riding and some buildings.

• Developer
Just now, BluAngel said:

But Klei don't must add portal and structures. They can add new bosses, beefalo riding and some buildings.

Beefalo riding could be friendly lore-wise, but some bosses and buildings belong in Charlie's reign, methinks.

On 11/03/2017 at 6:53 PM, ImDaMisterL said:

Beefalo riding could be friendly lore-wise, but some bosses and buildings belong in Charlie's reign, methinks.

There's no reason Beefalo riding shouldn't be added in Singleplayer, in fact, it makes more sense than having it in multiplayer where you log out and your beefalo is just left there hanging.

It's dumb, and stuff like this keeps me from really coming back to the game. 

Also, mobs that are not Charlie related should be added. Obviously. 

Yes!  Well, I wouldn't say it's _dumb_, but there are some basic just quality-of-life improvements that have nothing to do with any lore at all, that could be ported over to singleplayer just fine.  Hitting space near a tooth trap RESETS it, as it _should_, rather than the default being to pick it up.  Continuing to gather while you have something in your cursor hand.  The crafting menu. That kind of thing.  And yes, I've also LONG thought beefalo taming would make _more_ sense in singleplayer!

(Also gates?  People were asking about those since freaking 20_12_!   That's a Charlie-reign thing only by a slip of the time.)

It's kinda frustrating, 'cos I keep finding mods for the FANCY stuff from Together, but all I want are the little basics.  I can live without pets and the Toadstool, or moonstone crafting.  But I SO want to be able to carry things in my hand and still gather anyway.  Whenever I switch back I keep forgetting I can't do that anymore!

(What I really want is the new resource variants--not to have MORE resources, but to have, well..._variation_.  Grass geckos are cute and would make deserts a bit more alive.  I'd love to wake up after Maxwell tells me I'm not looking so good and have a chance of finding _juicy_ berry bushes.  Etc.)

ANYway.  I'd be quite happy with mods rather than canon Klei programming...but I don't know how to make mods, myself, and can't really _force_ good modders to make the stuff I want, so...

...Notorious

Or, you could just play Don't Starve Together alone on your own private world.

It may not have Adventure Mode and such, but it is a significantly basic alternative to the developers porting selectively lore-positive pieces of A New Reign and Together over to another game.

They can always add it as an add-on for some price.You should be able to activate this new content into your world,so you have the option to play vanilla DS:RoG or DS with DST components. 

It's not that hard and it will provide some more profit for the Klei team,I don't see any negativity apart from using their precious time. Perhaps hire another developer to port that stuff? There are a lot of modders in the workshop who try to do exactly that,but without the entire game engine it's really hard to port DST content into the DS game. A lot of mods miss important functions and some even crash the game (albeit not very often).

Personally, I like DS the way it is. The only thing I'd like from DST is being able to gather with full hands, as that's force of habit to think I can do that now.

Klei still works on DS, albeit not very often, and it's more to fix Shipwrecked than anything else. (Seriously, after playing it for a while, I can see why people think it's buggy. Cause it is...)

Archived