[Game Update] - (BETA) 209567

6 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

I will miss that yellow hazard tape on the portal, mostly because it was so funny wondering who put it there: The dept. of public health? The cops? In a world that just wants to kill you, who is it that suddenly felt they had a responsibility to warn us away from that thing?

Charlie did so that we tamper with it. Place a button DO NOT TOUCH and it will go off before tha paint's dried.

7 hours ago, Electroely said:

WX-78 obviously, since he has the most trouble with spoiled food.

Spoils of war to the warrior.

Now we finally know why he nicked all that loot.

unknown.png

• Like 9

11 hours ago, JJburner said:

OMG orange amulet finally has a use!!!! Those Cave holes have a chance to have ruins items on them and the only way to get on them is using the amulet. Thank you klei for makeing my 47 orange gems useful!!! XD

While I admit this is really neat, this only makes the amulet useful for one specific task. If they really wanted to make it useful they'd make it refuelable with nightmare fuel or significantly increase the amount of items it can pickup.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

What are cave holes exactly? How do they appear and what do they do? I didn't find any yet and the update post also doesn't mention them.

Well to my experience they spawn in the atrium and in the Village, Wilds, and Miltary biomes of the ruins. They are holes with a small portion of land in the center which has a random selection of ruins loot inside and the only way to retrieve is to use the lazy forager/orange amulet!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Players who have already prototyped Bundling Wrap in existing Worlds do not need to learn it again.

14 hours ago, Redakted said:

Just wanted to report a bug on the bundling wrap thing.  After the update I could no longer make the bundling wrap even though I had learned it before.

Can confirm this bug. This doesn't work for us, even though we had used Bundling Wraps many times before this update.

2 hours ago, Sumwan said:

Can confirm this bug. This doesn't work for us, even though we had used Bundling Wraps many times before this update.

Strange, it didn't bug out for me. 

Also, I looked up what Thurible means because why not.  A thurible is a metal censer suspended from chains, in which incense is burned during worship services. The more you know.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

I will miss that yellow hazard tape on the portal, mostly because it was so funny wondering who put it there: The dept. of public health? The cops? In a world that just wants to kill you, who is it that suddenly felt they had a responsibility to warn us away from that thing?

We may never know with the shadows.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 7:52 AM, JJburner said:

OMG orange amulet finally has a use!!!! Those Cave holes have a chance to have ruins items on them and the only way to get on them is using the amulet. Thank you klei for makeing my 47 orange gems useful!!! XD

Somebody explain to me about these cave holes; where to find them, how to find them, how does the lazy forager help in this scenario, are these gems renewable in these holes?

17 hours ago, JJburner said:

Well to my experience they spawn in the atrium and in the Village, Wilds, and Miltary biomes of the ruins. They are holes with a small portion of land in the center which has a random selection of ruins loot inside and the only way to retrieve is to use the lazy forager/orange amulet!

Oh, well... do they respawn already automatically, or do you need to use c_resetruins() for them? Or are they temporary? And do caves need to be regenerated for this content?

1 minute ago, jantonio said:

@V2C, are cave holes in pre-existing worlds?

Doesn't look like it. I just explored my ruins area. Found the new monkeys, clockwerks and guardian, but not a single cave hole.

Hey Klei, are you gonna add these new things to our pre-existing worlds?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WiggyWolf said:

Doesn't look like it. I just explored my ruins area. Found the new monkeys, clockwerks and guardian, but not a single cave hole.

Hey Klei, are you gonna add these new things to our pre-existing worlds?

Have you looked in the Atrium? I went there in a new world and found three or four. Never looked in the ruins tho.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Have you looked in the Atrium? I went there in a new world and found three or four. Never looked in the ruins tho.

Yup, I've checked the Atrium too. No cave holes there either. Maybe it's only available in new worlds. That sucks.

Are the ancient statues in the atrium supposed to be mineable? There is no option to use a pick ax on them...

2 hours ago, justacpa said:

Same.

wicker too?

btw, it's actually devs' error, even though i know, it'd require additional track of crafted items and not just learned recipe, and if the game doesn't have it (i suppose it does not, because why would it) it's either let every already existed wicker give the recipe or take it away regardless whether she crafted one or not

didn't try to offend anyone, only wanted to point that out