Now as we can make solid CO2 by freezing it enough, this has little use and CO2 seems limited use/potential.

Since in real life it's fairly hard to make much use from CO2, though there is a few cool researches for using lasers by converting it to O2. But it would be kind of cool to be able to turn CO2 to solid form > Collect the solid CO2 (dry ice) > Put it in a glass bottle or something > Put it on the ground > Add water > Explosions

How about explosives in general? That sounds like a great starter explosive that could do little damage. Then maybe get some bigger bombs like dynamite. Electric powered bombs? Smoke bombs? Gas bombs? Oxygen bombs? Actually, that last one doesn't sound so bad.

On 3/10/2017 at 2:02 AM, Denneisk said:

How about explosives in general? That sounds like a great starter explosive that could do little damage. Then maybe get some bigger bombs like dynamite. Electric powered bombs? Smoke bombs? Gas bombs? Oxygen bombs? Actually, that last one doesn't sound so bad.

I find that other explosives do not really play that well into the theme, though that is my subjective and personal opinion.

Dry ice bomb I feel fits well with the theme of the game (gasses) but I do find those other gas related bombs could be interesting.

Their use would be depending on what kind of monsters the game gets in the future, however it does hold some cool concepts when it comes to relocating gasses either way.

And a follow up, it would be cool to have some kind of oxygen tank or something that dupes can use while out gathering in the deadly gasses so that exploration is more supported by game features rather than being punished/exploring taking forever due to needing to create many small oxygen pockets/bases during exploration.

yeah i feel like bombs and combat in general doesnt fit the theme of the game. However dry ice could be a resource, used for... cooling maybe. Then again we are getting expansion on hot/cold temperatures soon, so we will have to see how that fits in.

Dry ice is simply the solidified form of carbon dioxide. Let's not forget that =P So it's pretty much already in the game. I agree with the idea that this wouldn't be a good addition to the type of game ONI is. To me this game isn't one of combat very much.

5 hours ago, mr_anderson said:

yeah i feel like bombs and combat in general doesnt fit the theme of the game. However dry ice could be a resource, used for... cooling maybe. Then again we are getting expansion on hot/cold temperatures soon, so we will have to see how that fits in.

The theme of the game is simply to survive by using an array of methods that reflects real life. Explosives are used all the time to mine for resources, and there's no logical reason why a colony that constantly needs to expand to survive and mine for materials would NOT use explosives to speed up the mining proccess, assuming they have resources for it.

Archived