New Players Should NOT Be Allowed To Vote Server Regen..

On 3/10/2017 at 5:56 PM, ItsPizzaTime said:

From experience I don't find nearly as many griefers on the beta branch as I do on the normal one. It's also because of this that I fear the day when Klei combines the two because of obvious reasons.

I noticed a tremendous drop in me having to moderate when going to the beta branch, thankfully.

Non-beta I was being pulled in every other day and the scenarios do get tiring to alleviate.

2 minutes ago, EarthwormJim said:

Now THAT'S efficient and also admirable! I respect that level of dedication to prevent griefing. :wilson_goodjob:

I've built banlist, they take a long time to find out who did it, remember that guy from the "bad community thread" these are the kind of greifers that are hard to figure out.

2 hours ago, EarthwormJim said:

Now THAT'S efficient and also admirable! I respect that level of dedication to prevent griefing. :wilson_goodjob:

I'd like to think that I banned every griefer that griefed frequently. However there is always going to be new griefers as more people buy the game. This  guy named "Clouds" is very persistent in making new accounts to grief.   He doesn't have anything better to do i guess.

I think having vote restrictions until a certain amount of days in a world is a good idea. Lots of people that just joined attempt to reset servers that others were in since day one. It isn't fair for them in my opinion. Also, we need to make the kick system kick players automatically if he/she leaves the server during the vote so that way the kick system won't be taken advantage of.

Agree with this, too many cancerous player haha. Just give vote access only to the longest days player on the server. 

And kicked player should not evade / dogde the vote, just add them to kicked list in the server, so even they avoid the vote , they cant coming back to the server

I have a private server and usually leave it open.   People are told if they steal or destroy stuff that I'll just restore from a backup and all their progress will be lost.   So far we have had a lot of great people join and no problems.

1 minute ago, Mencken said:

I have a private server and usually leave it open.   People are told if they steal or destroy stuff that I'll just restore from a backup and all their progress will be lost.   So far we have had a lot of great people join and no problems.

Researched it and still unsure of how complex it actually is to host a server but, doesn't it require a strong connection all the same otherwise all the other players will have a poor experience?

Citadel servers has an unbelievable connection, I get players from thousands of miles away and they never experience lag (or very, very little of it).   Lag is also a component of your computer, I had bad lag on my own server the first day and then rebooted, fixed it for good.  

I'd rather rent a server, the expense is pretty minimal, you could host a game yourself but I'm guessing you'll need a high speed connection and a fast pc.    I played a game hosted by someone on their computer, it was an I7 with 8gb ram and a 50mbps connection, too much lag (and I was literally 20 feet away).

Archived