Cooperative Play Setting, Everyone Has Individual Bases

21 hours ago, Kittydub said:

I find it very weird that you would call people here discussing the pro's and cons of this settlement idea sad. It's not a good quality to do that. Having critique and having a valuable discussion with each other about this is not sad. I for one, got a lot out of the posts here, there are well grounded arguments and well thought out responses in this topic. Not at all sad. 

I don't understand how anyone would tell him why his idea is wrong, even arguing point by point looking for the bad side, when he made clear he is happy with his server style and came here to share his idea with us.

For example, pointing out sharing the deerclops eyeball as something negative when it is the exact same thing on any server with more than one player doesn't make much sense, or I can't see it, other than try to show flaws where there is no one, and even if it were an actual obvious flaw I think OP would know about it already, and made the thread with a way different and more positive intention towards us. But to get on that very one, their barting system would allow others to trade for said eyeball and keep it cool and fun!

But then again I didn't come to argue about your playstyle (nor even your posting style :D), I only wanted OP to know I like his awesome idea and it is already clear DST is so amazing it has multiple ways to be played and enjoyed and no one can tell you are doing it wrong :)

Cheers!

3 hours ago, mochilo said:

I don't understand how anyone would tell him why his idea is wrong, even arguing point by point looking for the bad side, when he made clear he is happy with his server style and came here to share his idea with us.

For example, pointing out sharing the deerclops eyeball as something negative when it is the exact same thing on any server with more than one player doesn't make much sense, or I can't see it, other than try to show flaws where there is no one, and even if it were an actual obvious flaw I think OP would know about it already, and made the thread with a way different and more positive intention towards us. But to get on that very one, their barting system would allow others to trade for said eyeball and keep it cool and fun!

But then again I didn't come to argue about your playstyle (nor even your posting style :D), I only wanted OP to know I like his awesome idea and it is already clear DST is so amazing it has multiple ways to be played and enjoyed and no one can tell you are doing it wrong :)

Cheers!

This is General Discussion, not Server Bulletin or Steam Groups. This section is here to discuss ideas, not to just promote your server or idea and not accept any criticism on it. Asking questions and sharing doubts with the OP is what this topic is here for, not just to be a commercial for his server. 

I didn't point out sharing the Deerclops eyeball as something negative, as you say it. I simply asked a question and I got a great answer back from the OP, clearing away that doubt for me. I was asking that question in regards to the fact that you can 'hire' people to fight and I wasn't sure how that would work when it comes to Giants. Which is exactly what this forum is for. 'I don't get the point of this' and 'I think there are better ways to do this' or asking a simple question about a drop are not calling this whole idea wrong or desperately looking for a flaw in this design. 

Calling people sad because they don't share your opinion, that's just simply not necessary. 

Cheers!

49 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

I didn't point out sharing the Deerclops eyeball as something negative

Cool, cleared out. After all I didn't quote your post (I think I didn't even read it before posting, there were a few bigger ones), so no need to include yourself or feel like my words were for you (:

31 minutes ago, mochilo said:

Cool, cleared out. After all I didn't quote your post (I think I didn't even read it before posting, there were a few bigger ones), so no need to include yourself or feel like my words were for you (:

You literally used my question about the Deerclops eyeball as a way to defend your way of thinking, I just corrected you. If you are going to mention my post, the single one post with anything about giant drops, I am going to respond to clarify myself, especially if you are twisting my words.

Apologies to OP for the slight derail. 

Archived