Is there any efficient way to farm butter?

The easiest way in shipwrecked is with elephant cactus (If you know the location of the volcano). Put a patch of cacti close to your base (but not close enough to attack walls etc). Surround them with flowers and remove all other flowers from the area. While you're in and around your base butterflies will continue to spawn and be immediately killed without you having to get involved (birds too). Remember to wear cactus armour when going to collect the loot though.

Hmm...adding onto that Elephant Cactus suggestion, maybe not just one elephant cactus patch, but maybe 9? I see some using just one, for some reason. Gives you enough spikes for 3 cactus armor and you can mass kill butterflies if it's close to your base. But for all those nets, I assume one would need a couple spider nests to farm all of that silk. But a butter farm with more is completely viable.

I made a elephant cactus farm with 12 of them, two lines of six. I got around 100 butterflies, tons of jet feathers and morsels --- no butter. Maybe just unlucky. I've had better chances of beefalo killing butterflies for butter than this. Planted dozens of flowers and dropped seed in between. It was MILD season, just one day of sporadic wind and it blew a bunch of the flowers and seeds away. Taking them to ROG would be way better since there is no wind there.

2 hours ago, Ispin69 said:

I made a elephant cactus farm with 12 of them, two lines of six. I got around 100 butterflies, tons of jet feathers and morsels --- no butter. Maybe just unlucky. I've had better chances of beefalo killing butterflies for butter than this. Planted dozens of flowers and dropped seed in between. It was MILD season, just one day of sporadic wind and it blew a bunch of the flowers and seeds away. Taking them to ROG would be way better since there is no wind there.

Just a matter of luck indeed.

the best possible way would be if you actually stay close as much time as you can... This will trigger the butterfly production :)

Archived