[Feedback/Suggestions] Initial 16 Hours

Just finished playing my first 3 hours (Edit: 16 hours now, after my 5th time playing), so I apologize if I have missed things when mentioning my feedback and suggestions. The game seems really great, so far, and reminds me of polish during the Early Access days of Don't Starve (which far exceeded the original browser version). While I will focus mainly on things that bothered me in the game, keep in mine that I very much enjoyed my experience.

Object Sprite Size
- The sprites for the placeable objects are too large, for the tiles. A lot of the objects (especially the floor lamp) slightly overlap into the adjacent space. This makes for a crowded look to the game and makes things, overall, less neat. I find myself wanting to space things out because they appear too clustered. However, in my opinion, most (there are a few that are fine sizes) of the placeable object should be about 75% of their current size so that they can be placed alongside each other without causing too much crowding. Also, this might be just because I am playing at 1080p resolution, but the sweep icon looks like a person in a wheel chair. Perhaps removing the top box will make it look like a dolly 

Multiple Object Selection
- [Mostly Solved] Is there a way to first select multiple objects at once so that they all be modified (i.e. have all of their priorities changed, at once)? It is time-consuming to change the priorities of 20 different items. It would be nice to hold down the Control key and select multiple blocks or objects. Perhaps I missed how to do this. Edit: I found the prioritize option that lets me change all of the priorities at once. This helps me with that aspect. Would still like to be able to select multiple objects/tiles at once, for slight convenience. Not sure if this is a graphical bug, but I highly suggest the priority numbers cover the actual tile, even if they have to be smaller. Right now, they are between two tiles and there is no way to know which tile they are supposed to refer to (for new players).

Minor Graphical Glitches
- There are some minor graphical glitches when looking at reports, and other in-game forms, where elements of (I believe) that environment glitch through the form temporarily.

Autosweep / Automop
- Is there a way to autosweep or automop (once again, sorry if I missed this option)? I notice the list of jobs, for each person, only has sweeping but nothing about mopping. Is mopping part of this sweeping task? If so, perhaps it should say "Sweep/Mop".

Medical Bed Health Indicators
- When you go to the medical bed, it would be nice to have an indication of the current health of the clones before selecting them.

Joules, Kilojoules, and Large Values
- There was one form that displayed both Joules (J) for some items and kJ for others. The joules numbers were in the 100000 or 1000000 range (with a single decimal place, also), which is very awkward to read. Please use kJ consistently across the form, especially for values of this magnitude. I noticed somewhere else where it says 1E +7 J (or something similar), when it could have easily stated them in kJ. Edit: Just looked again, these large numbers were used in the reports for calorie generation and usage. Also, it uses programming-like terms such as "BasicPlantFood" (not sure what this is) and "UsedCalories".

Pipe Icons and Visual Indicators
- [Edit: After 2nd play] I find the pipe input and output arrows and colors to be slightly confusing (not difficult to understand, just went looking at them). Water in is blue (in the visual stage) and waste out is green. Yet, the input arrow is green and output is white. It would be nice for this to better visually represents what is going on. Perhaps some arrows on the pipe layout to show the expected or actual flow of liquids (as it is shown when completed. Perhaps a more visually-helpful icon for input and output (perhaps a typical faucet with an arrow for output or something; I am not very creative, unfortunately). Once water is flowing through the pipes, they look great and are quick to understand.

Water Usage
- [Edit: After 3rd play; 10 hours] It would be nice to have the option to off-limit a water source (either partially or fully) to keep the clones from using it. It is difficult to prepare a water source to be used with piping for the lavatory and shower only to have all the clones remove half the water for other uses. Something like the priority tab, but it allows you to set water tiles that are on- or off-limits to clones.

Pump Placement
- [Edit: After 3rd play; 10 hours] It is difficult to place pumps and pipes within contaminated water, oxygen, or other gases. I always have to either make a hole in the wall to place it or swim/walk down though it to place a pump at the bottom. It would be nice to be able to do this from a safe location that is close by or perhaps increase the distance that pumps can be placed from (even if just from above, which would be equivalent to lowering the pump and pipes into the contaminated fluid). I am not sure if there is another way I should be doing this.

Clone Equipment
- [Edit: After 3rd play; 10 hours] It would be nice if each clone could be equipped with a single piece of equipment. There could be a thing for creating the equipment, using various resources. Some examples of equipment could include a hazmat suit (protection against toxic gases, uses filtration material), oxygen bottle (can hold breath longer and uses bottled oxygen), armour (defence against creatures), improved shovel (improves digging rate), backpack (could be used to house a small amount of supplies to provide to themselves or others, in the field; this could include bottled water, bottled oxygen, and/or food). Some of these would allow for further excursions from the base or for variations in character usages.

Redundant Character Traits
- [Edit: After 3rd play; 10 hours] Getting a character with +75% in cooking (for example) ability with the trait that makes it so they cannot cook seems pointless. Why would a clone have an improved cooking ability if they will not ever cook? Same thing with other conflicting bonuses and traits (i.e. research).

Difficult to Read Research Progress Bars
- [Edit: After 4th play; 12 hours] The black text on the dark green and dark blue bars (displaying the research progress for the basic and intermediary machines) are very difficult to read as both the bar and the text are very dark. I would suggest using better-contrasting colours.

Pipe & Power Cable Removal
- [Solved] Removing pipes and power cables can be tricky, especially when they occupy the space of another placeable object. This could be another thing I missed, but it would be nice to be able to remove (unconstruct or cancel construction) of only water pipes or power cables (as done in Rim, with power cables). I find myself removing all sorts of shared objects (i.e. unbuilt tiles, ladders, and more). Edit: Playing now again, I see the options form to choose the type of object to be deleted. Excellent!

This is all I can think of, right now. I am going to play more of the game, a little later. Overall, a great experience. Just some quality of life changes that could make things a little easier to play (IMO). Will be nice to see more variety and things to do (which I am certain will come later, if the the development of this game is anywhere near the quality of the Don't Starve development).

Thank you for your time.

Archived