Battery behavior.

Very bad things happen...

I have a setup of enclosed batteries:

Spoiler

20170225181131_1.jpg

I tried to make vacuum putting a pump above them, the pump itself was not inside with the batteries, but in a separate room with a small gas permeable tile connecting to the batteries room. Since the pumping seemed to stop I closed the access replacing the tile between those rooms, cleaned the area to build some deoxydizers, as soon as they finished the second one it exploded:the only thing I remember seeing was a purple flare, and a loud sound, immediately four duplicants were killed.

I don't know what happened. the room was quite hot indeed, due to the batteries, maybe the built the deoxidizers or the wires with the heated material triggering the explosion.

Spoiler

Shortly after I was having fun with an idle duplicant with trench stench ruining everyone's meal walking around the dining room.

Spoiler

20170228125748_1.jpg

Those three don't exist any more...

7 minutes ago, Oatmeal said:

Oh! So batteries actually DO explode!

Actually what exploded was the deoxidizer (or the wire?) it disappear and also the one next to it.

The day they add hydrogen explosions... oh man...

Oh! Well it is good to know something explodes. Granted, I had heard some people mention that there were explosions, but I had never seen it happen and no one ever said what it was that exploded.

But Hydrogen explosions... HA! That'll be great.

1 hour ago, Octyabr said:
  Hide contents

Shortly after I was having fun with an idle duplicant with trench stench ruining everyone's meal walking around the dining room.

Hide contents

20170228125748_1.jpg

Those three don't exist any more...

omg... this is so depressing

I'm also expecting electrical hazards at some point. You shouldn't be able to drip water onto batteries for free stream for example. That should net you a nice big explosion, or at the very least an electrical short. Insulated wires could be a way of dealing with moisture as well as heat.

Archived