[Resource] Calories and where to get them

On the topic of Pincha Pepperplant, this seems to get an excellent yield quickly - except the rightmost plant. And not counting the effect ratio bug, hope they fix that one after weekend. Temperature switches below 58 °C, keeps it effectively in Ideal temperature.

20170520155338_1.jpg

16 minutes ago, stgo said:

The plant is receiving polluted water but says "cannot irrigate" without any details.

You are not a first one to report that. Though I can say I never encountered that. Though I cant remember if i ever built irrigation from "up". Either a straight line through, or from "bottom" , never encountered this problem.

btw: I suppose you checked the tile for storage? If you used it previously for different irrigation, you have to deconstruct it. "Empty building" is not working right now.

20170520221914_1.jpg

I have a proposition for the fridge under vacuum it's harder to put in place than before the update but it work pretty well.

Fridge.png

The trick is the construction of the door, if you build it exactly like that, the dupes will NEVER open it and will just pass through. Look at Rowan squeezing through as if he was made entirely of genetic ooze.

door.png

It can be considered as an exploit so I think it will be corrected pretty quickly in the next patch like the old square vacuum fridge.

It's pretty useful so I use it for almost everything, like for the compost in the bottom right or when I construct with temperature in mind like agriculture or oxygen bubbler.

Also beware of dupes with flatulence they seem to coincide their farts with the small time they are in the fridge, filling it with natural gas, trench coat as the same effect but will fill it with polluted oxygen instead, that's why I build the gas pump inside as an emergency.

10 hours ago, Vilda said:

You are not a first one to report that. Though I can say I never encountered that. Though I cant remember if i ever built irrigation from "up". Either a straight line through, or from "bottom" , never encountered this problem.

btw: I suppose you checked the tile for storage? If you used it previously for different irrigation, you have to deconstruct it. "Empty building" is not working right now.

For pincha I always fed proper polluted water ... will check the content of the box.

I did the mistake of bad water for berries. Uprroted them then emptied the building and now it contains 10 kg water but "Awainting irrigation" I guess that's the bug your refer to.

By the way I check plant description and so and didn't find where you know the proper water to feed... any hint ?

8 minutes ago, stgo said:

By the way I check plant description and so and didn't find where you know the proper water to feed... any hint ?

It's in the description you see when you're planting a seed.

whh7tSL.png

8 minutes ago, MidrealmDM said:

Any advice on how to stop the Duplicants from eating the ingredients?
They always seem to eat the meal lice out of the fridge before I can cook them up into something better.

Check the Consumables menu.

On 5/20/2017 at 4:19 PM, Vilda said:

20170520221914_1.jpg

My question is not relevant to thread.  I just wanted to ask if your piping set-up is better than just through the plant inputs?

6 minutes ago, anosu said:

My question is not relevant to thread.  I just wanted to ask if your piping set-up is better than just through the plant inputs?

There used to be time when pulling the pipe straight through the inputs meant the water would get only to the first few. It was fixed some time ago.

If possible, please add plants per dup to your nice chart.  I keep coming back to this post trying to make sure I have the right amount of plants per dup.  Even if you just have maximum number needed per dup to make it easier (so put the 4.2 for Mealwood instead of the 2.1).

Thank you for this post though.  It's so helpful when trying to get used to this game.

Archived