Hydrogen Generator: Bug or User Error?

Hello there! I've been messing around quite a bit with the hydrogen generator, but for some reason, even while there's bottled hydrogen inside of it, it's not generating power. Anyone have any ideas as to why? Or, is this really just a bug that needs to be fixed at some point?

Untitled.png

Here's another thing! my gas pump is now refusing to pump at all. It has power, it has inputs, and it's in quite a lot of gas. Smh.

Untitled.png

The problem is that it currently needs a constant flux to work.

Try this: get a fairly big enclosed room, put a generator a pump and some pipes connecting them, fill the room with hydrogen at 2kg per tile and you'll have a perfectly working generator, until of course, the pump starts to stutter.

I wish duplicants could be able to harvest gases the same way they carry water, and then they deposit the hydrogen in some kind of tank connected to the generator.

25 minutes ago, Octyabr said:

The problem is that it currently needs a constant flux to work.

Try this: get a fairly big enclosed room, put a generator a pump and some pipes connecting them, fill the room with hydrogen at 2kg per tile and you'll have a perfectly working generator, until of course, the pump starts to stutter.

I wish duplicants could be able to harvest gases the same way they carry water, and then they deposit the hydrogen in some kind of tank connected to the generator.

So, essentially, it's a bug lol; otherwise there wouldn't be a point to the stored hydrogen in the generator if a constant flux is required to make it work. The pressure of the hydrogen stored within the generator should provide more than enough flux for it to work (even though the generator is pretty much just a hydrogen combustion chamber).

I've created a work-around; creating constant flux through the use of minimizing the gas input by using a gas valve. Shouldn't have to do it this way, but for now.. it works. 

This bug has already been reported and I already noted where the issue is.
It's due to the input pipe telling the machine that it doesn't have mass so the machine turns off.
Would've hoped that bug report would've been noticed yesterday but I guess they were busy.

Archived